The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

wdwfan4ver

My kids were between 6 lbs 2 oz, and 8 lbs 2 oz. DS was the tiniest. He was born at 36 weeks though. Youngest the largest and came within 23 hours of her due date.
My mom only knew how to give birth to big oxes.

I was 8 Lbs 11 oz after being 5 days late and my moms doctor didn't except that size due to her size.

My younger brother was a big baby for being born 2 and half weeks early. My younger brother already was 7 lbs 3 oz and could've been a 10 pounder:jawdrop::joyfull:. My mom was told she would've needed a C-section if she went full term with my younger brother.

MySmallWorldof4

Yep, they couldn't get out to shovel their walkway or anything, hence the neighbors organizing a digging party. It was a cul-de-sac, and the girl's house was right on the end at the top of a hill...not a very steep one, but it was the only one with a door that faced directly where the wind blew all the snow. So all the other neighbors could get out....their houses lined the sides of the street. The snow drifted, but not in front of their doors. This girl's house acted kind of like a fence...it just caught all the snow.

The plaque....there were 4 of us who were night school tutors. The school hired the top 4 seniors to be tutors 3 nights a week, and kids who were getting D's or below in the core classes (Math, Science, English, Social studies) were required to be there on the night that was set aside for that. You could get help with any subject on any of the nights, but if you were failing Math, you HAD to go on Monday night. D in English? You were required to go Tuesday night. Anyone could go, though, and you could still get help for Math if it wasn't a Monday, or English if it wasn't a Tuesday, etc.. Anyway, there was a slow night, so the four of us didn't have any students to help and 3 of us were class officers. So we were supposed to arrange the class gift. We also got the Social Studies teacher a laser pointer because he broke his oak pointer when he slammed it down on one of the kids' desks because the kid fell asleep. So we wanted to get the principal something that would LOOK like it was supposed to be nice, meanwhile being an insult. We knew he wouldn't figure out that it was on purpose. We had been thinking of pranks, like offering him some chocolate, that would actually be laxatives, and stealing all the toilet paper from the school bathrooms, but we didn't want anyone ELSE to suffer going to the bathroom and not having TP. We thought about each graduate cutting a lock of hair to hand him as we got our diplomas (he was bald), but we didn't think he'd find it humorous and he was enough of a jerk to withhold the diplomas. So we had to think of something that looked like a mistake. So we landed on words that if misspelled, would mean something completely different....one of the words we couldn't fit in was "public" without the "l"....we couldn't figure out a way to incorporate it. But "Impotent" was really accurate anyway, and so much easier to fudge. Darn the secretary's eagle eye!! She never knew we had done it on purpose, though.
That is hysterical!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I love that version. I still got it on VHS, with the "When Love is Gone" song.

Why they took that song out in the newer versions, I will never know.

This was also one of my favorites:
MV5BMTk2NjA0OTAwMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDU4Njc1MzE@._V1_UY268_CR3,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

I also loved Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol -- a more "modern" classic, than the older (vintage 1938) black and white movies. I know the words to all the songs, too!

It's interesting how the same story can be interpreted into a number of movies--all with their own particular slant on the story. :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
O.k. So the tree decorating frolics continued tonight. First, I watered the tree, but missed the side of the stand and water spilled out on the floor. :facepalm: Hence, I watered the floor. :p

I found one box of bulbs, and put them up on the tree. But only the top half of the tree has bulbs, because I can't find the 2nd box of bulbs that I put away last year. ;)

So, the tree has the lights turned on and bulbs on the top half. If I can't find the 2nd box of bulbs, do you think anyone will notice that there arent' any on the bottom half? :hilarious:

Oh, by the way, the dog still hates the tree! :joyfull:

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
I haven’t had a chance to catch up.. I’m especially hoping that all went well for Steve!

Just wanted to drop back in quickly and show what’s going on at my house today..
3rd tree removed.

No more acorns, no more sticky balls, no more fallen branches.. this is the last one though! Im done killing trees after today.

Luke is watching from the zipline. ;)
View attachment 332873
View attachment 332871

You seem to hate trees. :cautious:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
O.k. So the tree decorating frolics continued tonight. First, I watered the tree, but missed the side of the stand and water spilled out on the floor. :facepalm: Hence, I watered the floor. :p

I found one box of bulbs, and put them up on the tree. But only the top half of the tree has bulbs, because I can't find the 2nd box of bulbs that I put away last year. ;)

So, the tree has the lights turned on and bulbs on the top half. If I can't find the 2nd box of bulbs, do you think anyone will notice that there arent' any on the bottom half? :hilarious:

Oh, by the way, the dog still hates the tree! :joyfull:

Oh I'm chuckling at your antics! I'm sure your trees is lovely!:joyfull::hilarious:

Cesar R M

I get that, but the show is almost 20 years old, and MK's fireworks have been replaced twice since then. Time for an update.

Plus, the amount of times I've heard guests complain that the globe on the center of the water is boring...not disagreeing; it is hard to see.
noone disagrees that its 20 years old. But even after 20.. it wasn't exactly the same for 20 years. It evolved a few times, they added stuff.. changed things.
Still, my complain was about those who wanted the show being shunned because others think it was "boring beyond belief".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom