The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

That doesn't surprise me, I do a lot of things that I don't always remember doing. I don't really think it should be a problem though, it's just an anecdote. When you get my age there is a good chance that you will start repeating yourself too. ;)
I didn't remember reading about it before. And I don't really mind reading things again. I think we all post stories multiple times, not remembering where we have and have not shared that particular gem. It's all good.
As for Schlotskeys (Did I spell that right?), I've never been to one, but I'm not a huge sandwich fan. I'll take Subway over a regular sandwich that I make at home, but it's not something I'd really go out of my way for...especially now that they discontinued the meatball marinara one a few years ago....they still have it in the US, so I WILL go to a Subway there to get one, but other than that, I can live without it. I guess it depends on how much you love sandwiches. Just like any other food...pizza, burgers, BBQ...you have people who LOVE a particular chain, and people who just don't get what makes it different from every other burger, pizza, what have you. Some people RAVE about 5 guys....I went to one, and it was fine, but it wasn't any different than a burger I can make at home. I'd have no objection to going to one again, but I don't crave it and take every opportunity to go there.

MySmallWorldof4

I didn't remember reading about it before. And I don't really mind reading things again. I think we all post stories multiple times, not remembering where we have and have not shared that particular gem. It's all good.
As for Schlotskeys (Did I spell that right?), I've never been to one, but I'm not a huge sandwich fan. I'll take Subway over a regular sandwich that I make at home, but it's not something I'd really go out of my way for...especially now that they discontinued the meatball marinara one a few years ago....they still have it in the US, so I WILL go to a Subway there to get one, but other than that, I can live without it. I guess it depends on how much you love sandwiches. Just like any other food...pizza, burgers, BBQ...you have people who LOVE a particular chain, and people who just don't get what makes it different from every other burger, pizza, what have you. Some people RAVE about 5 guys....I went to one, and it was fine, but it wasn't any different than a burger I can make at home. I'd have no objection to going to one again, but I don't crave it and take every opportunity to go there.
5 Guys is so overpriced in my opinion. There fries are good though. I may have had one when I got the kids food from there a few months ago. ;)

Songbird76

I forgot, dh did order 1 thing off the web. Me I went to stores and a few yard/garage sales, library used book sale and a couple of craft fairs. I may have mentioned this before but dh's family does a trash to treasure gift, each year we head out and find something that's been gently used for each person on our list. Over the years we've found and received some impressive items such as a vintage watch, Craftsman tools, a few Disney items and a few other fun finds.
That sounds like a fantastic tradition!!

Songbird76

It was a gift, I bought nothing smaller than 3-6 months
Gift buying can be tricky. One of my favorites was when DD was born, a friend of mine gave me a camisole for the baby. She had no kids yet, so she had asked a girl at the store, who also did not have kids and didn't really know how the sizes went, so they held it up and decided it looked like it might fit a baby. It was a size 152cm....so it was meant for a 12 year old. :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: Though that store's clothes do run a BIT on the small size.

Figgy1

Is there a store near you that sells cute Kawaii things like tiny sanwiches on tiny fake rolls shaped like bears? If so I will send a sister in law to go there.
He's not after cute kawaii, he wants small ceramic dishes:rolleyes: He's mad I serve sushi on a plate, put sauces in small pyrex bowls and have his own ceramic instead of pyrex rice bowl:cautious: He's getting a square pan for making eggs, I have to draw the line somewhere;) as far as kawaii she may have luck over by Ft lee/Englewood area I don't know of a specific store

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom