The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Awesome design, that I can't even imagine how you and your colleagues thought it up?! :jawdrop::)

They should give you a huge Christmas bonus for all the outstanding work you do, not to mention your dedication to the company. Happy to hear you received a nice Christmas gift! :cool:

Thank you so very much, Minnie!!!!! :)
It is a God-given talent that I thank him for every single day, and never take for granted...it could be taken away in, literally, a heartbeat. It’s not rocket science, brain surgery, or such, but, it is so very rewarding to see finished product that will stand for years and years!!!!! :happy:
Big bonuses are good, period. :D;) :)
And, most importantly, it takes care of my beloved family by paying the bills...!!!!!!! :joyfull: ❤️❤️❤️

donaldtoo

Wow. I love the little place cards -- very festive touch. :)

I had to smile, in comparison to our holiday lunch a week ago, when I made the restaurant luncheon group arrangements, (on behalf of my boss), for 50 of our medical colleagues Obviously, I did not have the class that your group organizer had -- no place cards for my peeps! Nope -- it was a cattle call -- grab a seat at a table anywhere, and strap on the feed bag! :joyfull: We're such a cultured group .... :hilarious:

Hahaaa...!!!!! :hilarious:
I say whatever works to all a’ that...I’m a Texan, so cattle calls are also just fine by me....!!!!!!! :joyfull: ;)
But, in our case, the firm actually employs a marketing/event/social media coordinator, and she does one helluva’ good job...we are all truly a team...!!!!!!! :happy: :)

MySmallWorldof4

Hey, what's right is right. Can't alter reality to fit our desires you know. I take it you are declining to acquiesce to the request for a truce?

Also it depend on what you mean by "Native Americans". If you are referring to those that were here before you Europeans "discovered" the Americas, and then attempted to colonize, all the while talking funny, then perhaps the blame lies with yourselves. If you are referring to the current American Citizen, (anything not residing in D.C.) then I'm sure that they do agree.

BTW, just kidding. After doing an extensive heritage search, a couple years back, I found out that my original family left London in the 1600's and were given a land grant from the King in what is now the Boston area. So there is a small part of me (very small) that is Tea and Crumpets, British.:)
Very cool. :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
One of my uncles was single and in his 20s when I was young.. always traveling..always bought the coolest/biggest/loudest gifts for us (much to my parents dismay)... he always wrapped our bday and Christmas presents in newspaper!!! 🤣🤣. (The comics section)

One year he bought a drum set for my brother.. covered it in cut up trash bags and taped them together. Lol

That's nothing. In the past, hubs would wrap something in wrapping paper, but use duct tape to seal it up?! :facepalm:

MySmallWorldof4

Happy Saturday!

I have two gifts to wrap today, hopefully I have enough paper for them. I'm running low, but I don't want to go shopping anymore! I also am going to make my cheeseball today. We normally eat it only on Christmas Eve/Christmas Day but I think it would hit the spot a little early this year. Tomorrow I'm pre-making our Christmas Eve dinner so I only have to reheat between hub's services. Sunday's baking will also include a coffee cake for Christmas Eve morning and Christmas day and making a lasagna to take to my sister's on Christmas Day. So Christmas Eve baking will only be making my traditional chocolate mousse yule log. Every year I try to make it look pretty but it ends up looking like a big chocolate lump, but it always tastes good.
Are you skipping the in-laws?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Happy Saturday!

I have two gifts to wrap today, hopefully I have enough paper for them. I'm running low, but I don't want to go shopping anymore! I also am going to make my cheeseball today. We normally eat it only on Christmas Eve/Christmas Day but I think it would hit the spot a little early this year. Tomorrow I'm pre-making our Christmas Eve dinner so I only have to reheat between hub's services. Sunday's baking will also include a coffee cake for Christmas Eve morning and Christmas day and making a lasagna to take to my sister's on Christmas Day. So Christmas Eve baking will only be making my traditional chocolate mousse yule log. Every year I try to make it look pretty but it ends up looking like a big chocolate lump, but it always tastes good.

Hey, we're also having lasagna on Christmas, too! :hungry:

Goofyernmost

I love the shiny kind...and I like wrapping paper that is universal....stuff you can use for birthdays, Christmas, men or women....so things like silver and black, plain bright colors like blue and red and purple....or something with stars. I was very disappointed today. No one had NICE Christmas paper. It was all that cutesy stuff with cartoon trees or stars on it, not the elegant and fancy kind. Or it had glitter on it, which I know from experience doesn't work well because the tape won't stick to it.
I bought a set of 5 rolls of Christmas wrapping paper that was printed with different designs on both sides. That gave me 10 choices. I never looked at how many yards were in each roll but. I am still using the same paper 5 years later. In fact, there are still two rolls that are not finished yet. I'd like to get some new paper, but, I am determined to use the ones I have before I buy anymore. You don't usually find a bargain like this and I don't even remember where I bought it. But I do feel that I got my moneys worth out of it. I'm not sure if the family has noticed that it is the same stuff that they saw over the last 4 Christmas's or not. Don't really care they just tear it off and throw it away anyway. BTW, some of the designs were uggggly, but, it matters not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom