The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MouseDreaming

2 topics on my mind. They are extremely different so feel free to just pick one and ignore the other if only one interests you....

#1 What do YOU do when you've been married to someone for a long time and now it is once again gift buying season and you can't think of anything to get your spouse? o_O
#2 Last night and now again at 10am this morning my family hears "boom, boom, boom" and the house seems to "shake" just the tiniest bit.
My wife's theory is that since Lakehurst NJ is 13 miles from our home and there is a military base there... She says: "I bet the military is doing some training practices".
Is that possible that the military is causing the "booms" and the vibrations to be heard and felt 13 miles away?Could be true :) If yes, I can't imagine what the people who live 3 miles outside the base experience.
It is funny you should mention those booms. I remember hearing them when I lived in Toms River. It would shake the whole house, and always came in twos or threes, as I remember. My mom would tell me they were sonic booms from training exercises over there. I couldn't tell you if it was true, or just something to make me feel better.

MouseDreaming

We were shopping at a store today to get a gift for a 9 year old girl. Yet before we made it to the appropriate section for that gift, my wife stopped to admire (and desire) a Christmas Nutcracker figurine. A tall handsome dude. She looked at the price and put it back. I could return to that store and get it.....but if pjs and a spa certificate then it might not be needed. She HAS chosen her own gifts numerous times. So far no. She has a "women's surgery" on Dec 10th so Christmas prep takes on an urgency a little earlier than usual.
Hope her surgery goes well.

Cesar R M

Funny thing is, the guy sold youngest DD the correct parts, but, pulled the wrong ones off the shelf... :cyclops:
The correct front brake pads were part #MKD1159A, and he pulled #MKD1159...the correct rotors were part #41232, and he pulled #41132... :facepalm::hilarious:

All in all, it still makes me chuckle more than anything, but, hopefully :cautious:;), it’s all sorted now, and I have no more incorrect part issues... :cyclops:;):)
you sure he's not dyslexic or something?

SteveBrickNJ

It is funny you should mention those booms. I remember hearing them when I lived in Toms River. It would shake the whole house, and always came in twos or threes, as I remember. My mom would tell me they were sonic booms from training exercises over there. I couldn't tell you if it was true, or just something to make me feel better.
Yes I agree that the booms and the mild house shaking they came in twos or threes. Toms River is closer to Lakehurst than I am....although I am on the southern part of Brick and only a 1/2 mile from the Silverton section of Toms River. As I said before, I can't imagine what the people who live only 3 miles from the base experience!:eek:

donaldtoo

you sure he's not dyslexic or something?

No clue.
But, even if he was, it would obviously be a problem he would be well familiar with by this time in his life, and all he would need to do is just verify the part numbers with a manager or another associate.
There’s no excuse for sending my DD home with 2 out of 3 parts being incorrect when it is so simple to take a few seconds to verify, especially when she gave them all her correct vehicle info.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom