The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MouseDreaming

I do. I also remember when channel 11 had cartoons after school, and in between shows would have an interactive video game on the tv. Kids would send in their name on postcards with their phone number. Then they would get a call from WPIX. A space invader type of game was shown on tv and the kids would have to yell PIX to shoot the aliens. Wonder if @figmentfan423 remembers.
I remember!

Goofyernmost

I will have so much to catch up. With family visiting I don’t want to be rude and ignore them. So our oldest dog somehow got an abscess on her back. I only noticed it when petting her last night. It felt like a lump. So I called the vet and we got her in today. She shaved the fur off and it was a bloody mess. She took her in the bag to clean it out. So now the dog has a drain and the vet will recheck her on Saturday. She is on antibiotics now. No idea how it occured. The vet said it could be fron a cyst possibly. We won’t know until it heals. So dh stayed home while the rest of us(in laws as well) went to see Mary Poppins. Dh didn’t want to take a chance leaving the dog with the other pets. And we are also trying to confine her to non carpeted areas. The music and cinematography, and 2d animation were fantastic. Mary Poppins role didn’t seen very large though compared to the man who was sort of the “new” Bert. I was happy to see that Mr. Sherman did consult with the music. The score sounded like something he would have written. They definitely took good care in trying to make it a sequel worth making. Dh didn’t want to see it because he didn’t think the movie should have had a sequel. I am guessing many may have thought that looking at box office revenues. We enjoyed it though. :)
You may be right about the public. I wasn't planning to see it because I thought the same thing. How can they possible make Mary Poppins any better then the original and how can they do that without everyone comparing the characters to the original. The holidays have been so busy that I never got around to seeing it, but, I did research it, and saw enough segments that I did indeed peak my curiosity. Problem is it is no longer playing in the area so hopefully word of mouth will get around enough to give it a revival. I really want to see Mr. Van D yke do that dance. He's 93 years old now, but, having him included in a recreation of a character (by relation and looks) as he played in the original is pure genius. At least in Mary Poppins I don't have to be worried about a beloved character gets killed off like in Star Wars. In that one they prevented the return of Solo (that we know) and nature took care of Princess Leia. That was a sad time for the Star Wars franchise in my opinion.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Well, that's the other problem. In her family, it's basically me and my dad who have bachelor's degrees. None of my cousins do, nor did their spouses, my aunt does not, her ex didn't, my uncle does not, my estranged aunt does not, and my mother does not. My grandfather was big on education; he had a degree and so my dad followed in his footsteps. But basically, on this side of the family, I'm the only woman with a bachelor's. I never really thought about it; I guess because on the other side of the family, I have older female cousins who have degrees, but on my dad's side...yup, it would just be me.

If I get my master's then I would be the first woman on either side of the family and I would be a real trailblazer in my family.

You fit the profile for Federal Statistics. U.S. Education Department's National Center for Education Statistics shows that children of college-educated parents are much more likely to pursue and complete an undergraduate degree than are young people whose parents did not attend college. as they moved through their education (or didn’t). Researchers divided students into three groups: one where at least one parent got a degree, one where at least one parent had some college and one where neither parent had any college. The results showed that an individual’s schooling pursuits were significantly influenced by their parents' backgrounds. Your Dad moved onto education beyond his bachelors degree, it is likely you would too. As my kids have moved forward with their career goals into masters and certifications it will be interesting if they ever decide to have children what those offspring will do. With the masters my DD is pursuing it will easily triple or more her salary in under a year and she is already doing well with her bachelors.
I want that sign. Can you ask where she got it?

Thanks. I've admired it for a couple years now and she knows my love of Disney World.

She got it from a craft fair but it is all over Etsy in various designs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom