The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

I’m actually wrapping and it’s not Christmas Eve!!! I don’t have much to wrap, but I’m usually frantically opening the wrapping paper at 1am on Christmas Eve. 😂

Maybe this year I’ll just have to add the ribbons and bows, and wrap Santa’s presents at 1am.

View attachment 335330
Next year you get to use cool gift bags and you'll get a few years out of them;) Only elves wrap;)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Thanks! I’m very particular when it comes to wrapping paper, and embellishments. 😂

This was his first Christmas, I think I had one hour sleep that night.
View attachment 335335

I haven’t gone that crazy again.. but I always try to tie it together.. here’s my favorite Christmas morning photo to date. :)

View attachment 335336

This year I switched things up by choosing a gold paper, and I still have to make it to hobby lobby for “Santa’s paper”... it should all come together though.

Those are precious pictures -- wonderful memories for you and T! :happy:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Nice paper.

As Far as me, I'm actually late this year for finishing gift wrapping by my standards. It took me 5 days boxes instead of my Normal 3 days. The Most I do a day normally is 8 to 10 gifts a day due to me being limited by my knees and is why it normally takes me 3 days instead of this year. What I've been doing on my gift wrapping days is do a small amount in day.

No one was able to do my gifts this year. My younger brother has the same thing as I do, but he had to gift wrap his gifts and some of moms gifts. My dad was not an option. His voice and cough is as bad as mine and I know it took to him 2 days to do a ton of gifts.

Mom couldn't help, she had to do cookies without help, doing Christmas Cards and had to wrap some of her own. Mom was slow with starting cookies due waiting for new electric stove to come instead starting the first weekend after Thanksgiving.

Oh my! Lots of obstacles getting in the way of all the Christmas schedule! But you'll all pull through and get it all done, so not to worry. :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I'm there right now. We are mostly OFF work until the new year with a few minor exceptions of scattered days of coverage. I gave up several years ago on trying to do it all. I gave boundaries to my clients guilt'ng me.

I gave myself realistic expectations to what would be done after decades of trying to accomplish it all. All being expanding always. I have a blessed family core. Families at times do unforgivable things that we are left to pretend didn't happen. Family Cores move on despite the creepity that a higher power will have the final say.

We will go to my Mom's for Christmas Eve a tradition always. I don't know how much longer this will last. I strongly believe my Mom is in the onset or in the midst of Alshemiers / Dementia. Her 5 Sisters all went this road vs 7 Brothers who did not suffered and females life ended with it. Recent Holidays have been difficult with Mom, worse since my Dads passing 2 years ago. Compassion but not pleasant. But my Sis and her family is coming to town so we will try again as Thanksgiving was to say a tad stressful. Understatement.

Christmas Day however will be about us as a small family core celebrating the season. I so look forward to Christmas Day. :inlove:

You have a balanced perspective about all of this. As for your mom, it's hard to watch her deteriorating, and as you said, you'll all enjoy the Christmas Eve tradition for as long as that may be. That's the best way to approach that. (Happened years ago with my father, so I can empathize on many levels of this issue.)

Enjoy every positive minute of Christmas with your family. Merry Christmas to all. :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
There's something about not having a house full of paper;) ps the boys still wrap:joyfull:

Ha! If you have a house full of paper, you must have a ton of gifts at Christmas?! ;):p (Glad the boys still wrap.) Like I said, it's fun to have a mix of bags and wrapping paper. Bags are also great for people who just don't know how to wrap -- if my father was still alive, he would have loved bags! :) (He always asked me to wrap my mother's gifts for him, because he was clueless about wrapping. :hilarious: )

Figgy1

Ha! If you have a house full of paper, you must have a ton of gifts at Christmas?! ;):p (Glad the boys still wrap.) Like I said, it's fun to have a mix of bags and wrapping paper. Bags are also great for people who just don't know how to wrap -- if my father was still alive, he would have loved bags! :) (He always asked me to wrap my mother's gifts for him, because he was clueless about wrapping. :hilarious: )
I pick up things for everybody throughout the year, so yup lots of stuff but they don't get anything except on Christmas or their birthdays unless it's with their own money. It balances out for the most part there's also clothing on everybody's pile:D, a special ornament:joyfull: and seeing we don't do junk food for the most part, a special candy in their stocking.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I pick up things for everybody throughout the year, so yup lots of stuff but they don't get anything except on Christmas or their birthdays unless it's with their own money. It balances out for the most part there's also clothing on everybody's pile:D, a special ornament:joyfull: and seeing we don't do junk food for the most part, a special candy in their stocking.

I was just kidding about "tons" of gifts. ;)

Goofyernmost

In all sincerity, I feel as though I have accidentally started a "fa**y packed" language war here. I call for a Christmas truce here, at least, until after Christmas. After that it should be a no holds barred discussion on who improved on the gibberish that is sometimes referred to as the Queens (Kings) English. :bookworm::oops:

One can always give thought to the fact that just because someone created something doesn't mean that they didn't make some mistakes along the way that had to be corrected by a more insightful society. Just sayin! ;):joyfull:

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
In all sincerity, I feel as though I have accidentally started a "fa**y packed" language war here. I call for a Christmas truce here, at least, until after Christmas. After that it should be a no holds barred discussion on who improved on the gibberish that is sometimes referred to as the Queens (Kings) English. :bookworm::oops:

One can always give thought to the fact that just because someone created something doesn't mean that they didn't make some mistakes along the way that had to be corrected by a more insightful society. Just sayin! ;):joyfull:
I'm sure the Native Americans wholeheartedly agree with your argument. ;)

Goofyernmost

I'm sure the Native Americans wholeheartedly agree with your argument. ;)
Hey, what's right is right. Can't alter reality to fit our desires you know. I take it you are declining to acquiesce to the request for a truce?

Also it depend on what you mean by "Native Americans". If you are referring to those that were here before you Europeans "discovered" the Americas, and then attempted to colonize, all the while talking funny, then perhaps the blame lies with yourselves. If you are referring to the current American Citizen, (anything not residing in D.C.) then I'm sure that they do agree.

BTW, just kidding. After doing an extensive heritage search, a couple years back, I found out that my original family left London in the 1600's and were given a land grant from the King in what is now the Boston area. So there is a small part of me (very small) that is Tea and Crumpets, British.:)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom