The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

View attachment 331918 The dollar store was more pleasant and yet more crowded today
Since there is a threat of a snow storm around here for tomorrow into Monday, Walmart was packed tonight. They got to get that bread and milk. One oddity that I found was that, as usual with impending problems the bottled water aisle was picked fairly clean, however I needed distilled water for something other then storm related and they were cleaned out of distilled but had a few hundred gallons of spring water left. Could it be that many people feel that with a snow storm a comin that they should steam iron something to look good when they fall in the snow? After all these years I still don't have a clue about humans or how they got to the top of the food chain.

Last edited:

Rista1313

I have about a dozen stockings to fill, and yup wrap everything in them. Have I mentioned my petition to make the days between now and the end of the year36 hours each

Well that beats me... I got most of the big packages wrapped today... and hubby's stocking stuffers while he was away. So now I just have 4 more stocking stuffers and a couple of presents left to go. And one of my Santa bags is missing (what we use for stockings because I buy too much) so one of the boys is in big trouble for not getting it back to me! I know which one is missing, so I know which boy... maybe that means he shouldn't get anything for stocking stuff this year!

I made some quick microwave peanut butter fudge this morning for hubby to take over to his friends house today... and luckily not all of it fit in the container ;)

Hubby told me I never ask for anything "Fun" for xmas... so I told him I wanted a laptop. So we just ordered one tonight... woot.. new toy! I really stalled on it though... I don't NEED it... but what clinched it for me is hubby said... you'll be sorry when that computer you're using dies. And he's right... I got it used for free from a gal in my knitting group about 8 years ago. It's an All in One. It still works great.. but will it forever?

Cesar R M

So.. finally seen Avengers..Infinity Wars

And christ. I was seriously disappointed.

My comments...
It has to be the most dumbastic movie I've ever seen in my whole life plot wise.

The whole thing is a comically bad crap stained writing job. Where all characters in some ways have to act in the most stupidest possible way to cause the effect the writer wanted to make to force advance the plot.

Most of the "dramatic" scenes felt incredible forced and dumb in some ways I could even fathom..

Yes, the effects were amazing, the characters too ( Groot, Rocket, The special effects and fights ) but the plot.. omg..
The writer.. really.. all characters.. behaving in such stupid ways.. to make forced mistakes.. to make Thanos win somehow...

Worse when heroes have the win card and they stupidly and arrogantly act like a villain.. stopping to deliver the final blow when its needed to mock down Thanos just to be up handed by him and his Infinity Gauntlet.
No seriously.... most of the movie is Thanos being a bullet and punch sponge until the Heroes do some idiotic thing that makes them lose and Thanos wins.
Its almost like the movie was written and narrated by Thanos. Making Thanos look like a tragic hero of some way and the Heroes the villains.
This level of writing was akin of some low budged terror movie where the characters make the most illogical and dumbastic things one can think.. and specially out of character.. just to advance the plot and get the characters moved, killed or other things..

If it wasnt for the good action scenes, the comedy bits and the graphics.. Id give Avengers Infinity Stone a 2 out of 10 or less.
To resume, this movie doesnt hold a candle to The Winter Soldier, Avengers 1 or Guardians of the Galaxy.
or in DC's case.. Nolan's Batman and Wonder Woman.

MySmallWorldof4

Well that beats me... I got most of the big packages wrapped today... and hubby's stocking stuffers while he was away. So now I just have 4 more stocking stuffers and a couple of presents left to go. And one of my Santa bags is missing (what we use for stockings because I buy too much) so one of the boys is in big trouble for not getting it back to me! I know which one is missing, so I know which boy... maybe that means he shouldn't get anything for stocking stuff this year!

I made some quick microwave peanut butter fudge this morning for hubby to take over to his friends house today... and luckily not all of it fit in the container ;)

Hubby told me I never ask for anything "Fun" for xmas... so I told him I wanted a laptop. So we just ordered one tonight... woot.. new toy! I really stalled on it though... I don't NEED it... but what clinched it for me is hubby said... you'll be sorry when that computer you're using dies. And he's right... I got it used for free from a gal in my knitting group about 8 years ago. It's an All in One. It still works great.. but will it forever?
Congratulations on the new laptop. Amazed that the other one has lasted so long.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Since there is a threat of a snow storm around here for tomorrow into Monday, Walmart was packed tonight. They got to get that bread and milk. One oddity that I found was that, as usual with impending problems the bottled water aisle was picked fairly clean, however I needed distilled water for something other then storm related and they were cleaned out of distilled but had a few hundred gallons of spring water left. Could it be that many people feel that with a snow storm a comin that they should steam iron something to look good when they fall in the snow? After all these years I still don't have a clue about humans or how they got to the top of the food chain.

Yah, got an email from my bro down there in NC -- peeps are bracing for the storm. He smiles about it, having been through many biggies up here for all the years he lived in New England. In his area the side streets don't exactly get plowed in a timely manner, like up here. He said they might go through once, and then kinda let the rest of it melt. One time, he couldn't drive out for 2 days. :p

Figgy1

Lots of housework. I finally cleaned out the closet in my bedroom. Been putting it off for months. Took a few hours. Then I made some lasagne and scalloped potatoes. Looking for some vegan gluten free Christmas cookie recipes.
If you're not worried about how "healthy" they are just sub in Bob's 1 to 1 for the flour, sub butter with Earth Balance, sub regular shortening with Spectrum's. Wegman's has vegan/sugar free chocolate chips, stevia in place of sugar but add a bit of moisture or see if your library has
1544350332614.png1544350383745.png1544350623218.png. That's just the beginning

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Just recalled that I got rid of one of the light strings for the tree, last year. I'll buy a replacement string this morning at Walgreens, I guess. Because it will be newer than the others, it might be a bit brighter compared to the other 2 strings. But I figure that I can pawn off my explanation, that it's a special effect -- brighter and duller lights working together in my elaborate display. :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom