The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
Really? Never seen anything like this but boy it would be useful during a power outage up here 'cause I can always boil water. How is it compared to other methods of brewing? Cost?

File this under learn something every day.
I have an old fashioned percolator that got us through the week after Sandy. I'm almost certain it's a Coleman. A French Press would also be a good option if you lose power. I love the coffee from it, cleaning it not so much

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yes Jack! Sweet, well mannered and neglected Jack! I can't imagine who'd get him a preprogrammed phone:angelic:

Speaking of sweet, well mannered, and neglected :rolleyes: , guess what 4-legged creature was caught in the act of stealing, Saturday night? For dinner, there were to be tacos, and I had a head of iceberg lettuce upon the counter. Stepped away for a few minutes and came back, only to witness my head of lettuce being tossed around like a ball on the kitchen floor, by said dog! I yelled at him and he then ripped some lettuce off and ran away with it. :banghead:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Speaking of sweet, well mannered, and neglected :rolleyes: , guess what 4-legged creature was caught in the act of stealing, Saturday night? For dinner, there were to be tacos, and I had a head of iceberg lettuce upon the counter. Stepped away for a few minutes and came back, only to witness my head of lettuce being tossed around like a ball on the kitchen floor, by said dog! I yelled at him and he then ripped some lettuce off and ran away with it. :banghead:
He was just letting you know iceberg is the least nutritious lettuce and you need to up your lettuce game;)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Winterfest also had a horse drawn carriage ride this year.. $40. T wanted to skip ice skating tonight and do that instead. I thought, ‘ok it will be a nice ride around probably 2 or 3 sections of the park’ (each area is different themes)..
NOPE. The horse literally goes up a block, turns around, and goes immediately back. It lasted maybe 10 minutes.:mad:
One and Done on that activity.

View attachment 330203View attachment 330204View attachment 330205

The Blue Hot Chocolate and S’mores Hot Chocolate were both delicious! (Good thing as they were $7 each :cautious: )

We went “tubing” down a slide, took a ‘12 days of Christmas’ train ride, and shopped for a few ornaments and decorations at another new area which is all local vendors selling their crafts- I’m thrilled with this addition... And we met some fairies and Jack Frost..and T entered into a TV ;)

View attachment 330206View attachment 330209View attachment 330207

We also found Charlie Brown’s Christmas Tree. :)

View attachment 330208
View attachment 330202
View attachment 330211
View attachment 330210

All in all it was a fun evening.. even the rip off carriage ride.

My kiddo still believes!!!!

Those photos are precious. You two do a lot of fun activities together! :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
He was just letting you know iceberg is the least nutritious lettuce and you need to up your lettuce game;)

I can assure you that "my" needs were never in his dog mind--it was a crime of opportunity for him, and nothing more than that!! (He's made off with some strange things in the past, but I never would have suspected that a head of iceberg lettuce would be appealing to him.)

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
He was doing you a favour ... with the recent scares you can't be too carefull with lettuce

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom