The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

I will have so much to catch up. With family visiting I don’t want to be rude and ignore them. So our oldest dog somehow got an abscess on her back. I only noticed it when petting her last night. It felt like a lump. So I called the vet and we got her in today. She shaved the fur off and it was a bloody mess. She took her in the bag to clean it out. So now the dog has a drain and the vet will recheck her on Saturday. She is on antibiotics now. No idea how it occured. The vet said it could be fron a cyst possibly. We won’t know until it heals. So dh stayed home while the rest of us(in laws as well) went to see Mary Poppins. Dh didn’t want to take a chance leaving the dog with the other pets. And we are also trying to confine her to non carpeted areas. The music and cinematography, and 2d animation were fantastic. Mary Poppins role didn’t seen very large though compared to the man who was sort of the “new” Bert. I was happy to see that Mr. Sherman did consult with the music. The score sounded like something he would have written. They definitely took good care in trying to make it a sequel worth making. Dh didn’t want to see it because he didn’t think the movie should have had a sequel. I am guessing many may have thought that looking at box office revenues. We enjoyed it though. :)
Sympathy like for the dog!! I hope she heals up fast.
I originally thought the Mary Poppins movie was a remake and I didn't want to see a remake of a classic. Then I found out it was actually a sequel. I didn't particularly like Emily Blunt as Mary, but then, I don't think I would like anyone as much as Julie Andrews. I thought the movie overall was cute, though not as good as the original...but it felt like it followed the exact same line. There's the "new" Bert, and the "new" kids, and every scene is like a scene from the original movie, just tweaked. There's the animated sequence, and the silly relative they visit like Uncle Albert who floats on the ceiling, and the chimney sweep dance number, and the flying a kite number....just all slightly different and set to new music. So we enjoyed it, it's cute, but it didn't feel very original or creative. But it's a good diversion if you want something to do with the whole family.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I will have so much to catch up. With family visiting I don’t want to be rude and ignore them. So our oldest dog somehow got an abscess on her back. I only noticed it when petting her last night. It felt like a lump. So I called the vet and we got her in today. She shaved the fur off and it was a bloody mess. She took her in the bag to clean it out. So now the dog has a drain and the vet will recheck her on Saturday. She is on antibiotics now. No idea how it occured. The vet said it could be fron a cyst possibly. We won’t know until it heals. So dh stayed home while the rest of us(in laws as well) went to see Mary Poppins. Dh didn’t want to take a chance leaving the dog with the other pets. And we are also trying to confine her to non carpeted areas. The music and cinematography, and 2d animation were fantastic. Mary Poppins role didn’t seen very large though compared to the man who was sort of the “new” Bert. I was happy to see that Mr. Sherman did consult with the music. The score sounded like something he would have written. They definitely took good care in trying to make it a sequel worth making. Dh didn’t want to see it because he didn’t think the movie should have had a sequel. I am guessing many may have thought that looking at box office revenues. We enjoyed it though. :)

Poor doggie. :( Weird medical things happen to them, without any rhyme or reason. At least she's been well taken care of, and will heal now that the abscess has drained. She'll also be a lot more comfortable. Good thing you noticed it when you did, so take some comfort in that.

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
@Mr Ferret 88 , was Santa good to you on Christmas? (One of my gifts was a dvd of Christopher Robin--I haven't seen the movie yet, so I asked for the dvd.) I'll get around to watching it at some point. As for food and treats, I'm still indulging, days later . . . :hilarious:
That would mean @figmentfan423 was wrong and i have been good all year ...

MySmallWorldof4

Merry Christmas everyone! My wife and daughter are still in bed at 11:30 am! So while waiting for them I turned on the tv and I see that NY's Channel 11 still shows some Yule logs with music. That brings back childhood memories! Did anyone ever experience the same thing when you were little?View attachment 335964
I do. I also remember when channel 11 had cartoons after school, and in between shows would have an interactive video game on the tv. Kids would send in their name on postcards with their phone number. Then they would get a call from WPIX. A space invader type of game was shown on tv and the kids would have to yell PIX to shoot the aliens. Wonder if @figmentfan423 remembers.

MySmallWorldof4

Overall Christmas was a pretty good day. Hubs and I exchanged some good presents. I always enjoy seeing him open what I buy him. We had a pleasant day at my sisters house as well. Our Italian feast was delicious.

Right away this morning my back was feeling really good, just a little achy. Then after hubs and I exchanged gifts I was carrying a box down the stairs today while thinking about how good my back was feeling today, then I missed the last step. Fell down, wrenched my back again, banged my knee, scraped my arms, and got my food stuck under the door. But nothing was broken, so I guess that’s good news.
Ugh! A tad late to this post. Hope you are better by now.

MySmallWorldof4

I am apparently someone that attracts dog. I like cats and dogs, but, I do not want to be responsible for one at this point in my life. However, they all seem to come to me (dogs). I have a neighbor that has this cute little tiny lap dog. If she sees me she jumps up and down and pulls away from her owner to be petted by me. One day, I was standing next to our handyman here in the complex and as she went by she ran up to me with front paws on my leg and head extended upward for me to rub. The handyman, who has also had a lot of exposure to the dog reached out to pet her and she dropped down and went the other way, until he went back up and then she returned to me. Her owned says that whenever she takes Elsie out, she always stops at my door and looks up like she is waiting for me to open the door.

A few days ago I pulled in and was walking toward my apartment and the lady that owns her was walking along side me. When she opened the door, little Elsie ran right past her and directly over to me. Her owner said, "Wow, so now you would rather go to him then to the person that feeds you and takes you out". If I had that same affect on women I could become the gigolo that I always dreamed of being.
So sweet. Dogs have a sense of who good people are. :)

MySmallWorldof4

And this my sons girlfriend sent to me

Found under my DD lovely fun tree. She knows my unfaltering love of Disney. I have always felt the Magic never lost the Magic. My first trip to Disney was Disneyland as WDW didn’t exist. I was not quite 2 years old. Born and Bred Disney.

View attachment 336247View attachment 336248
I want that sign. Can you ask where she got it?

MySmallWorldof4

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!!

I’ll catch up shortly.. wanted to tell @MySmallWorldof4 and @Songbird76 what I had to do for Santa’s paper..

MySmallWorld was correct! Slim pickins at Hobby Lobby, like really SLIM. So, here’s what I did-
View attachment 336289

View attachment 336287

I feel like the ribbon helped a lot, and T liked it.. so the paper/ribbon combo worked! I waited way too long to buy the tags too.. would never have gone with gingerbread men for Santa.

I was so tired that I didn’t even use all of the ribbons I bought for the other presents, and I repurposed the box from St Nick, and didn’t even wrap it- but did fill it with wrapping paper scraps inside before he got to the shirts.

This was my laziest Christmas of T’s life!! This year was just too hectic and I was too exhausted.
But on Christmas morning my son hugged me and exclaimed- “This is the BEST Christmas EVER!”
❤️
All of that stress I had, and in the end it didn’t matter.

Oh, and for the first time ever.. we wore matching pjs.

View attachment 336288
Very nice picture. I love the wrapping! The gingerbread men are very cute. T is such a sweet kid. See, you worry too much. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom