The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
Blurg! But yeah, I can believe Grannie tried it again. Huzzah!!! for the other ADULTS in the room though.
I can. :rolleyes: She's from that generation where a woman got married in her twenties, if not before. The idea that I don't want to get married throws her. She was married at 19, my aunt was married at 18, and my mom (her daughter in law) was 19. Of course, when I point out that my aunt is now divorced, and she got divorced twice before meeting step grandpa, she somehow ignores that...

Every other adult was awesome though. My mom was the first to be like, "Nope" then my Dad squashed it, and for good measure, my aunt squashed it. Then my grandma brought it up two days later, saying, "I just want to make sure you're taken care of." To which I said, "I am a smart strong independent woman who doesn't need a man to complete her, thanks." Boy I'm the only grandchild who could get away with that.

Figgy1

I can. :rolleyes: She's from that generation where a woman got married in her twenties, if not before. The idea that I don't want to get married throws her. She was married at 19, my aunt was married at 18, and my mom (her daughter in law) was 19. Of course, when I point out that my aunt is now divorced, and she got divorced twice before meeting step grandpa, she somehow ignores that...

Every other adult was awesome though. My mom was the first to be like, "Nope" then my Dad squashed it, and for good measure, my aunt squashed it. Then my grandma brought it up two days later, saying, "I just want to make sure you're taken care of." To which I said, "I am a smart strong independent woman who doesn't need a man to complete her, thanks." Boy I'm the only grandchild who could get away with that.
I don't wish this upon anybody but at some point when you're dating don't be surprised to hear "Don't let him know you make more money than he does" or the other good one "Don't let him know you have anybody working under you" I suggest wine and lots of it;)

Songbird76

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!!

I’ll catch up shortly.. wanted to tell @MySmallWorldof4 and @Songbird76 what I had to do for Santa’s paper..

MySmallWorld was correct! Slim pickins at Hobby Lobby, like really SLIM. So, here’s what I did-
View attachment 336289

View attachment 336287

I feel like the ribbon helped a lot, and T liked it.. so the paper/ribbon combo worked! I waited way too long to buy the tags too.. would never have gone with gingerbread men for Santa.

I was so tired that I didn’t even use all of the ribbons I bought for the other presents, and I repurposed the box from St Nick, and didn’t even wrap it- but did fill it with wrapping paper scraps inside before he got to the shirts.

This was my laziest Christmas of T’s life!! This year was just too hectic and I was too exhausted.
But on Christmas morning my son hugged me and exclaimed- “This is the BEST Christmas EVER!”
❤️
All of that stress I had, and in the end it didn’t matter.

Oh, and for the first time ever.. we wore matching pjs.

View attachment 336288
Well, I love the paper! I'm going to have to look for paper again now that Christmas is over....there might be some sales, or they might go back to regular wrapping paper that will also work for Christmas and I can restock. So nice that T enjoyed what he got and the wrapping. DS wanted to keep a lot of the wrapping paper this year because he thought it was pretty, and he just wants to be able to look at it once in a while. And he was so excited about every gift he got. DD knew what she was getting because she was with me when I got most of it, but she was still really excited to finally GET the things. She isn't as picky about the wrapping though.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Good Morning.... It's going to be tough next week when I have to start getting up at 5am again... sleeping in until 830am has been quite pleasant!

Yah, I can empathize (but not sleeping in later--I always wake up early, no matter what). But still. it was a letdown going to work today after being off for 5 days.

The only good thing was that a bunch of people were still out on vacation so it was really slow in there today, which was fine with me. I could get some things done at a relaxed pace for a change! I expect tomorrow to be more of the same. :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!!

I’ll catch up shortly.. wanted to tell @MySmallWorldof4 and @Songbird76 what I had to do for Santa’s paper..

MySmallWorld was correct! Slim pickins at Hobby Lobby, like really SLIM. So, here’s what I did-
View attachment 336289

View attachment 336287

I feel like the ribbon helped a lot, and T liked it.. so the paper/ribbon combo worked! I waited way too long to buy the tags too.. would never have gone with gingerbread men for Santa.

I was so tired that I didn’t even use all of the ribbons I bought for the other presents, and I repurposed the box from St Nick, and didn’t even wrap it- but did fill it with wrapping paper scraps inside before he got to the shirts.

This was my laziest Christmas of T’s life!! This year was just too hectic and I was too exhausted.
But on Christmas morning my son hugged me and exclaimed- “This is the BEST Christmas EVER!”
❤️
All of that stress I had, and in the end it didn’t matter.

Oh, and for the first time ever.. we wore matching pjs.

View attachment 336288

Happy to hear that Christmas was a good time for both of you! See, it doesn't matter if you get everything done and it's all perfect. Sometimes, less is more. T's comments summed up the festivities -- best Christmas ever! :happy:

P.S.: I really like the wrapping paper design you chose for the gifts. Love the matching pj's and Santa hats! Very cute photo! :joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom