The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

21stamps

Well, I love the paper! I'm going to have to look for paper again now that Christmas is over....there might be some sales, or they might go back to regular wrapping paper that will also work for Christmas and I can restock. So nice that T enjoyed what he got and the wrapping. DS wanted to keep a lot of the wrapping paper this year because he thought it was pretty, and he just wants to be able to look at it once in a while. And he was so excited about every gift he got. DD knew what she was getting because she was with me when I got most of it, but she was still really excited to finally GET the things. She isn't as picky about the wrapping though.

That’s wonderful that they were both excited!!! :)

I learned my lesson on glittery paper though.. I didn’t even open the second roll of the gold. Tried to put a ribbon around one.. couldn’t get it to stay.. loaded up tape and it still wouldn’t hold flat. Gave up.
Never using that kind of wrapping paper again.. wish I would have read your comment first 🤣

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I can. :rolleyes: She's from that generation where a woman got married in her twenties, if not before. The idea that I don't want to get married throws her. She was married at 19, my aunt was married at 18, and my mom (her daughter in law) was 19. Of course, when I point out that my aunt is now divorced, and she got divorced twice before meeting step grandpa, she somehow ignores that...

Every other adult was awesome though. My mom was the first to be like, "Nope" then my Dad squashed it, and for good measure, my aunt squashed it. Then my grandma brought it up two days later, saying, "I just want to make sure you're taken care of." To which I said, "I am a smart strong independent woman who doesn't need a man to complete her, thanks." Boy I'm the only grandchild who could get away with that.

You'd think Grannie would have noticed the world evolved or that you went off to college with a career in mind or that you are a 'happy' Grandchild.

Gabe1

Gathering tonight Gathering made dinner. Mini two bite pita bread (new at Sam's)
I put out in bowls Pizza sauce, mozzarella, yellow sweet pepper, chopped onion, tomato, onion, minced garlic and Italian seasonings. Never thought to chop up the mushrooms :banghead: We par baked the tiny pita breads with a bit of olive oil and seasonings.

0c9a6c9c-8b12-490f-b750-09161e1e51ae-jpeg.336427

7e580cb5-5dcc-4be8-9d1b-0519b6ff2796-jpeg.336428

ef5229fb-1819-4d8a-8dfc-4e23227da594-jpeg.336429

84c0e65b-4594-45ae-9fb5-44555242359c-jpeg.336430

Gabe1

Could've been worse for having for having for a grandma. What I had for a grandma is a person you don't want as a mother-in-law:jawdrop:. I rather not go into details.

My MIL, the most devote Christian, in church every Sunday and all other Holy Days. I now figure God will deal with her and her hypocrisy one day. Nasty, nasty lady.

MySmallWorldof4

I will have so much to catch up. With family visiting I don’t want to be rude and ignore them. So our oldest dog somehow got an abscess on her back. I only noticed it when petting her last night. It felt like a lump. So I called the vet and we got her in today. She shaved the fur off and it was a bloody mess. She took her in the bag to clean it out. So now the dog has a drain and the vet will recheck her on Saturday. She is on antibiotics now. No idea how it occured. The vet said it could be fron a cyst possibly. We won’t know until it heals. So dh stayed home while the rest of us(in laws as well) went to see Mary Poppins. Dh didn’t want to take a chance leaving the dog with the other pets. And we are also trying to confine her to non carpeted areas. The music and cinematography, and 2d animation were fantastic. Mary Poppins role didn’t seen very large though compared to the man who was sort of the “new” Bert. I was happy to see that Mr. Sherman did consult with the music. The score sounded like something he would have written. They definitely took good care in trying to make it a sequel worth making. Dh didn’t want to see it because he didn’t think the movie should have had a sequel. I am guessing many may have thought that looking at box office revenues. We enjoyed it though. :)

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
You'd think Grannie would have noticed the world evolved or that you went off to college with a career in mind or that you are a 'happy' Grandchild.
Well, that's the other problem. In her family, it's basically me and my dad who have bachelor's degrees. None of my cousins do, nor did their spouses, my aunt does not, her ex didn't, my uncle does not, my estranged aunt does not, and my mother does not. My grandfather was big on education; he had a degree and so my dad followed in his footsteps. But basically, on this side of the family, I'm the only woman with a bachelor's. I never really thought about it; I guess because on the other side of the family, I have older female cousins who have degrees, but on my dad's side...yup, it would just be me.

If I get my master's then I would be the first woman on either side of the family and I would be a real trailblazer in my family.

Figgy1

I will have so much to catch up. With family visiting I don’t want to be rude and ignore them. So our oldest dog somehow got an abscess on her back. I only noticed it when petting her last night. It felt like a lump. So I called the vet and we got her in today. She shaved the fur off and it was a bloody mess. She took her in the bag to clean it out. So now the dog has a drain and the vet will recheck her on Saturday. She is on antibiotics now. No idea how it occured. The vet said it could be fron a cyst possibly. We won’t know until it heals. So dh stayed home while the rest of us(in laws as well) went to see Mary Poppins. Dh didn’t want to take a chance leaving the dog with the other pets. And we are also trying to confine her to non carpeted areas. The music and cinematography, and 2d animation were fantastic. Mary Poppins role didn’t seen very large though compared to the man who was sort of the “new” Bert. I was happy to see that Mr. Sherman did consult with the music. The score sounded like something he would have written. They definitely took good care in trying to make it a sequel worth making. Dh didn’t want to see it because he didn’t think the movie should have had a sequel. I am guessing many may have thought that looking at box office revenues. We enjoyed it though. :)
Good to know it's good. We were thinking of going to see it on Monday since everyone's off.
That's one movie I'll wind up waiting for the DVD to come out dh only has Sunday(fingers crossed) and Tuesday off. Amazon preorder here I come. There's very few movies we get sight unseen but I have a feeling this one will be worth it

Songbird76

That’s wonderful that they were both excited!!! :)

I learned my lesson on glittery paper though.. I didn’t even open the second roll of the gold. Tried to put a ribbon around one.. couldn’t get it to stay.. loaded up tape and it still wouldn’t hold flat. Gave up.
Never using that kind of wrapping paper again.. wish I would have read your comment first 🤣
Sorry you had that experience. It seems to be really "in" right now...the glittery paper. And it LOOKS pretty, but it's almost impossible to work with. I'm pretty sure I still have half a roll in the closet. I should just throw it out....not like I'm going to use it! But it's everywhere in the stores and I have to believe that the only people buying it are the ones who have never tried to use it before. So hopefully next year or so, no one will be buying it anymore and it will disappear from stock and we can go back to having pretty paper that's also usable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom