The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
We have made it to the Chicago area and I survived the first few hours with the sisters. Now we are back at the hotel. I’m feeling better than I thought, back still hurts but there are some other strange aches, probably from the fall. The car ride down wasn’t too bad the seat in the car is actually very supportive. It was actually getting in and out of brads low car that was a pain.

Tomorrow is the big family Christmas and the. Friday is the day we go downtown. I think we will leave for home from Downtown on Friday. I plan to have some bags of popcorn with me.

I'm glad you have survived so far, back pain is awful, I have had trucks for decades so that helped. Are you around me? If you have time for breakfast or lunch let me know.

Gabe1

My mom is that way. She has no desire to own a dog, but every dog who she meets comes up to her right away.

I used to be afraid of dogs and I'm still uneasy around strange large dogs. I think they sense that. Small dogs are okay. But with me, it's cats.

Oddly Large dogs though more intimidating to non-pup people bite less frequently. Small dogs were bred to guard castles etc in large packs. Large dogs not so much though in more recent times guard dogs are larger. If you take note what Pups are used as guide dogs, police dogs, security pups etc they are rare to never the little Pups. While loyal to their beloved owners a large pup is more trainable and less moody or fickle and stay on task better.

Gabe1

Planned to get farther tonight...at least through Christmas Eve and Christmas Day but it looks like that thought is rapidly failing....So a few gifts that maybe be relevant I need to find more but here we go.....

A cuddly blanket
55975EEF-89B3-4D47-83D7-154BAD0BF0FC.jpeg
From my sweet daughter...
4A856649-1A74-4B13-8ADA-139ECE612FF8.jpeg
Appears DD and son were on same page...
A301E5D4-15FB-4E8A-AE0E-8439B9D96C9C.jpeg
my Stitch...and love of Coffee
8DDADE15-C39F-4F38-9FF6-9918E1F080B3.jpeg
my DD knowledge of how I spot my popular truck and its color in a parking lot

81F05CD9-735E-44CA-B962-689405E58CC1.jpegDDEF1C20-A29F-4BBF-B627-DD080691A7C0.jpeg
An Orange Bird Cozy, I was privileged to go to the MK when she opened and Orange Bird was there with me way back when. A different era of WDW that I am happy I was a part of.
B1CEF77C-5354-4C07-ADFB-634C924CBC90.jpeg

My son and I had a running joke for years about this sweatshirt he owns. I love it. Those who know me know I bleed Cubbie Blue, my entire life. My Mom would take me and my Sis to games on Tuesdays when we were very young, it was ladies day. We got in Free, grandstands not cheap seats. We'd eat all sorts of garbage food and have a blast just us Gals. I learned to keep score. The Cubs winning a World Series in my Lifetime a life dream given the Goat. I loved my sons sweatshirt. Soft and cuddly. Always a joking threat I'd keep it after I washed it. This year guess what he found for me, the same exact sweatshirt. Priceless.
10202730-C86F-454B-A98A-6193B7FA3CD9.jpeg
Minnie was added to Dumbo
D3EA7B66-8AF0-45F6-B06D-942D905B17A0.jpeg

Last edited:

Gabe1

And this my sons girlfriend sent to me

Found under my DD lovely fun tree. She knows my unfaltering love of Disney. I have always felt the Magic never lost the Magic. My first trip to Disney was Disneyland as WDW didn’t exist. I was not quite 2 years old. Born and Bred Disney.

84F596F8-9F6F-4F48-A8C3-A50E3E9B2E78.jpegAE9CB281-8066-4652-A89B-181671367156.jpeg

Last edited:

Figgy1

It wasn't until much later in my younger adult life that I realized some submerge people. At a 'group' baptism I attended 10-15 years ago a 13 year old girl was so afraid of being pushed under...when she was she came up choking, she inhaled while under. My kids had just maybe 4 ounces of water lightly poured over the crown of their head. I was in Mississippi (more weekends than I care to admit in my early 20's) and I remember seeing a group baptism in a river or creek. Little by little I came to realize the great variations of the same basic thing. Live and learn.

I was not near the germophobe that I proudly am now :oops: but the me I am now would have likely wanted to bring my own water to be blessed into Holy Water. :facepalm:
I'm less of a germaphobe after having the 2nd boy, heck I'm not as worried about things being neat either, I believe it has something to do with what little mental health I have anyhoo group dunking maybe if it was at one of Disney's highly chlorinated pools and as for river dunking in a stream:hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover: I need a shower just thinking about it. THNX for that image(still shaking)

MySmallWorldof4

going back home soon.. meet grandmah, had nice family lunch.

Didnt go as planned thats for sure as both me and my mom got food poisoning when we visited a local outback for dinner after meeting a long time friend of my mom.

we expent christmas eve in bed sleeping and watching christmas movies in the hotel lol
Oh no! I hope you are starting to feel better. I know food poisoning can take quite a few days to recover from.

Goofyernmost

It wasn't until much later in my younger adult life that I realized some submerge people. At a 'group' baptism I attended 10-15 years ago a 13 year old girl was so afraid of being pushed under...when she was she came up choking, she inhaled while under. My kids had just maybe 4 ounces of water lightly poured over the crown of their head. I was in Mississippi (more weekends than I care to admit in my early 20's) and I remember seeing a group baptism in a river or creek. Little by little I came to realize the great variations of the same basic thing. Live and learn.

I was not near the germophobe that I proudly am now :oops: but the me I am now would have likely wanted to bring my own water to be blessed into Holy Water. :facepalm:
I had never seen it done in a Catholic Church and I was a Godfather twice over 70 years. This was a first for me. The church in question is run by the Franciscan Order... maybe they do things differently. I still feel the symbolic instead of immersion is a smarter move. And way less expensive. They had to buy two sets of robes for the ceremony. One Scarlet for before and during the baptism and a white one for after. (Talk about symbolism). They had their regular street clothes plus a bathing suit, plus the two robes. Good theater I guess, but, the old way, in this case, was much more sanitary if not less amusing to watch. They had this mass baptism on Easter Sunday eve.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

My mom is that way. She has no desire to own a dog, but every dog who she meets comes up to her right away.

I used to be afraid of dogs and I'm still uneasy around strange large dogs. I think they sense that. Small dogs are okay. But with me, it's cats.
My Daughter owns a Pit Bull and everyone is afraid of her. She is solid, muscular and strong, but, she is as gentle as a kitten. She is a good safety net for my daughter when she goes out for a run. We don't know how she would react if someone tried to harm my daughter mostly because no one is foolish enough to try. :jawdrop: However, we all feel that she would just lick the perpetrator to death. :joyfull:

SteveBrickNJ

Hope you have a glorious time.

The last 5 years,have graduated from college we changed up our family time for both Christmas and the New Year, with respect to their adulthood and their need to be young adults and have fun! The Zoo's of Chicago have been part of our New Year! The Christmas Lights last Glow. We have changed up which one and where dinner will also be and the hotel. Sadly the both Zoo's were skipped last year, it was beyond freezing cold to say the least last year. Go outside and your face freeze cold. While we did do our traditional downtown Chicago dinner the elements about froze us last NYE just to go 2 blocks for dinner. Crazy Cold on the Shores of Lake Michigan. We have those plans again this year...a do over but we have also missed the second Zoo. So we are waiting it all out to see which we will do for NYE, which also decides where we will stay for the night. The Zoos are not close, weather keeps us in limbo and last year...well bad choice given the Lake Front. Hopefully we will not be
zoo-less lights this year. Brrrr....FLORIDA!!!!

(sorry for the weird order of this post but the site has gone bonkers during this)
@Gabe1 I enjoyed your posts I read last night....and I appreciate reading this one that I'm catching up on this morning.

Thanks for wishing us a good day today(in Longwood Gardens) I'll probably be able to posts some photos tonight.

21stamps

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!!

I’ll catch up shortly.. wanted to tell @MySmallWorldof4 and @Songbird76 what I had to do for Santa’s paper..

MySmallWorld was correct! Slim pickins at Hobby Lobby, like really SLIM. So, here’s what I did-
9A8AC3CB-9A4A-4B27-919F-825416B6F3CF.jpeg

85018F8F-6A46-48DA-A48A-1BC52242EC88.jpeg

I feel like the ribbon helped a lot, and T liked it.. so the paper/ribbon combo worked! I waited way too long to buy the tags too.. would never have gone with gingerbread men for Santa.

I was so tired that I didn’t even use all of the ribbons I bought for the other presents, and I repurposed the box from St Nick, and didn’t even wrap it- but did fill it with wrapping paper scraps inside before he got to the shirts.

This was my laziest Christmas of T’s life!! This year was just too hectic and I was too exhausted.
But on Christmas morning my son hugged me and exclaimed- “This is the BEST Christmas EVER!”
❤️
All of that stress I had, and in the end it didn’t matter.

Oh, and for the first time ever.. we wore matching pjs.

7B9A9E17-5FDF-4F6D-88ED-BCCB9E8F23B8.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom