The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

SteveBrickNJ

2 topics on my mind. They are extremely different so feel free to just pick one and ignore the other if only one interests you....

#1 What do YOU do when you've been married to someone for a long time and now it is once again gift buying season and you can't think of anything to get your spouse? o_O
#2 Last night and now again at 10am this morning my family hears "boom, boom, boom" and the house seems to "shake" just the tiniest bit.
My wife's theory is that since Lakehurst NJ is 13 miles from our home and there is a military base there... She says: "I bet the military is doing some training practices".
Is that possible that the military is causing the "booms" and the vibrations to be heard and felt 13 miles away?Could be true :) If yes, I can't imagine what the people who live 3 miles outside the base experience.

Last edited:

MySmallWorldof4

2 topics on my mind. They are extremely different so feel free to just pick one and ignore the other if only one interests you....

#1 What do YOU do when you've been married to someone for a long time and now it is once again gift buying season and you can't think of anything to get your spouse? o_O
#2 Last night and now again at 10am this morning my family hears "boom, boom, boom" and the house seems to "shake" just the tiniest bit.
My wife's theory is that since Lakehurst NJ is 13 miles from our home and there is a military base there... She says: "I bet the military is doing some training practices".
Is that possible that the military is causing the "booms" and the vibrations to be heard and felt 13 miles away? If yes, I can't imagine what the people who live 3 miles outside the base experience.
On topic #2, your wife is probably correct. We live about 13 miles or so away from a military depot and we can hear when they destroy old munitions.
On topic 1, oof.

SteveBrickNJ

Ah ha. Destroying old munitions is a plausible explanation. Thanks!
Not sure if "oof" is all that helpful LOL :D:happy:
My wife doesn't really wear (very often) the jewelry gifts that I've gotten her in the past that were around the $200 range.....yet if I bought something really nice(meaning expensive) she'd sincerely criticize me for spending too much..."we need that money for other things".
She likes to select her own clothes. She likes and owns every kitchen gadget on the earth. Sigh.....
It is just an annual struggle for me ;)

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member

Is that possible that the military is causing the "booms" and the vibrations to be heard and felt 13 miles away? If yes, I can't imagine what the people who live 3 miles outside the base experience.

1, Not a frying pan

Cesar R M

I drew this with my Surface. Considering that I can't draw, I'm very proud.
View attachment 329570
not bad, reminds me of my earlier drawings before I got the hang of digital.

Here is one of my latest ones..
Been testing my new Huion 220 V2 (which is a Wacom Cintiq 22 replacement, which I got on black friday for 80% discount plus 150 USD amazon return price)
2018-10_TMNT_ChristmasWishes_Michelangelo.jpg

Last edited:

MySmallWorldof4

My wife doesn't really wear (very often) the jewelry gifts that I've gotten her in the past that were around the $200 range.....yet if I bought something really nice(meaning expensive) she'd sincerely criticize me for spending too much..."we need that money for other things".
She likes to select her own clothes. She likes and owns every kitchen gadget on the earth. Sigh.....
It is just an annual struggle for me ;)
She sounds like me. I am practical when it comes to gifts. Spend money on the kids and not me. Maybe just take her for a nice dinner? Or theater tickets to something she would like to see?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom