The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MouseDreaming

We never did St Nick as a separate thing, but then, we weren't Catholic, so maybe that's why. So it was never a confusing thing to me. It wasn't until I moved here where they do Sinterklaas, and I had kids who were doing all the Sinterklaas stuff at school while we did Christmas at home.
Funny story...when I was waiting to pick DS up from school yesterday, one of the mom's was saying her son set his shoe on the 4th and had colored a picture of Santa, who of course is not a "thing" here...and he wrote on it "Sinterklaas, is this your arch enemy?" :hilarious::hilarious:

We always just told our kids that Sinterklaas and Santa are cousins, and one does the US and the other does the Netherlands, and because I'm American, that's why they get presents from both. We always did just the small gifts for Sinterklaas....things you can put in their shoes. The bigger stuff was for Christmas because we had too much stuff to do around the 5th. DS's birthday is the 3rd, mine the 9th, and my nephew's the 16th. So we opted not to do much with Sinterklaas and to do more with Christmas. I've actually never heard of anyone in the US celebrating Saint Nicholas....you are the very first.
I learned about St. Nick when we moved to WI. My brothers were young, and very disappointed and worried when nothing showed up in their stockings. It was always billed as a Santa warning trip. If you didn't get anything, it wasn't too late to shape up.

When I was older, it was a popular day for engagements. St. Nick wold drop the ring in the stocking.

21stamps

T’s school had their annual Santa’s Workshop today.. families bring their kids, kids go in a room to go shopping (everything $5 or less).. and then they took their selections to a table where 7th and 8th grade “Elf” volunteers helped wrap and label the gifts. Then the kids go to a decorating station and make a Christmas cookie. Parents hang out and chit chat while the kids are busy.

Always a good time. This year we finally made it in time for the live animals!

12E98FDA-B0FA-4C6D-9D46-5255860B0368.jpeg45C4B9A1-1C08-437F-A1DE-B9CA04D384E8.jpegD6A92B54-7565-4B96-A99E-1FDD25344843.jpeg1A8F8916-C2A1-4FAD-868E-62E500D32C5E.jpegB2EF8CC3-00DE-43ED-8252-178CC3EE11A8.jpeg

93boomer

Premium Member
T’s school had their annual Santa’s Workshop today.. families bring their kids, kids go in a room to go shopping (everything $5 or less).. and then they took their selections to a table where 7th and 8th grade “Elf” volunteers helped wrap and label the gifts. Then the kids go to a decorating station and make a Christmas cookie. Parents hang out and chit chat while the kids are busy.

Always a good time. This year we finally made it in time for the live animals!

View attachment 332248View attachment 332249View attachment 332250View attachment 332252View attachment 332253
Ooooo the bunnies are sooo cute!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom