The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

We saw Mary poppins returns two times now and it has been highly enjoyable. I might even say I prefer this one to the original......(runs and hides)🧐
I liked it. I just prefer Julie Andrews and Dick Van in the title roles. Jane was cast perfectly. Similar facial features. The kids were adorable. Loved the dance sequence with the lamplighters. Do you have any idea why Julie Andrews didn’t make a special appearance? I wanted to cry when I saw Dick Van dancing on the table. :)

MySmallWorldof4

Sympathy like for the dog!! I hope she heals up fast.
I originally thought the Mary Poppins movie was a remake and I didn't want to see a remake of a classic. Then I found out it was actually a sequel. I didn't particularly like Emily Blunt as Mary, but then, I don't think I would like anyone as much as Julie Andrews. I thought the movie overall was cute, though not as good as the original...but it felt like it followed the exact same line. There's the "new" Bert, and the "new" kids, and every scene is like a scene from the original movie, just tweaked. There's the animated sequence, and the silly relative they visit like Uncle Albert who floats on the ceiling, and the chimney sweep dance number, and the flying a kite number....just all slightly different and set to new music. So we enjoyed it, it's cute, but it didn't feel very original or creative. But it's a good diversion if you want something to do with the whole family.
That was a great description of the film. You stated it perfectly!:)

Songbird76

DD and I were busy again today. I don't have pics of what she made....you guys, she is so creative. She's on accessories duty, making bow and arrows for the Brave ears, and swords for Carrot ears. But, here's what I did. We couldn't find red bandanas, so we got creative and found the skull and crossbone pirate flags...they are a string of flags you hang up for a themed party, and they are the perfect size for the ears, and we found black bandanas and blinged it up with red glitter stones. We found bamboo hors d' oeuvres pricker things that DD is turning into swords and a bow, and toothpicks that she is turning into arrows. I'll have to do those pictures later.

49647046_2424073767606056_4603162423900241920_n.jpg

MySmallWorldof4

Poor doggie. :( Weird medical things happen to them, without any rhyme or reason. At least she's been well taken care of, and will heal now that the abscess has drained. She'll also be a lot more comfortable. Good thing you noticed it when you did, so take some comfort in that.
She seems better this morning. Dh said she slept well and didn’t really bug him. Hopefully she can get the drain out tomorrow.

Songbird76

I liked it. I just prefer Julie Andrews and **** Van **** in the title roles. Jane was cast perfectly. Similar facial features. The kids were adorable. Loved the dance sequence with the lamplighters. Do you have any idea why Julie Andrews didn’t make a special appearance? I wanted to cry when I saw **** Van **** dancing on the table. :)
I wondered why Julie Andrews wasn't in it at all, too. Heck, she still acts, why couldn't she play the role? I know she can't really sing a lot now because of the nodes, but there wasn't a whole lot of Mary singing anyway. But she should have at least had a cameo like the balloon lady.

MySmallWorldof4

DD and I were busy again today. I don't have pics of what she made....you guys, she is so creative. She's on accessories duty, making bow and arrows for the Brave ears, and swords for Carrot ears. But, here's what I did. We couldn't find red bandanas, so we got creative and found the skull and crossbone pirate flags...they are a string of flags you hang up for a themed party, and they are the perfect size for the ears, and we found black bandanas and blinged it up with red glitter stones. We found bamboo hors d' oeuvres pricker things that DD is turning into swords and a bow, and toothpicks that she is turning into arrows. I'll have to do those pictures later.

View attachment 336524
Very cool! Cannot wait to see the rest. :)

SteveBrickNJ

DD just came up to show me the finished Little Mermaid ears. You can't see it clearly, but there's a mini dinglehopper that goes through the bow (we didn't make the bow...we found a perfect one that is made of double sided green/purple sequins that look like fish scales).
View attachment 336535
I had to put in a search: "What is a DINGLEHOPPER? " ....AH...now I see. A reference to Ariel and The Little Mermaid. It's amazing how clueless I can be even though I am on this Disney themed forum 😌

Figgy1

I do. I also remember when channel 11 had cartoons after school, and in between shows would have an interactive video game on the tv. Kids would send in their name on postcards with their phone number. Then they would get a call from WPIX. A space invader type of game was shown on tv and the kids would have to yell PIX to shoot the aliens. Wonder if @figmentfan423 remembers.
Not really. I didn't watch tv after school. I was a weekend morning tv person

Figgy1

I liked it. I just prefer Julie Andrews and **** Van **** in the title roles. Jane was cast perfectly. Similar facial features. The kids were adorable. Loved the dance sequence with the lamplighters. Do you have any idea why Julie Andrews didn’t make a special appearance? I wanted to cry when I saw **** Van **** dancing on the table. :)
I see somebody got censored:hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom