The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

21stamps

Awww. Yay! He has very nice handwriting. His list is pretty small. My ds' list was small too, just 5 things. Sadly one of the items was a VR system that cost $400. :eek:

He did say “oh I forgot to write Juventus, Real Madrid and FC Cincinnati clothes!” on the way home. With the absemse of the Toys R Is book, and because he doesn’t watch much tv, so doesn’t see commercials, he was really at a loss this year. He did see the Nintendo Labo commercial (on his Switch), but I did tell him that Santa can’t bring 3 video games. T is only allowed a couple hours per week on the Switch, there’s no way he would have time for 3 new games... so I’m not sure what I will do there. It’s the bulk of his list.

Ouch on the $400 VR game! I looked at a SW lightsaber VR game for T, but only a fraction of that price.. decided against it because looks like it requires a cell phone to operate. I’m completely ignorant on this VR stuff, and most video game stuff in general.

Do you have any good suggestions for science kits or STEM toys in general? I’ll probably get a science subscription to Little Passports (we’ve done the World edition and are on the US edition now). I’m also thinking of throwing in some tickets to the Indianapolis Children’s Museum for 12/26. Besides that, I probably do my norm of Hobby Lobby and Micheals should have some kits.

I did laugh at ‘Uno the card game’ being first on his list.lol. He hasn’t requested any big ticket items this year.

21stamps

I should announce that I totally went against all of my beliefs, and ordered something on Amazon. :(

I purchased 2 Amazon Echos for my mom and dad, and also 4 smart outlets. It was a one time order, and I’m not going to fall into the trap of ordering anything else! I think the Echos will help them and add a lot of convenience, especially for my mom and her memory problems.. and with my dad’s upcoming surgery a smart light switch should help him stay seated.

I also bought a Sephora perfume sampler for my mom (in store, not online).. I’ve given her this set every year for several years now.lol. To the women here- might want to put in on your lists for husband or kiddos to get for you.
It’s a great value. There’s some not-so-Great fragrances in there.. but most are really good. Chloe and Flower Bomb are both included this year.. you can exchange the certificate for a $110 bottle. I think it’s a great way to try new fragrances, or even save money on an existing one.

Last edited:

93boomer

Premium Member
Speaking of sweet, well mannered, and neglected :rolleyes: , guess what 4-legged creature was caught in the act of stealing, Saturday night? For dinner, there were to be tacos, and I had a head of iceberg lettuce upon the counter. Stepped away for a few minutes and came back, only to witness my head of lettuce being tossed around like a ball on the kitchen floor, by said dog! I yelled at him and he then ripped some lettuce off and ran away with it. :banghead:
🤣🤣

Figgy1

Premium Member
He did say “oh I forgot to write Juventus, Real Madrid and FC Cincinnati clothes!” on the way home. With the absemse of the Toys R Is book, and because he doesn’t watch much tv, so doesn’t see commercials, he was really at a loss this year. He did see the Nintendo Labo commercial (on his Switch), but I did tell him that Santa can’t bring 3 video games. T is only allowed a couple hours per week on the Switch, there’s no way he would have time for 3 new games... so I’m not sure what I will do there. It’s the bulk of his list.

Ouch on the $400 VR game! I looked at a SW lightsaber VR game for T, but only a fraction of that price.. decided against it because looks like it requires a cell phone to operate. I’m completely ignorant on this VR stuff, and most video game stuff in general.

Do you have any good suggestions for science kits or STEM toys in general? I’ll probably get a science subscription to Little Passports (we’ve done the World edition and are on the US edition now). I’m also thinking of throwing in some tickets to the Indianapolis Children’s Museum for 12/26. Besides that, I probably do my norm of Hobby Lobby and Micheals should have some kits.

I did laugh at ‘Uno the card game’ being first on his list.lol. He hasn’t requested any big ticket items this year.
https://www.fatbraintoys.com/toys/t...2017&msclkid=15ecf2b6c03f1ebf9667aeb385982aab
My boys still play UNO I can't tell you how many decks we've gone through over the years.

Figgy1

Premium Member
awesome... I haven't touch my sewing machine in almost 2.5 years. Prior to that I made project bags for knitters for 3 years.. and I'm still burnt out because it was so successful!
Thank you. One year I did a 2 days craft fair and sold painted Christmas ornaments. Long story short I had ones with penguins the week after Happy Feet came out. I got no sleep for almost 2 days hated those birds for a while

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom