The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Well after I posted this morning of my baking, wrapping plans I stood up and went to clean the bathroom. As I stood up something went strange in my back and whatever happened it is causing it some problems. At first I could barely walk so I sat back in the recliner for a little while. Then I decided to tough it out and get some stuff done. After moving around it felt better. So anyway....long story short my back is back to pain and some spasms. I have some leftover muscle relaxers that I might try to help me sleep. But ugh, this is not how I wanted to start my Christmas holiday. Now that hubs is home for the evening he has been helping me out, but before the dog would just look at me with concern and paw my leg as I tried to stand. Here's hoping for a better day tomorrow.

SteveBrickNJ

Well after I posted this morning of my baking, wrapping plans I stood up and went to clean the bathroom. As I stood up something went strange in my back and whatever happened it is causing it some problems. At first I could barely walk so I sat back in the recliner for a little while. Then I decided to tough it out and get some stuff done. After moving around it felt better. So anyway....long story short my back is back to pain and some spasms. I have some leftover muscle relaxers that I might try to help me sleep. But ugh, this is not how I wanted to start my Christmas holiday. Now that hubs is home for the evening he has been helping me out, but before the dog would just look at me with concern and paw my leg as I tried to stand. Here's hoping for a better day tomorrow.
Wishing you well and a better day tomorrow! :angelic:

Songbird76

Oh that stinks :(. Yeah, I like thick paper that has the lines on the back so I know I’m cutting straight lol. The gold paper I used is glittery, it’s really thick and was hard to fold.. I noticed that the tape wasn’t sticking well on that paper. Lesson learned!
Yeah, I tried that a few years ago. It was really thick, so it was hard to get it to mold to the shape of the package, and you'd get it right and tape it and the tape would just come loose with a bunch of glitter on it. I think we finally ended up using the wide tape...what my mom called Strapping Tape, that you would use to close boxes you want to send through the mail. Scotch tape just wouldn't work. So I haven't bought glitter paper since.

Songbird76

I bought a set of 5 rolls of Christmas wrapping paper that was printed with different designs on both sides. That gave me 10 choices. I never looked at how many yards were in each roll but. I am still using the same paper 5 years later. In fact, there are still two rolls that are not finished yet. I'd like to get some new paper, but, I am determined to use the ones I have before I buy anymore. You don't usually find a bargain like this and I don't even remember where I bought it. But I do feel that I got my moneys worth out of it. I'm not sure if the family has noticed that it is the same stuff that they saw over the last 4 Christmas's or not. Don't really care they just tear it off and throw it away anyway. BTW, some of the designs were uggggly, but, it matters not.
Oh, my MIL always buys the really cheap stuff, usually also quite ugly, and then she asks us all to save the paper so she can re-use it. To each his own. I don't care so much about what kind of paper other people use, but I'm picky about what -I- use...not sure why. I also have a thing for stationary...and I don't have an e-reader because I love the smell and feel of paper books too much. I guess I just have a thing for paper.

Figgy1

I'm thinking that I am going to spend post Christmas/New Years crying in my soup. This has been the most expensive quarter of my entire retirement. First my retirement funds have decreased in value by over $7000.00 since mid October. (So much for the strongest economy we have ever seen. I'm getting really tired of winning so much.) Then, of course, Christmas gifts and group get together costs. Increase in rent by 7%. Cost of putting applications in for alternate housing wait list fees. My computer is very close to death and is just hanging on by a thread. In fact this post up to this point has frozen up 3 times. My printer just decided it needed some new ink cartridges which cost $102.00. Never paid more then $70.00 in the past. Two Birthdays (I have absolute forbidden my daughters from having anymore children born in December) They seemed to agree with that one happily. I really hope things improve soon. Since I have no idea when I might be called for the more affordable Senior Housing, I have to get started packing the things that I haven't used in a while so I don't have to do it all when they call. (It could take up to 2 years, but, as they put it, you never know) I will have to move in immediately if they call and I really don't want to pay rent in two places.

Oh, it will all work out, and I'm not broke yet, but, if it keeps bleeding like this the point in time when I run out will be that much sooner. OK, end of the year whining is now over. Carry on with more cheerful stuff like toilet paper ply's and the end of the world scenario's of single ply stuff. On the more positive side... I did get a $40.00 per month increase in Social Security and my plot at the cemetery will be paid off in January. So I got that going for me and I have 2 ply TP. :D
Sympathy like may 2019 bring you nothing but joy, good health and some extra loot

Last edited:

Figgy1

Yes, they are staying inside on inflatable mattresses on the floor. It has to be picked up and stacked every day because legally, they aren't supposed to be living in there until a Certificate of Occupancy is issued. In affect they are squatters in their own home that they are paying the mortgage on every month. I'm tell you this is a mess. If an inspector decides to be "by the book" they could have a problem getting the Certificate. They were cheated out of so much money that they really can't afford to stay in a hotel, but, the recent snow storm collapsed the tent and it became a dumpster resident.
Just out of curiosity why do they need a new CO? Shouldn't the original cover them

Figgy1

Sympathy like. May this morning find you fully healed. You shouldn't do any traveling this week even if you're feeling up to it! Dr Figgy

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom