The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

My today was going to be just a quick run to get the friends that get turned into food:hilarious: As usual James had other ideas now he needs jeans AGAIN:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
:eek:Gasp!!!! You have friends that get turned into food???? That doesn't sound like fun!
Thanks. Although there is a big storm coming. It looks okay for travel down but maybe a delay for the way back.

I’m not sure it is better today. I tried sleeping in the bed but ended up in the recliner to sleep. I guess I’ll see how it feels when I get fully going for the day. Right now I’m trying to enjoy my tree.

Plus I did think of how uncomfortable it might be to spend time in the car and if I still can’t sleep in a reall bed that would be awful for me too. Thanks for the recommendation Dr. Figgy.
View attachment 335498
This may just be a message that traveling might not be a good thing for your health. A possible escape.
That sounds like they should have just tore down the original and built a bew house. Would have been quicker then retrofitting.
I might not have helped the morale problem much by mentioning that very thing a few times. I don't think there will be anymore remodels on the horizon.

Rista1313

Happy Sunday! Happy Vacation! Went Grocery shopping Friday night to avoid the crowds yesterday and today. Went to my cousins annual party yesterday and had a great time. They themed it nostalgia this year, and everyone brought pictures from Christmas past and brought there favorite food my step grandma use to make. I channeled my real grandma though… and made Sausage balls.. however I did a pinterest twist (using red lobster biscuit mix instead of bisquick) and they turned into sausage cookies… They tasted amazing though…so who cares the shape, right? LOL

This morning I’ve worked on getting some old junk out of my room….. starting laundry… dunno what we are going to do today … maybe go see Mary Poppins Returns?

SteveBrickNJ

Thank you. We have small plans. Thursday Dec. 27th we have a "timed ticket" to enter Longwood Gardens at 2:30pm. they close at 10pm. Lot's of beautiful Christmas-ee lights and music and stuff.
I found a video on Longwood Gardens at Christmas time. That night we will stay at a Hampton Inn in Lancaster PA and then the next day we'll enjoy a nice lunch at Miller's Smorgasbord. That's it for plans. How about all of you guys? Anyone doing a multiple day getaway?

Figgy1

Mostly because this was a pretty huge redo of this house. When demo was done all that was left was the kitchen, one bathroom and four external walls. Just a shell. It required a new HVAC system, the formally unusable space between the ceiling and the roof was transformed into an office, one bedroom, bath and large day room, downstairs the former living room and master bedroom had cathedral ceilings that had to be made into regular ceilings and they completely redid the master bath and moved the laundry area. They even had to move the circuit breakers to a different location and new fire codes meant sheet rock in the attached garage. The support system had to be reinforced by adding a gigantic center beam to support the weight of the additional stuff on the second floor connecting up to the roof and a stair case was needed for access to the second floor which also involved changing the dimensions of the two downstairs bedrooms. So, it's to late now to make this long story short, but, they basically had to completely rebuild, re-insulate, rewire, have massive new plumbing, including in-slab waste piping.

All that stuff had to pass individual inspection followed up by a last, probably the worst, inspection to see if all the problems were caught and corrected by the previous inspections. My guess is that any future changes will be buying a new house and burning that one to the ground. They originally were supposed to be done and moved in by late August. The new target was before Christmas, that will be missed by about two or three weeks, but, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. It has been difficult keeping morale up especially with their 16 year old daughter. She has been a very unhappy, forced into, camper. Can't say I blame her considering my absolute hatred of camping.
Yikes I agree with the above it may have been easier and cheap to start from scratch. {{HUGS}} all around

Goofyernmost

Yikes I agree with the above it may have been easier and cheap to start from scratch. {{HUGS}} all around
Well, on the plus side, it was just a little beyond demo before they discovered the rip off and fired the contractor. At that point they had paid in $16000 for work that wasn't done yet. That seems bad, but, since they took over the job of contractor and got their own bids for subs. and also have been doing a lot of DIY on the project they have managed to save almost all, if not more, of the loss back, but, that just means that when all is done the amount of added mortgage will be smaller to that degree. So although a major hassle, it will become about the same expense that was originally planned, maybe less.

MySmallWorldof4

:eek:Gasp!!!! You have friends that get turned into food???? That doesn't sound like fun!

This may just be a message that traveling might not be a good thing for your health. A possible escape.

I might not have helped the morale problem much by mentioning that very thing a few times. I don't think there will be anymore remodels on the horizon.
I should have edited my post. I meant “new”, not “bew”, unless bew is some sort of new building material. :hilarious:

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
So I just went into my bedroom that I share with my brother and locked the door because all of the sudden my grandmother says "Well I know this very nice young man...":banghead:

EDIT: My grandmother pulled his picture up on Facebook and I can hear my mother saying, "Nope. Absolutely not.":joyfull:
May i suggest these
images(24).jpg
And this
images(25).jpg

I know wine is probably more your thing but this label was funnier.

MySmallWorldof4

I found a video on Longwood Gardens at Christmas time. That night we will stay at a Hampton Inn in Lancaster PA and then the next day we'll enjoy a nice lunch at Miller's Smorgasbord. That's it for plans. How about all of you guys? Anyone doing a multiple day getaway?

Sounds lovely. We used to get to Longwood Gardens a couple of times a year when we lived closer. Now a 3 hour drive is too much, plus with the dogs that would mean finding someone to care for them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom