The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I'm enjoying another day off from work. (I go back tomorrow and Friday--but I can handle 2 days, I guess.) ;)

Washed and put away the china dishes from yesterday. Went out to Target this morning, just to look around at stuff. Bought a bag of taco chips and left. Been hanging out in front of the TV the rest of today, and drinking coffee, and eating cake (leftover from yesterday). Cake is particularly good for breakfast, by the way.

I like days like this (except for washing dishes). :p

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Her owned says that whenever she takes Elsie out, she always stops at my door and looks up like she is waiting for me to open the door.

Awwww . . . :inlove:

"Wow, so now you would rather go to him then to the person that feeds you and takes you out". If I had that same affect on women I could become the gigolo that I always dreamed of being.

Keep dreaming! :joyfull:

MySmallWorldof4

We did an escape room today with the family today. It was an escape from the 80’s room. Can I just say that I wish it was a portal back to the 80’s. It was so much fun seeing all that stuff. There was a wall that had an outline of a tetris board. Then there were life size tetris pieces that you had to match up against the wall. My favorite part was where there were buttons on articles of clothing. The buttons all were letters and you had to uncramble them. The words were numbers and when put in the right order were a combination to a lock. That lock opened a box of big puzzle pieces. When you put it all together it was a collage of tv shows from the 80’s. There was a covering on the pictures that when you looked carefully had an outline of 6 letters. The letters were NKOTB. One of dh’s favorote bands as a teen. He got so excited. :hilarious: The letters opened up another lock which led us to the key. We finished with just under 7 minutes left. I couldn’t take any pictures sadly. Against the rules.

Cesar R M

Just returned from the INTO THE SPIDERVERSE..

Damn....

10/10
Probably the best movie of the year for me.

My Ranking so far:

1. In to the spiderverse
  2. Black Panther
  3. Deadpool 2
  4. BumbleBee
  5. Ant-man and the Wasp
  6. A Quiet place
  7. Ralph Breaks the Internet
  8. The Death of Stalin
  9. The incredibles II
  10. Annihilation
  11. Isle of Dogs
  12. Ghost stories
  13. Paddington 2
  14. Fantastic Beasts
  15. The Endless
  16. Infinity Wars

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We did an escape room today with the family today. It was an escape from the 80’s room. Can I just say that I wish it was a portal back to the 80’s. It was so much fun seeing all that stuff. There was a wall that had an outline of a tetris board. Then there were life size tetris pieces that you had to match up against the wall. My favorite part was where there were buttons on articles of clothing. The buttons all were letters and you had to uncramble them. The words were numbers and when put in the right order were a combination to a lock. That lock opened a box of big puzzle pieces. When you put it all together it was a collage of tv shows from the 80’s. There was a covering on the pictures that when you looked carefully had an outline of 6 letters. The letters were NKOTB. One of dh’s favorote bands as a teen. He got so excited. :hilarious: The letters opened up another lock which led us to the key. We finished with just under 7 minutes left. I couldn’t take any pictures sadly. Against the rules.

Sounds like a fun time.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I'm having a few crackers with peanut butter for breakfast. :)

You make me smile :) Brunch was had by us...out (The theme of Christmas Day) after we played with Christmas Presents, eating out was the theme of Christmas Day.

Sympathy like. Put your dh and Jack in the car and get to my house ASAP! No wonder that poor dog acts up, lack of food:cautious:

Poor Jack. Need to send him a care package. *note* Mejier sells dry ice, we wouldn't want Jack's tummy upset.

811oxyNzl8L._SL1500_.jpg

wow... I've never seen a Holy Water thing that big! Yay on more upcoming Disney Trips! Merry Christmas!

I actually had to follow the path back to see what was up with the Holy Water. My Parish church, more like a chapel size was recently bulldozed and a new parish was built adjacent to it, millions and millions of dollars later. :rolleyes: These combo holy water/baptismal fonts are a newer thing now. In the new church there are not any Holy Water dip bowls at the exits, they are doing away with stagnant water that was leading to slim and worse forming in the Holy Water Vessels and some not cleaned properly on any schedule.

The same was happening with the older version of Baptismal Font's and families having concern with the 'age' and cleanliness of the font water being poured on newborn babies heads. Most of the new fonts now have a fountain like movement to the Blessed, Holy Water that is also chlorinated given the hundreds of people dipping their hands into it and it being used for young babies. (I'm still waiting for the day when one of our parish young ones to take a little swim in ours, if it hasn't happened already.) Some designs that my Parish looked at actually ran continuously moving Holy Water into a lower, secondary fountain below and then back up again. Some priests decided fish should be added to the lower area of the tiered fountains as "Fish" being the Greek translation of Jesus' name way back in the day, Iesous Christos Theou Uios Soter" The Council of Bishops put the ca-bosh quickly on the real fish in the Holy Water fonts. :facepalm: Ours has tiled fish mosaic flooring around the base on the Holy Water font instead.

And this ends the monthly installment of Gabe being A Catholic School Girl. :joyfull: For the record my kids were both baptized with likely 'aged' Holy Water. :cyclops:

Goofyernmost

You make me smile :) Brunch was had by us...out (The theme of Christmas Day) after we played with Christmas Presents, eating out was the theme of Christmas Day.

Poor Jack. Need to send him a care package. *note* Mejier sells dry ice, we wouldn't want Jack's tummy upset.

811oxyNzl8L._SL1500_.jpg

I actually had to follow the path back to see what was up with the Holy Water. My Parish church, more like a chapel size was recently bulldozed and a new parish was built adjacent to it, millions and millions of dollars later. :rolleyes: These combo holy water/baptismal fonts are a newer thing now. In the new church there are not any Holy Water dip bowls at the exits, they are doing away with stagnant water that was leading to slim and worse forming in the Holy Water Vessels and some not cleaned properly on any schedule.

The same was happening with the older version of Baptismal Font's and families having concern with the 'age' and cleanliness of the font water being poured on newborn babies heads. Most of the new fonts now have a fountain like movement to the Blessed, Holy Water that is also chlorinated given the hundreds of people dipping their hands into it and it being used for young babies. (I'm still waiting for the day when one of our parish young ones to take a little swim in ours, if it hasn't happened already.) Some designs that my Parish looked at actually ran continuously moving Holy Water into a lower, secondary fountain below and then back up again. Some priests decided fish should be added to the lower area of the tiered fountains as "Fish" being the Greek translation of Jesus' name way back in the day, Iesous Christos Theou Uios Soter" The Council of Bishops put the ca-bosh quickly on the real fish in the Holy Water fonts. :facepalm: Ours has tiled fish mosaic flooring around the base on the Holy Water font instead.

And this ends the monthly installment of Gabe being A Catholic School Girl. :joyfull: For the record my kids were both baptized with likely 'aged' Holy Water. :cyclops:
In the church that my grandchildren and my son-in-law were baptized in all but the little one was submerged in the baptismal font which was about 6 foot long and 3 foot wide and another 3 feet deep. They were the last of 20 people, mostly adults and Teens, that were baptized on that day in the baptism font one at a time, one after another. I am not a germophobe by any stretch of the imagination, but, that even made me cringe. All ended up OK though, so there most have been some magic in that old pool of water.

Last edited:

Gabe1

In the church that my grandchildren and my son-in-law was baptized in all but the little one was submerged in the baptismal font which was about 6 foot long and 3 foot wide and another 3 feet deep. They were the last of 20 people, mostly adults and Teens, that were baptized on that day in the baptism font one at a time, one after another. I am not a germophobe by any stretch of the imagination, but, that even made me cringe. All ended up OK though, so there most have been some magic in that old pool of water.

It wasn't until much later in my younger adult life that I realized some submerge people. At a 'group' baptism I attended 10-15 years ago a 13 year old girl was so afraid of being pushed under...when she was she came up choking, she inhaled while under. My kids had just maybe 4 ounces of water lightly poured over the crown of their head. I was in Mississippi (more weekends than I care to admit in my early 20's) and I remember seeing a group baptism in a river or creek. Little by little I came to realize the great variations of the same basic thing. Live and learn.

I was not near the germophobe that I proudly am now :oops: but the me I am now would have likely wanted to bring my own water to be blessed into Holy Water. :facepalm:

Gabe1

going back home soon.. meet grandmah, had nice family lunch.

Didnt go as planned thats for sure as both me and my mom got food poisoning when we visited a local outback for dinner after meeting a long time friend of my mom.

we expent christmas eve in bed sleeping and watching christmas movies in the hotel lol

I've missed much of the last week or so and will never catch up, not enough hours in the day to try...but I caught a few post to know you have had a rough month. I'm sorry for you and your family and the illness you caught during the holiday season. Blurg. :(

Be well my friend and may the New Year bring you a better year, a calmer family life and maybe even a new job! :geek:

Merry Christmas everyone! My wife and daughter are still in bed at 11:30 am! So while waiting for them I turned on the tv and I see that NY's Channel 11 still shows some Yule logs with music. That brings back childhood memories! Did anyone ever experience the same thing when you were little?View attachment 335964

I am old enough to remember the Log as a child, the re-do of it coming back and now it played all Christmas Eve here via Apple TV. A beloved tradition.

Your sleeping family made me laugh of my own memories. Having to set a 'time' for my son to be allowed out of bed as he was up at 5am and we went to sleep after 3am :cautious:
830 am was set in stone. Years went on and it was nearing noon and DS still sleeping.
How things evolve. :joyfull:

Overall Christmas was a pretty good day. Hubs and I exchanged some good presents. I always enjoy seeing him open what I buy him. We had a pleasant day at my sisters house as well. Our Italian feast was delicious.

Right away this morning my back was feeling really good, just a little achy. Then after hubs and I exchanged gifts I was carrying a box down the stairs today while thinking about how good my back was feeling today, then I missed the last step. Fell down, wrenched my back again, banged my knee, scraped my arms, and got my food stuck under the door. But nothing was broken, so I guess that’s good news.

Oh Dear. :( What is it with you two and stairs during the holidays? :oops: Hope the back is healing up AGAIN, jeepers! :cyclops: I have to try to read on to see if you guys plunged on down this way for part of the Holidays. Can't imagine sitting in a car for all those hours would be anything short of torture.

I am apparently someone that attracts dog. I like cats and dogs, but, I do not want to be responsible for one at this point in my life. However, they all seem to come to me (dogs). I have a neighbor that has this cute little tiny lap dog. If she sees me she jumps up and down and pulls away from her owner to be petted by me. One day, I was standing next to our handyman here in the complex and as she went by she ran up to me with front paws on my leg and head extended upward for me to rub. The handyman, who has also had a lot of exposure to the dog reached out to pet her and she dropped down and went the other way, until he went back up and then she returned to me. Her owned says that whenever she takes Elsie out, she always stops at my door and looks up like she is waiting for me to open the door.

A few days ago I pulled in and was walking toward my apartment and the lady that owns her was walking along side me. When she opened the door, little Elsie ran right past her and directly over to me. Her owner said, "Wow, so now you would rather go to him then to the person that feeds you and takes you out". If I had that same affect on women I could become the gigolo that I always dreamed of being.

Awe, Pups are great judges of character. We all knew you were a moosh pot. :inlove:

Gabe1

I'm going NKOTB in June. Along with Tiffany, Salt & Pepper, Debbie Gibson, and Naughty by Nature. My first concert was NKOTB with Tiffany opening... with my BFF. Wanted to recreate our teenage years, so she and I are going together.

Wanted to recreate our teenage years: For me it would have to be my Beach Boys/CHICAGO double bill. Most awesome concert.

Nah, then she'd insist on meeting him. Or Facebook stalking. Best to just keep telling her no...

Funny thing was my mom, my dad, and my aunt were all like, "Nope" to this guy who she was talking about. :hilarious:

Blurg! But yeah, I can believe Grannie tried it again. Huzzah!!! for the other ADULTS in the room though.

I'm sure Jack would be happy to eat at the table.:)

Jack likely doesn't even need his own chair. :geek:

So I did end up going to church today because it was Christmas hymn be request. The service was my idea quite a few years ago so hubs always lets me have first pick. I was really pleased with the hymn everyone selected today, sometimes people picks songs I don't care for but today I liked all but one. Which one did I not like...."What Child is This?".:)

My back overall is a little better, it kind of comes and goes but compared to yesterday it is much better. Must be all your well wishes! ;)

About 7 years ago I threw my back out. Took me 1.5 years before I could lay flat or sit on cushy furniture. I threw it out standing up from sitting on the couch, literally. So I am happy your back is showing signs of healing quickly.

And what a great hubby letting you pick first. And I don't like that hymn. Kinda creepity.

I don't care for that one either!

Well we are on the same page again! One of my least favorites personally is
The Little Drummer boy. Bluck!

Painful.

Hope everyone had a great Festivus today. We performed the traditional airing of grievances. :joyfull:

Giggle! Well put! :joyfull:

Might have a cup of Kona to start the day with homecooked Croissant.

Awe. I would have loved to have been invited over for that. My Starbuck closed at 3pm on Christmas Eve and didn't reopen until this Morning. Woot! for them, withdrawals for many. :in pain:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I've missed much of the last week or so and will never catch up, not enough hours in the day to try...but I caught a few post to know you have had a rough month. I'm sorry for you and your family and the illness you caught during the holiday season. Blurg. :(

Be well my friend and may the New Year bring you a better year, a calmer family life and maybe even a new job! :geek:

I am old enough to remember the Log as a child, the re-do of it coming back and now it played all Christmas Eve here via Apple TV. A beloved tradition.

Your sleeping family made me laugh of my own memories. Having to set a 'time' for my son to be allowed out of bed as he was up at 5am and we went to sleep after 3am :cautious:
830 am was set in stone. Years went on and it was nearing noon and DS still sleeping.
How things evolve. :joyfull:

Oh Dear. :( What is it with you two and stairs during the holidays? :oops: Hope the back is healing up AGAIN, jeepers! :cyclops: I have to try to read on to see if you guys plunged on down this way for part of the Holidays. Can't imagine sitting in a car for all those hours would be anything short of torture.

Awe, Pups are great judges of character. We all knew you were a moosh pot. :inlove:

We have made it to the Chicago area and I survived the first few hours with the sisters. Now we are back at the hotel. I’m feeling better than I thought, back still hurts but there are some other strange aches, probably from the fall. The car ride down wasn’t too bad the seat in the car is actually very supportive. It was actually getting in and out of brads low car that was a pain.

Tomorrow is the big family Christmas and the. Friday is the day we go downtown. I think we will leave for home from Downtown on Friday. I plan to have some bags of popcorn with me.

Gabe1

Thank you. We have small plans. Thursday Dec. 27th we have a "timed ticket" to enter Longwood Gardens at 2:30pm. They close at 10pm. Lot's of beautiful Christmas-ee lights and music and stuff.

Hope you have a glorious time.

The last 5 years,have graduated from college we changed up our family time for both Christmas and the New Year, with respect to their adulthood and their need to be young adults and have fun! The Zoo's of Chicago have been part of our New Year! The Christmas Lights last Glow. We have changed up which one and where dinner will also be and the hotel. Sadly the both Zoo's were skipped last year, it was beyond freezing cold to say the least last year. Go outside and your face freeze cold. While we did do our traditional downtown Chicago dinner the elements about froze us last NYE just to go 2 blocks for dinner. Crazy Cold on the Shores of Lake Michigan. We have those plans again this year...a do over but we have also missed the second Zoo. So we are waiting it all out to see which we will do for NYE, which also decides where we will stay for the night. The Zoos are not close, weather keeps us in limbo and last year...well bad choice given the Lake Front. Hopefully we will not be
zoo-less lights this year. Brrrr....FLORIDA!!!!

(sorry for the weird order of this post but the site has gone bonkers during this)

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
I am apparently someone that attracts dog. I like cats and dogs, but, I do not want to be responsible for one at this point in my life. However, they all seem to come to me (dogs). I have a neighbor that has this cute little tiny lap dog. If she sees me she jumps up and down and pulls away from her owner to be petted by me. One day, I was standing next to our handyman here in the complex and as she went by she ran up to me with front paws on my leg and head extended upward for me to rub. The handyman, who has also had a lot of exposure to the dog reached out to pet her and she dropped down and went the other way, until he went back up and then she returned to me. Her owned says that whenever she takes Elsie out, she always stops at my door and looks up like she is waiting for me to open the door.

A few days ago I pulled in and was walking toward my apartment and the lady that owns her was walking along side me. When she opened the door, little Elsie ran right past her and directly over to me. Her owner said, "Wow, so now you would rather go to him then to the person that feeds you and takes you out". If I had that same affect on women I could become the gigolo that I always dreamed of being.
My mom is that way. She has no desire to own a dog, but every dog who she meets comes up to her right away.

I used to be afraid of dogs and I'm still uneasy around strange large dogs. I think they sense that. Small dogs are okay. But with me, it's cats.

Gabe1

Maybe this is the time to insert Christmas Evening Dinner? Interestingly I've yet to make any 'friends' with Shrimp in My World, have gone out of My Way not to make friends with any MooMoo's...so Dinner, delightful way to spend Christmas Night.

1EC7C6BB-F113-4603-B4ED-8EC9145DE539.jpeg1225F7D8-0AA2-4BBC-86FC-CE951992EE24.jpegA85B2003-C73D-4487-8258-45AD3EE616EA.jpeg11E5533B-4BDF-4794-8557-0FA1518CEA82.jpeg21801E40-7A85-45E8-8E3E-7614364E926C.jpeg853D2EA4-D34E-4678-9E05-2C097BA17F02.jpeg

Christmas Eve was interesting. My Mom was in interesting form for her age....
Still the Mom shared all of her interesting vocabulary and views of life for before we arrived but my Sis did share with me. They were heading to Chile on Christmas Day and arrived the Eve of Christmas Eve. Little by little we have halted my Mom from 'cooking' for Christmas Eve. She always in life lacked those skills and they only failed more over the decades. This year we worked her into the idea of Catering in. So Christmas Eve was totally catered, they marched in set it up, marched out. Delightful. Phew.

So going out to dinner with my immediate family for wonderful food and a FUN atmosphere was received well by all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom