The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Just bought a $3 can of doubleshot espresso....this stuff better work because it is only 6.5 fl oz and I am struggling today.

giphy.gif

Hope you made it through that day.

Keep an watchful eye on that stuff though. My DS is about your age and it started to mess with his Heart Rate and Blood Pressure, way too young for that. He is below his average weight for his age and never misses cardio or weights everyday, it didn't take much to figure out what was messing with his heart rate. Ended when he stopped drinking the stuff. Sleep is a wondrous thing.

Gabe1

not bad, reminds me of my earlier drawings before I got the hang of digital.

Here is one of my latest ones..
Been testing my new Huion 220 V2 (which is a Wacom Cintiq 22 replacement, which I got on black friday for 80% discount plus 150 USD amazon return price)

Nice!!! :inlove:

Gabe1

We were shopping at a store today to get a gift for a 9 year old girl. Yet before we made it to the appropriate section for that gift, my wife stopped to admire (and desire) a Christmas Nutcracker figurine. A tall handsome dude. She looked at the price and put it back. I could return to that store and get it.....but if pjs and a spa certificate then it might not be needed. She HAS chosen her own gifts numerous times. So far no. She has a "women's surgery" on Dec 10th so Christmas prep takes on an urgency a little earlier than usual.

Blurg! :(

Will keep her in my thoughts. {{{HUGS}}} flying her way.

Gabe1

It seems like we keep coming out with new and improved ways to teach, but the outcome doesn’t appear to be an improved education. We as a society are really struggling...

Couldn't have said this better.

My DD is currently in grad school-engineering. She looks at the methodology of teaching math currently at the current levels of early on education Has a genuine fear for these students transitioning into higher level fields that need a strong math background. Her undergrad was a double major in mathematics and statistics out of U of I. Her fear too is the struggling future students that are currently a human experiment. Her current professors are not going down that common core ramp and not likely to change at the higher level to compensate for unique districts. What will happen to these students from Districts that have gone down that fork in the road a few years from now? There is going to be a lot of struggling. :banghead:

Gabe1

Yes, that would be Jeeter Bend, that has all the lit-up homes. About half the street on both sides is set up with a coordinated light show, projections, etc. It’s quite impressive!
The ice-skating rink is pretty interesting...it’s painted wood, I think. The tree wasn’t there last year—they had “snoap” (snow made of soap bubbles) on the ground instead. The tree is so pretty; I’m glad they put it up instead of the snoap.😊

Now I want to make a side trip to see this. Do you know how late at night the light show goes?

Gabe1

Evening everyone! Semi Lazy day today.. as DH and I still aren't feeling good... we did go to Duluth Trading co today. DH found a winter coat he wanted for his Xmas present. So that's done!

I've yet to go into Duluth. Duluth was a chunk of my first career...didn't enjoy my time there over the years....sometimes I guess it is all in the Name.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Wish me luck lots of chopping and cooking to do today. On the menu chicken soup, cranberry sauce, Japanese stew, hummus and veggies to go with, tangerine rice, veggie soup and with luck muffins. I was hoping to get to key chains today. Oh well maybe tomorrow when I get home

Figgy1

Premium Member
Couldn't have said this better.

My DD is currently in grad school-engineering. She looks at the methodology of teaching math currently at the current levels of early on education Has a genuine fear for these students transitioning into higher level fields that need a strong math background. Her undergrad was a double major in mathematics and statistics out of U of I. Her fear too is the struggling future students that are currently a human experiment. Her current professors are not going down that common core ramp and not likely to change at the higher level to compensate for unique districts. What will happen to these students from Districts that have gone down that fork in the road a few years from now? There is going to be a lot of struggling. :banghead:
1543740092930.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom