The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

My Dd complains every time it snows down there. With her being from the mountains, she knows how to drive in the snow. Down there, no one has a clue. They panic with an inch of snow. It’s hilarious!!
No, they panic long before that, if it's cold (maybe 40 degrees) and it is raining they are sure the roads are covered with ice, so the drive faster so they can get home sooner. Four wheel drive vehicles are the first to be in ditches. Some just can't get through their heads that 4wd does not automatically stick you to the road and that it only helps at proper speed to handle and control the vehicle. So kick it in 4wd and drive a fast as you can until you're digging yourself out of a ditch. Sometimes they make it home and that just reinforces their belief.

93boomer

Premium Member
No, they panic long before that, if it's cold (maybe 40 degrees) and it is raining they are sure the roads are covered with ice, so the drive faster so they can get home sooner. Four wheel drive vehicles are the first to be in ditches. Some just can't get through their heads that 4wd does not automatically stick you to the road and that it only helps at proper speed to handle and control the vehicle. So kick it in 4wd and drive a fast as you can until you're digging yourself out of a ditch. Sometimes they make it home and that just reinforces their belief.
So true!

Goofyernmost

What she said. X2
Actually, in 2010 there was a 10" snow storm the day after Christmas (actually, started shortly after midnight the next day. So there was one that was much worse back then. I don't think you can have more then one "storm of the century". On the plus side the temperature hit 50 the next day and most was gone by the end of that day. This year we are supposed to stay cold longer, so the snow will stay longer.

Disclaimer: This is in the greater Raleigh area. I don't know about the rest of the state, I didn't live here then I was just visiting for Christmas that year. That is when I made my final decision to move down here. I don't like snow, but, I can deal with it a few days a year. Not 6 months of white cover. I start to feel the color (or for all our Canandian friends, colour) cones in my eyes get dormant from only seeing white in all directions. I loved the NC one. I was the only one on highways of 5 or 6 lanes. Billions of dollars worth of highway, just for me. That was an eventful 6 or so months. The snowstorm in December, Tornado in the Raleigh area on the very day that I was moving here. A summer of continuous over 100 degree heat for three weeks with Hurricane Sandy practically wiping out the Outer Banks and a earthquake just a few hundred miles away that made it a little shaky here. After that everything calmed down until recently. So far we have had two hurricanes and now another storm of the century in the last 4 months.

It sure is comforting to know that there is no climate change happening, otherwise I would be in a panic.

wdwfan4ver

Yikes. :facepalm: Hope that gets worked out in your favor. Actually, I've never heard of that happening before, but anything is possible - might have been a glitch in the ordering system.
I hope so too. I don't think it is a glitch, but human error on the side of the people putting the concert tickets in envelopes.

The tickets were ordered in September and email message for buying the tickets is your receipt. The email even gives the location of the seat you ordered. The catch is the people responsible for the distributing the tickets don't send them out by post office before 4 weeks the concert happens.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom