The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

If you're not worried about how "healthy" they are just sub in Bob's 1 to 1 for the flour, sub butter with Earth Balance, sub regular shortening with Spectrum's. Wegman's has vegan/sugar free chocolate chips, stevia in place of sugar but add a bit of moisture or see if your library has
View attachment 332014View attachment 332015View attachment 332016. That's just the beginning
Wish I knew Wegman’s had sugar free and dairy free chips Wednesday when dh was there. For next time then. Thanks!:)

Goofyernmost

Yah, got an email from my bro down there in NC -- peeps are bracing for the storm. He smiles about it, having been through many biggies up here for all the years he lived in New England. In his area the side streets don't exactly get plowed in a timely manner, like up here. He said they might go through once, and then kinda let the rest of it melt. One time, he couldn't drive out for 2 days. :p
Yup, they don't have a clue down here. Up north we have people out clearing roads during the middle of a nor'easter, down here the highway people aren't allowed to go out until the roads are basically passable. The primary combative measure is to spray brine on the roads in one inch strips about 6 inches apart. They do that two days before the storm gets here. The thing is that down hear because of the warmer climate the ground doesn't freeze and it takes a while for transition to snow to happen so, the brine gets washed off the road before the freezing temperatures even get here. Most of the interstate highways will clear themselves quickly, but, that leaves the bridges to freeze up, If I had a tow truck I would just position myself at the end of a bridge and wait for the wrecks to come to me. Oh, yea.. what they do about ice on the bridges is force traffic off the exit at the bridge and cross back up on the other side of the bridge when all it would take is a couple of guys with a shovel and a pickup filled with sand to make the bridges safe again. Ya gotta love it.

That said, even though I am looking out right now on at least 4 inches of snow (an amount that will probably shut down commerce for at least 3 days and fill up every body shop in the area up with 3 months worth of work). They never think of investing more money in possible snow removal. I guess realistically it isn't needed all that much. No one seems to mind that they can't get to work and right now in the middle of the Christmas buying season, the malls are closed. If it were just for a day, that wouldn't be terrible, but, chances are it will extend beyond that. Thus the reason for late night Walmart runs just before a storm.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Hope you stay safe and warm during another “Storm of the Century”, @93boomer and @Goofyernmost.
Even though I am one of the few that knows how to drive in snow, I have no place to be so I am going to honker down and maybe wrap some Christmas present, (bah,humbug) which I hate doing and unless the building collapses under the weight of four inches of snow, I should be OK.

93boomer

Premium Member
Yup, they don't have a clue down here. Up north we have people out clearing roads during the middle of a nor'easter, down here the highway people aren't allowed to go out until the roads are basically passable. The primary combative measure is to spray brine on the roads in one inch strips about 6 inches apart. They do that two days before the storm gets here. The thing is that down hear because of the warmer climate the ground doesn't freeze and it takes a while for transition to snow to happen so, the brine gets washed off the road before the freezing temperatures even get here. Most of the interstate highways will clear themselves quickly, but, that leaves the bridges to freeze up, If I had a tow truck I would just position myself at the end of a bridge and wait for the wrecks to come to me. Oh, yea.. what they do about ice on the bridges is force traffic off the exit at the bridge and cross back up on the other side of the bridge when all it would take is a couple of guys with a shovel and a pickup filled with sand to make the bridges safe again. Ya gotta love it.

That said, even though I am looking out right now on at least 4 inches of snow (an amount that will probably shut down commerce for at least 3 days and fill up every body shop in the area up with 3 months worth of work). They never think of investing more money in possible snow removal. I guess realistically it isn't need all that much. No one seems to mind that they can't get to work and right now in the middle of the Christmas buying season, the malls are closed. If it were just for a day, that wouldn't be terrible, but, chances are it will extend beyond that. Thus the reason for late night Walmart runs just before a storm.
My Dd complains every time it snows down there. With her being from the mountains, she knows how to drive in the snow. Down there, no one has a clue. They panic with an inch of snow. It’s hilarious!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom