The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

I have a daughter that used to do that. She used the color comics from the Sunday papers. We all teased her enough that she stopped that. She is the one with the house mess. They are almost done, but, not quite yet. She usually hosts a Christmas Eve get-together, but, right now they have no furniture. In fact, she just today asked for a list of gifts we might want for Christmas. My other daughter and I just said, due to the circumstances just go with gift cards. So here it is three days from Christmas and they haven't had the time to do shopping, send cards and don't even have a Christmas tree up as they have no place to put it. My son in law was very down, because he was practically killing himself to be done in time for Christmas, My other daughter and I have taken over the hosting. I don't have room in my apartment, so she is having both in her house, but, I have stepped up my contributions both in time and food to get us through the holidays.
Please tell me they are at least inside

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Please go to Wegmans or a bakery;) You want the good stuff;)

I don't like Wegmans at all -- went once to one that opened up in our area a few years ago, and hated everything about it. Prices were high, layout was horrible, etc.

Actually, the bakeries inside the other supermarkets in my area are very good. (I already bought a Christmas decorated cake today for Christmas dessert -- they do a nice job with the decorations.) :)

Figgy1

I don't like Wegmans at all -- went once to one that opened up in our area a few years ago, and hated everything about it. Prices were high, layout was horrible, etc.

Actually, the bakeries inside the other supermarkets in my area are very good. (I already bought a Christmas decorated cake today for Christmas dessert -- they do a nice job with the decorations.) :)
Our Wegmans has the best supermarket bakery around here but if I wasn't making baked items I'd go to a local bakery.

Goofyernmost

I'm thinking that I am going to spend post Christmas/New Years crying in my soup. This has been the most expensive quarter of my entire retirement. First my retirement funds have decreased in value by over $7000.00 since mid October. (So much for the strongest economy we have ever seen. I'm getting really tired of winning so much.) Then, of course, Christmas gifts and group get together costs. Increase in rent by 7%. Cost of putting applications in for alternate housing wait list fees. My computer is very close to death and is just hanging on by a thread. In fact this post up to this point has frozen up 3 times. My printer just decided it needed some new ink cartridges which cost $102.00. Never paid more then $70.00 in the past. Two Birthdays (I have absolute forbidden my daughters from having anymore children born in December) They seemed to agree with that one happily. I really hope things improve soon. Since I have no idea when I might be called for the more affordable Senior Housing, I have to get started packing the things that I haven't used in a while so I don't have to do it all when they call. (It could take up to 2 years, but, as they put it, you never know) I will have to move in immediately if they call and I really don't want to pay rent in two places.

Oh, it will all work out, and I'm not broke yet, but, if it keeps bleeding like this the point in time when I run out will be that much sooner. OK, end of the year whining is now over. Carry on with more cheerful stuff like toilet paper ply's and the end of the world scenario's of single ply stuff. On the more positive side... I did get a $40.00 per month increase in Social Security and my plot at the cemetery will be paid off in January. So I got that going for me and I have 2 ply TP. :D

wdwfan4ver

That's nothing. In the past, hubs would wrap something in wrapping paper, but use duct tape to seal it up?! :facepalm:
That sounds very hard to open, but there is another way to make gifts a big task to open.

I remembered at my grandparent's house, that one of my relatives had to open 5 boxes within a box to get to the gift itself.

I don't know what is worse in trying to open all those boxes for one gift, or the amount of time it much of took the person wrapping it.

Goofyernmost

Please tell me they are at least inside
Yes, they are staying inside on inflatable mattresses on the floor. It has to be picked up and stacked every day because legally, they aren't supposed to be living in there until a Certificate of Occupancy is issued. In affect they are squatters in their own home that they are paying the mortgage on every month. I'm tell you this is a mess. If an inspector decides to be "by the book" they could have a problem getting the Certificate. They were cheated out of so much money that they really can't afford to stay in a hotel, but, the recent snow storm collapsed the tent and it became a dumpster resident.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I'm thinking that I am going to spend post Christmas/New Years crying in my soup. This has been the most expensive quarter of my entire retirement. First my retirement funds have decreased in value by over $7000.00 since mid October. (So much for the strongest economy we have ever seen. I'm getting really tired of winning so much.) Then, of course, Christmas gifts and group get together costs. Increase in rent by 7%. Cost of putting applications in for alternate housing wait list fees. My computer is very close to death and is just hanging on by a thread. In fact this post up to this point has frozen up 3 times. My printer just decided it needed some new ink cartridges which cost $102.00. Never paid more then $70.00 in the past. Two Birthdays (I have absolute forbidden my daughters from having anymore children born in December) They seemed to agree with that one happily. I really hope things improve soon. Since I have no idea when I might be called for the more affordable Senior Housing, I have to get started packing the things that I haven't used in a while so I don't have to do it all when they call. (It could take up to 2 years, but, as they put it, you never know) I will have to move in immediately if they call and I really don't want to pay rent in two places.

Oh, it will all work out, and I'm not broke yet, but, if it keeps bleeding like this the point in time when I run out will be that much sooner. OK, end of the year whining is now over. Carry on with more cheerful stuff like toilet paper ply's and the end of the world scenario's of single ply stuff. On the more positive side... I did get a $40.00 per month increase in Social Security and my plot at the cemetery will be paid off in January. So I got that going for me and I have 2 ply TP. :D

The like is not for what you are going through but just a empathetic like. I’m glad you got the 2 ply.🤭

MySmallWorldof4

Hoping for only positive wishes for you in the new year. It was definitely a trying year for many.

MySmallWorldof4

Yes, they are staying inside on inflatable mattresses on the floor. It has to be picked up and stacked every day because legally, they aren't supposed to be living in there until a Certificate of Occupancy is issued. In affect they are squatters in their own home that they are paying the mortgage on every month. I'm tell you this is a mess. If an inspector decides to be "by the book" they could have a problem getting the Certificate. They were cheated out of so much money that they really can't afford to stay in a hotel, but, the recent snow storm collapsed the tent and it became a dumpster resident.
Just sad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom