The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

I fell asleep early last night watching the Harry Potter marathon on USA network. So up too early on a Sunday. I did make coconut almond vanilla and chocolate cookies yesterday, as well as a spiced applesauce cake. I may have overindulged since I don’t eat sweets often. Got a bit of a tummy ache which contributed to me falling asleep early. Now I am starving! How does that even happen?
I'm afraid to even put refined sugar in my body

Figgy1

Not to worry--Jack is a goat --he'll eat anything, including my cooking! :p P.S.: I got his bag of Greenies today at Petsmart, and put them in his Christmas stocking. He loves those. When you give him one, he grabs it in his teeth and then runs away with it!
Maybe he wouldn't be so greedy if you fed him properly.;) Think steak;) TEAM JACK

Songbird76

My pictures from today, for anyone who is interested.

Howdy all! We went to a Christmas display today and then to see Mary Poppins Returns. The Christmas display is in a garden center store and they go all out every year and people come from all over, including Germany to see it. This was the last week that it's up and we hadn't had a chance to go before, so we went today. I'll post pictures of some of the highlights. It took us 2 hours to walk through.

The entrance:

View attachment 335564
View attachment 335566
View attachment 335567

The first section is like the miniature villiage in Epcot WS by Germany. Only it's several of those displays. I was a little disappointed this year that I didn't see a single train running. Last year they had a ton.

View attachment 335561

View attachment 335562
View attachment 335563
View attachment 335568View attachment 335569View attachment 335570
The next is a bridge display. I tried to wait for the little kids to leave so they wouldn't be in the pictures I posted, but I stood there for several minutes and they showed no signs of moving on, so I went ahead and took the picture.

View attachment 335572
View attachment 335574

The next section is all just the invidual decorations you can buy. I came home with this guy, but with a red scarf and holding a red candy cane instead of a broom: (DH disagrees with me about it being adorable.)
View attachment 335575

View attachment 335576
View attachment 335577

There were some kind of creepy whimsical displays with these mannequins that were bald and naked except for leaves, and they were in cages. The Unicorn one was pretty cool, but the others just looked weird...not sure what they were trying to achieve.

View attachment 335579View attachment 335580

Then there's an escalator ramp and they have very fantasy-like music, and I took video but I don't have a way to post it, so I also took stills. This is my favorite part every year because they really go all out with the display in the ramp area.

View attachment 335582View attachment 335583
The upstairs part is mostly themed trees and all the things you can buy to decorate a tree. So they have a tree that's nothing but owls, or a tree with nothing but sweets (cupcakes, gumdrops, donuts), a tree with butterflies, etc. and then also a few displays with santa or whatever.

View attachment 335599View attachment 335601
View attachment 335602View attachment 335605View attachment 335606View attachment 335608View attachment 335610View attachment 335611View attachment 335613View attachment 335614
View attachment 335617View attachment 335618View attachment 335620

Ornaments of cats and dogs with reindeer antlers:
View attachment 335622

And some random ornaments that I just thought were weird...like...bacon, dinosaurs, pasta, etc...

View attachment 335624View attachment 335627View attachment 335629
View attachment 335633

They also have normal ornaments...ball ornaments, or crystal looking ones that are actually plastic so they won't break....snowflakes, rocking horses, ballerinas, dragonflies, swans...

View attachment 335630View attachment 335631

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
There should be a date on the pill container. Some pills are fine for quite a while after expiration, but it's on a case by case basis. Other pills turn toxic. If you have the name of the medicine, just look it up on a medical web site (there's plenty of them), and see what the safety window is on them. And if you have even the slightest doubt whatsoever, discard them.

Good advice. I did end up taking one of the relaxers, which was my old prescription. It wasn't expired yet. It might have worked because I did/do feel better.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
So I did end up going to church today because it was Christmas hymn be request. The service was my idea quite a few years ago so hubs always lets me have first pick. I was really pleased with the hymn everyone selected today, sometimes people picks songs I don't care for but today I liked all but one. Which one did I not like...."What Child is This?".:)

My back overall is a little better, it kind of comes and goes but compared to yesterday it is much better. Must be all your well wishes! ;)

Goofyernmost

Probably it would have, but from what he shared, I don't think they knew what was coming. In hindsight, I guess we could all make different choices, but most of us don't have that luxury. Let's all keep our fingers crossed for them, that something good comes out of all this in the new year.
I was over there this afternoon to evening and they are definitely on the road to the end. But there are still a few hurdles to get over, but, soon they will be looking backwards at it.

I just stopped in to see how things were going, but, the invited me to stay for dinner. I was the first guest they have had in the reprogrammed house and even though there is still no furniture or paint on the wall, they had folding chairs, and a folding table. They had prime rib, which is what my SIL is traditionally has on Christmas, but, since they are not in any position to have Christmas Dinner at home with the rest of us, they had it tonight. It was just lucky that I decided to stop by so I got to share. Both my daughter and my SIL seemed very happy that I could share that with them because they have felt pretty isolated as of late and this brought just a little normality to the occasion. They did manage to get a Christmas Tree alone in the middle of the otherwise empty living room. It was actually one of the best times and conversations that I have had with her and him and my grandkids in a very long time. Brought my spirits up a number of notches.

Tomorrow evening, we have our traditional Christmas Eve social at my other daughters house and then starting at around noon on Christmas, we will have the traditional family dinner at the same place with present opening and hopefully happy conversation all around.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom