The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

SteveBrickNJ

I’m actually wrapping and it’s not Christmas Eve!!! I don’t have much to wrap, but I’m usually frantically opening the wrapping paper at 1am on Christmas Eve. 😂

Maybe this year I’ll just have to add the ribbons and bows, and wrap Santa’s presents at 1am.

View attachment 335330
You have great taste in selecting attractive wrapping paper.

21stamps

You have great taste in selecting attractive wrapping paper.

Thanks! I’m very particular when it comes to wrapping paper, and embellishments. 😂

This was his first Christmas, I think I had one hour sleep that night.
477EAD87-3B95-425A-A51B-F8AE00E9908F.jpeg

I haven’t gone that crazy again.. but I always try to tie it together.. here’s my favorite Christmas morning photo to date. :)

861B8243-D016-44A1-B793-5C8794464990.jpeg

This year I switched things up by choosing a gold paper, and I still have to make it to hobby lobby for “Santa’s paper”... it should all come together though.

wdwfan4ver

I’m actually wrapping and it’s not Christmas Eve!!! I don’t have much to wrap, but I’m usually frantically opening the wrapping paper at 1am on Christmas Eve. 😂

Maybe this year I’ll just have to add the ribbons and bows, and wrap Santa’s presents at 1am.

View attachment 335330
Nice paper.

As Far as me, I'm actually late this year for finishing gift wrapping by my standards. It took me 5 days boxes instead of my Normal 3 days. The Most I do a day normally is 8 to 10 gifts a day due to me being limited by my knees and is why it normally takes me 3 days instead of this year. What I've been doing on my gift wrapping days is do a small amount in day.

No one was able to do my gifts this year. My younger brother has the same thing as I do, but he had to gift wrap his gifts and some of moms gifts. My dad was not an option. His voice and cough is as bad as mine and I know it took to him 2 days to do a ton of gifts.

Mom couldn't help, she had to do cookies without help, doing Christmas Cards and had to wrap some of her own. Mom was slow with starting cookies due waiting for new electric stove to come instead starting the first weekend after Thanksgiving.

Last edited:

21stamps

Nice paper.

As Far as me, I'm actually late this year for finishing gift wrapping by my standards. It took me 5 days boxes instead of my Normal 3 days. The Most I do a day normally is 8 to 10 gifts a day due to me being limited by my knees and is why it normally takes me 3 days instead of this year. What I've been doing on my gift wrapping days is do a small amount in day.

No one was able to do my gifts this year. My younger brother has the same thing as I do, but he had to gift wrap his gifts and some of moms gifts. My dad was not an option. His voice and cough is as bad as mine and I know it took to him 2 days to do a ton of gifts.

Mom couldn't help, she had to do cookies without help, doing Christmas Cards and had to wrap some of her own. Mom was slow with starting cookies due waiting for new electric stove to come instead starting the first weekend after Thanksgiving.

Your standards are high! I’ve never been done that early!

Sorry to hear that sickness has taken your house :(. Sending good thoughts that you’ll all feel better soon.

Sounds like a lot of work for your mom, but I’m sure the new stove helped her feel better about the cookies. :). I think your family needs a nice day of rest and good health soon!

wdwfan4ver

Your standards are high! I’ve never been done that early!

Sorry to hear that sickness has taken your house :(. Sounds like a lot of work for your mom, but I’m sure the new stove helped her feel better about the cookies.:). I think your family needs a nice day of rest and good health soon!
I've been this fast for giftwrapping is due to my knees can't handle giftwrapping 12 to 15 a day due to my past experience with my knees. I tried a couple times years ago, and I limping out of bed the next day:in pain:. I start my ordering gifts before Thanksgiving for my younger brother. He wants used video games and his stuff usually is not on sale at the online store I shop at. That shop is not Gamestop since he even wants games that first were released for the Atari 2600.

It happens towards what I have. My younger brother had it first and he spread it around to my dad and I. He got a week before his birthday. My dad didn't get it before my younger brother's birthday and I started to get signs 2 days before my dad did.

My younger brothers voice is better now, but he still coughs time to time.

As far as my mom goes, she's happy with her new stove. The old stove has been around a long time and had its springs replaces a couple times. It took my mom some adjusting. I agree with you amount of time it takes her.

I'm usually her helper for Christmas cookies and makes it faster for her. The longest thing for her is put the pans in the oven after they are done baking.

I'm the person who scoops the dough with a cookie dough scooper and rolls the dough after being done scooping a done of cookies. What my mom does is makes cookie dough, does additional stuff to cookies including one the has has you roll the cookie door ball into stuff and puts it into even after. She makes her Christmas cookies from scratch. I am extremely quick at scooping cookies and rolling them. I'm her taste taster usually besides her tasting her cookies since she gives some of them out to people such as neighbors and friends.

Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
We all have moments of weakness, and the holidays can really mess with your mind. Our personal expectations of what "should" be happening, are not always in sync with one's actual reality.

In my own case, every year I think I have this unrealistic "perfect" Christmas in my head, that probably dates back to childhood--when I just took it all in, and didn't have any responsibilities. All holiday experiences and presents, etc., were all taken care of, for me. Heck, who wouldn't be thrilled with that?! :p

Now, my mother, on the other hand, probably worked herself up in a frenzy for weeks prior, trying to make the family's Christmas just picture perfect. Yet, I'll bet she even had a few regrets about a few things that could have gone better, etc.

To conclude my ramblings here, to maintain (my own) sanity, I've developed a more balanced approach. I enjoy what I can about the holidays, but don't kick myself. if absolutely not everything goes according to plan. And sometimes when seemingly nothing is going right, I come to my senses, and emulate Mr. Scrooge's view of it, "Bah Humbug!" :joyfull: That works too! :happy::happy:

I'm there right now. We are mostly OFF work until the new year with a few minor exceptions of scattered days of coverage. I gave up several years ago on trying to do it all. I gave boundaries to my clients guilt'ng me.

I gave myself realistic expectations to what would be done after decades of trying to accomplish it all. All being expanding always. I have a blessed family core. Families at times do unforgivable things that we are left to pretend didn't happen. Family Cores move on despite the creepity that a higher power will have the final say.

We will go to my Mom's for Christmas Eve a tradition always. I don't know how much longer this will last. I strongly believe my Mom is in the onset or in the midst of Alshemiers / Dementia. Her 5 Sisters all went this road vs 7 Brothers who did not suffered and females life ended with it. Recent Holidays have been difficult with Mom, worse since my Dads passing 2 years ago. Compassion but not pleasant. But my Sis and her family is coming to town so we will try again as Thanksgiving was to say a tad stressful. Understatement.

Christmas Day however will be about us as a small family core celebrating the season. I so look forward to Christmas Day. :inlove:

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom