The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

21stamps

Good morning.
Today is my wife's surgery.
All prayers are welcome :happy:

Sending prayers and good thoughts that all will go well and a speedy recovery.

Scores went up, and they placed higher. Despite a lot of team drama, too much to get into, and being down 2 dancers because of injury. Today they will cut one dance, so they will have one dance to focus on.

How goes it in the world of Cheer?

How did it end up?

MySmallWorldof4

Scores went up, and they placed higher. Despite a lot of team drama, too much to get into, and being down 2 dancers because of injury. Today they will cut one dance, so they will have one dance to focus on.

How goes it in the world of Cheer?
First competition is this weekend. They compete twice which is a first for dd's team. The older teams have done this competition before. And drama, you want to talk drama? There is a lot on the teams with the older girls. The highest level team they have started with 10 girls. 2 months before the competition this weekend, one girl up and decided to quit. They had to rechoreograph the whole routine. Then last month, one of the moms cursed out the owner of the gym for reasons unknown, but I know the owner and she is a dear. So the owner thought it best to let that family go. So down to 8 and those girls have really dealt with a lot this season.

Goofyernmost

Hope the power stays on. My niece goes to Chapel Hill and she had 8 inches at her dorm yesterday. My Dd has around 13 in Greensboro. They got lots of freezing rain on top of the snow yesterday too. Keep warm and stay safe.
We had 6.5 inches here in Raleigh, which I understand is a early month record as well. Don't really know from personal experience. I went out to take something to The UPS store and pick up a couple of things at the grocery store and frankly the roads were awful, but, there wasn't much traffic so that meant that few fools (other then myself) were out there making mistakes. Just the few I saw were putting on their brakes more then they should have and going way, way, way slower then called for as well. Of course, around here it isn't uncommon to see people riding around on slick, bald tires, so maybe they were going the only speed they could. It hasn't really warmed up that much, 34/35 degrees but most of the snow and sleet has melted off the roads. I know it is much worse to the west and north of us, but, we seem to be past the worst part for this area. Of that 6.5 inches all that is left is about 2 or less inches.

SteveBrickNJ

Sending prayers and good thoughts that all will go well and a speedy recovery.

How did it end up?
You'll be amazed re. what I'm about to share.
My wife was in the bed that would be wheeled into the operating room. She'd gone through all the million questions, changed to the hospital gown, given the urine sample, had the I V drip in her arm.....ready to go.....then the head surgical nurse approached us and says that the surgeon is unable to make it. He is not present in the hospital!
He, the surgeon....will HIMSELF be operated on sometime in the future.....and HE..the SURGEON was at an appointment FOR HIMSELF at a location 20 miles north of the hospital my wife and I were in. HIS appointment to see his surgeon for a consult for himself was at 10:30am. THAT surgeon was running behind schedule. My wife's surgeon chose to stay there and be seen by his surgeon rather than reschedule for his personal visit and come down south 20 miles and perform my wife's surgery.

Last edited:

SteveBrickNJ

My wife was in the bed that would be wheeled into the operating room. She'd gone through all the million questions, changed to the hospital gown, given the urine sample, had the I V drip in her arm.....ready to go.....then the head surgical nurse approached us and says that the surgeon is unable to make it. He is not present in the hospital!
He, the surgeon....will HIMSELF be operated on sometime in the future.....a HE....the SURGEON was at an appointment FOR HIMSELF at location 20 north of the hospital my wife and I were in. HIS appointment to see his surgeon for a consult was at 10:30am. THAT surgeon was running behind schedule. My wife's surgeon chose to stay there and be seen by his surgeon rather than reschedule and come down south 20 miles and perform my wife's surgery.
The nurse that prepared my wife with the I V was amazed! How unprofessional. How thoughtless!
My wife asked the surgeon's staff to have the surgeon to call her and apologize/ explain. So far no such call has been received.
The surgery is supposedly rescheduled for tomorrow but we have to wait until 5pm for the hospital to call with the new time.

93boomer

Premium Member
We had 6.5 inches here in Raleigh, which I understand is a early month record as well. Don't really know from personal experience. I went out to take something to The UPS store and pick up a couple of things at the grocery store and frankly the roads were awful, but, there wasn't much traffic so that meant that few fools (other then myself) were out there making mistakes. Just the few I saw were putting on their brakes more then they should have and going way, way, way slower then called for as well. Of course, around here it isn't uncommon to see people riding around on slick, bald tires, so maybe they were going the only speed they could. It hasn't really warmed up that much, 34/35 degrees but most of the snow and sleet has melted off the roads. I know it is much worse to the west and north of us, but, we seem to be past the worst part for this area. Of that 6.5 inches all that is left is about 2 or less inches.
Oh wow! Yours is going fast. The main roads are looking pretty good but I hate to think how the side roads are. I am surprised the traffic was low. People must be staying at home.

93boomer

Premium Member
The nurse that prepared my wife with the I V was amazed! How unprofessional. How thoughtless!
My wife asked the surgeon's staff to have the surgeon to call her and apologize/ explain. So far no such call has been received.
The surgery is supposedly rescheduled for tomorrow but we have to wait until 5pm for the hospital to call with the new time.
😱After you both were ready for it, then he does that? Good luck tomorrow!!

Rista1313

Ugh.. when you are mentally prepared for something, it is hard to back track from that. I sure hope things get on track for tomorrow!

21stamps

He, the surgeon....will HIMSELF be operated on sometime in the future.....and HE..the SURGEON was at an appointment FOR HIMSELF at a location 20 miles north of the hospital my wife and I were in. HIS appointment to see his surgeon for a consult for himself was at 10:30am. THAT surgeon was running behind schedule. My wife's surgeon chose to stay there and be seen by his surgeon rather than reschedule for his personal visit and come down south 20 miles and perform my wife's surgery.

Wow. I can’t believe they let it get to that point. I would be furious!! That is so unprofessional and just wrong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom