The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
That's why I'm hesitant about getting married...ever. I know people my age who dated their SO for a year, and then got married. I'm like... you're stuck with this person for the rest of your life. Did ya really get to know them all that well? I couldn't do that. I need more time to really get to know the person. I'd rather be alone than be with the wrong person.

Since I don't want kids and don't have to worry about the clock ticking biologically, I'd rather take my time and really get to know the person so there are fewer surprises if I were to marry

Be true to yourself. Trust your gut. Way too many women out there that wish they had better judgement but are stuck. I have two adult children, a male and female that are in your camp. You are mirroring a good percentage of your generation and the world. And add to that those who are just pretending to be committed and happy. Your own intuition should be your guide. Enjoy your life on your terms. Wish you nothing but the best no matter what you choose.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Speaking of Amazon. Does anyone have tips on the Echo? Is set up easy?

Obviously I don’t have one, I ordered as gifts and assume my mom will have to set up an Amazon account. Is Prime a requirement with the Echo?
If so, can I give her an Amazon gift card to cover 2 years or something? I didn’t even think about that until just now. I can’t really give a gift that requires a subscription from the receiver. I’ll have to google that I guess.

Ugh, why did I bend my ethics on Amazon.

I received Echo from my kids as a Christmas gift last year. I love Alexia on many levels. Even quick measurement for preparing meals. My DD with questions regarding Grad School work, endless quick helpfulness. Still her silly side is what I enjoy most. Makes me smile.

Whatever the official name is my Mom for Mothers Day has the Face Time type Alexia. I can't say that upgrade was worth it. It is a more individual type thing. We are not the Skype, Face Time type of family so this is an upcharge for a feature my Mom will not likely ever use yet she does use what I do with my tubular friend.

Rista1313

Luckily I've been done wrapping for a couple days now.... for those who said they can't do it all in one sitting because of knees... my problem is usually my back... so I set up a card table and chair as a wrapping station, so there is no sitting on the floor or the bed wrapping... it was the best idea I've ever had!

Off to take my MIL to the airport this morning... then hopefully back to bed for some more sleep!

MySmallWorldof4

195_wintersolstice2018sunsetstartofwinter.jpeg

Happy solstice, my friends!!! :inlove::inlove::inlove:
Yay! The days start to get longer again!:)

MySmallWorldof4

The beginnings of more 3-D modeling fun to finish up the year...!!! :)

View attachment 335287

My job is one helluva’ stress-fest so much of the time, but, it’s also so damn cool...!!!!! :happy:

On a side note...
Big Christmas bonuses don’t hurt either...!!!!!!!!!!! :joyfull::greedy::hilarious:
Hope the next year brings even more success for your company, because their success beings you nice bonuses and lots of great parties during the year. :)

MySmallWorldof4

Thanks! I’m very particular when it comes to wrapping paper, and embellishments. 😂

This was his first Christmas, I think I had one hour sleep that night.
View attachment 335335

I haven’t gone that crazy again.. but I always try to tie it together.. here’s my favorite Christmas morning photo to date. :)

View attachment 335336

This year I switched things up by choosing a gold paper, and I still have to make it to hobby lobby for “Santa’s paper”... it should all come together though.
That first picture is adorable. You sure went all out for that year.
I was in Hobby Lobby yesterday. They only had 3 aisles with Christmas stuff left. They had loads of Spring related stuff being brought out.

Songbird76

I’m actually wrapping and it’s not Christmas Eve!!! I don’t have much to wrap, but I’m usually frantically opening the wrapping paper at 1am on Christmas Eve. 😂

Maybe this year I’ll just have to add the ribbons and bows, and wrap Santa’s presents at 1am.

View attachment 335330
I LOVE your wrapping paper! Especially the candy cane one....so cute! I have a thing for wrapping paper. Is that weird? And now I used up pretty much my entire stash, so I can go shopping for more!! YAY!!!!

Songbird76

Luckily I've been done wrapping for a couple days now.... for those who said they can't do it all in one sitting because of knees... my problem is usually my back... so I set up a card table and chair as a wrapping station, so there is no sitting on the floor or the bed wrapping... it was the best idea I've ever had!

Off to take my MIL to the airport this morning... then hopefully back to bed for some more sleep!
I used my piano bench this year. It was just the right height as I sat on the couch. I've always used the coffee table, but it's a tad too low, and it is littered with Minnie Mouse ears supplies at the moment. So I brought in the piano bench and it was perfect.

donaldtoo

Hope the next year brings even more success for your company, because their success beings you nice bonuses and lots of great parties during the year. :)

Thank you so very much!!! :)
Ultimately, I love what I do for a living, and actually chose it at age 15 when I went into my first HS 3-hr. morning drafting class...!!!!!!! :joyfull:
However, not gonna’ lie about it not being a stress-fest much of the time...other firms competing for the work, very rich demanding clientele, etc.
But, all 4 partners always tell me I do my best work under pressure and in a pinch, so I’ve got that goin’ for me...!!!!! :rolleyes: :oops: o_O :hilarious:;):)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I am the “rebel” child that moved out early. I go places and don’t stay home all the time. I don’t like to be told that I have to do something or be somewhere cause it’s expected. Yeah....

I understand your frustration. It's hard for them to let go -- happened to most of us, I presume. Don't let it get to you. They can't help it. ;)

(As a side note: At least they're still around. Some of us have lost our parents from illness, etc.)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
The beginnings of more 3-D modeling fun to finish up the year...!!! :)

View attachment 335287

My job is one helluva’ stress-fest so much of the time, but, it’s also so damn cool...!!!!! :happy:

On a side note...
Big Christmas bonuses don’t hurt either...!!!!!!!!!!! :joyfull::greedy::hilarious:

Awesome design, that I can't even imagine how you and your colleagues thought it up?! :jawdrop::)

They should give you a huge Christmas bonus for all the outstanding work you do, not to mention your dedication to the company. Happy to hear you received a nice Christmas gift! :cool:

MinnieM123

Premium Member

Wow. I love the little place cards -- very festive touch. :)

I had to smile, in comparison to our holiday lunch a week ago, when I made the restaurant luncheon group arrangements, (on behalf of my boss), for 50 of our medical colleagues Obviously, I did not have the class that your group organizer had -- no place cards for my peeps! Nope -- it was a cattle call -- grab a seat at a table anywhere, and strap on the feed bag! :joyfull: We're such a cultured group .... :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom