The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

Luckily I've been done wrapping for a couple days now.... for those who said they can't do it all in one sitting because of knees... my problem is usually my back... so I set up a card table and chair as a wrapping station, so there is no sitting on the floor or the bed wrapping... it was the best idea I've ever had!

Off to take my MIL to the airport this morning... then hopefully back to bed for some more sleep!
My dh has been the official wrapper since the kids were born. I am the official Santa helper. ;)

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Hey, what's right is right. Can't alter reality to fit our desires you know. I take it you are declining to acquiescing to the request for a truce?

Also it depend on what you mean by "Native Americans". If you are referring to those that were here before you Europeans "discovered" the Americas, and then attempted to colonize, all the while talking funny, then perhaps the blame lies with yourselves. If you are referring to the current American Citizen, (anything not residing in D.C.) then I'm sure that they do agree.

BTW, just kidding. After doing an extensive heritage search, a couple years back, I found out that my original family left London in the 1600's and were given a land grant from the King in what is now the Boston area. So there is a small part of me (very small) that is Tea and Crumpets, British.:)
A truce then old chap. Unless it means something different to y'all

21stamps

I received Echo from my kids as a Christmas gift last year. I love Alexia on many levels. Even quick measurement for preparing meals. My DD with questions regarding Grad School work, endless quick helpfulness. Still her silly side is what I enjoy most. Makes me smile.

Whatever the official name is my Mom for Mothers Day has the Face Time type Alexia. I can't say that upgrade was worth it. It is a more individual type thing. We are not the Skype, Face Time type of family so this is an upcharge for a feature my Mom will not likely ever use yet she does use what I do with my tubular friend.

Thank you for this input! I’ll leave it as is.

That first picture is adorable. You sure went all out for that year.
I was in Hobby Lobby yesterday. They only had 3 aisles with Christmas stuff left. They had loads of Spring related stuff being brought out.

Oh no. Santa needs paper and bows!

I LOVE your wrapping paper! Especially the candy cane one....so cute! I have a thing for wrapping paper. Is that weird? And now I used up pretty much my entire stash, so I can go shopping for more!! YAY!!!!

If it’s weird, I’m weird too! 😂😂

I did a burlap theme a couple of years ago, which was actually my favorite... but it wasn’t T’s favorite.lol. I’ll continue the shiny for a few more years... then hopefully make the switch. Have fun shopping!!!

21stamps

Ha! If you have a house full of paper, you must have a ton of gifts at Christmas?! ;):p (Glad the boys still wrap.) Like I said, it's fun to have a mix of bags and wrapping paper. Bags are also great for people who just don't know how to wrap -- if my father was still alive, he would have loved bags! :) (He always asked me to wrap my mother's gifts for him, because he was clueless about wrapping. :hilarious: )

One of my uncles was single and in his 20s when I was young.. always traveling..always bought the coolest/biggest/loudest gifts for us (much to my parents dismay)... he always wrapped our bday and Christmas presents in newspaper!!! 🤣🤣. (The comics section)

One year he bought a drum set for my brother.. covered it in cut up trash bags and taped them together. Lol

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
Have you watched The Christmas Chronicles on netflix yet? We watched it last night, it was really good!
No. When we lived in Wisconsin, our internet was so slow, we couldn’t usually even watch YouTube videos without caching issues - so we never bought a smart TV or got into streaming. Now that we’re in Indiana, we have better internet, but our big screen TV is still hanging in there!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
That first picture is adorable. You sure went all out for that year.
I was in Hobby Lobby yesterday. They only had 3 aisles with Christmas stuff left. They had loads of Spring related stuff being brought out.

I went to Hobby Lobby a couple days ago and mine too had only a couple of aisles left. I did find a my yearly nutcracker though, I get a new one every year. I got a 2 foot tall one that was supposed to be $40 for about $13.50. I was pretty jazzed with the discount. I didn't pay attention to if there was Spring stuff or not though. Although I did see a Nativity figurine painted in neon colors that was super ugly. I really can't imagine anyone wanting a bright neon nativity decorating their house, but apparently someone might.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Happy Saturday!

I have two gifts to wrap today, hopefully I have enough paper for them. I'm running low, but I don't want to go shopping anymore! I also am going to make my cheeseball today. We normally eat it only on Christmas Eve/Christmas Day but I think it would hit the spot a little early this year. Tomorrow I'm pre-making our Christmas Eve dinner so I only have to reheat between hub's services. Sunday's baking will also include a coffee cake for Christmas Eve morning and Christmas day and making a lasagna to take to my sister's on Christmas Day. So Christmas Eve baking will only be making my traditional chocolate mousse yule log. Every year I try to make it look pretty but it ends up looking like a big chocolate lump, but it always tastes good.

Songbird76

Thank you for this input! I’ll leave it as is.

Oh no. Santa needs paper and bows!

If it’s weird, I’m weird too! 😂😂

I did a burlap theme a couple of years ago, which was actually my favorite... but it wasn’t T’s favorite.lol. I’ll continue the shiny for a few more years... then hopefully make the switch. Have fun shopping!!!
I love the shiny kind...and I like wrapping paper that is universal....stuff you can use for birthdays, Christmas, men or women....so things like silver and black, plain bright colors like blue and red and purple....or something with stars. I was very disappointed today. No one had NICE Christmas paper. It was all that cutesy stuff with cartoon trees or stars on it, not the elegant and fancy kind. Or it had glitter on it, which I know from experience doesn't work well because the tape won't stick to it.

21stamps

I love the shiny kind...and I like wrapping paper that is universal....stuff you can use for birthdays, Christmas, men or women....so things like silver and black, plain bright colors like blue and red and purple....or something with stars. I was very disappointed today. No one had NICE Christmas paper. It was all that cutesy stuff with cartoon trees or stars on it, not the elegant and fancy kind. Or it had glitter on it, which I know from experience doesn't work well because the tape won't stick to it.

Oh that stinks :(. Yeah, I like thick paper that has the lines on the back so I know I’m cutting straight lol. The gold paper I used is glittery, it’s really thick and was hard to fold.. I noticed that the tape wasn’t sticking well on that paper. Lesson learned!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom