The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
View attachment 329569

giphy.gif
It seems like we keep coming out with new and improved ways to teach, but the outcome doesn’t appear to be an improved education. We as a society are really struggling...

Songbird76

Very cute. My dh won’t wear anything like that. Love that you can!
Funny story. When I moved over here, it was November, so close to Christmas. We lived with my in-laws and my MIL and I went to the market in the city square every friday to buy vegetables and flowers, and then we'd go for coffee/hot chocolate at this cafe that was right off the square. Over here, when things are busy, it's not uncommon for people to ask you if they can join you at your table if there are empty seats. Kind of like in the German pavilion, where you'll be seated with another family to maximize the number of people they can accommodate. So I was wearing my Christmas shirt....it's red and has a Christmas tree on it, but it's not your typical "ugly sweater" type shirt. But it was SO embarassing to my MIL, who kept telling me I couldn't wear that shirt because no Dutch person would ever wear such a thing!! So of course I wore it as often as it was clean, just because she was always trying to take control of my wardrobe and tell me what I could and couldn't wear, according to "Dutch" standards. This pair of ladies came up and asked if they could please sit with us as there were no other seats in the place. My MIL immediately explains to them that I'm wearing this shirt because I'm American and that's what we wear at Christmas. She had to explain to every person she saw....then there was a woman who came up and said "Oh, I just love your shirt!!" and my MIL says "You must be American." :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Now the "ugly sweaters" are ALL over the place in every store, and people are wearing them left and right. I still wear that shirt when we visit my in-laws at this time of year, just because I know she really doesn't approve. :angelic: She thinks they are so unstylish and can't understand why anyone would choose to wear one.:p

Last edited:

MySmallWorldof4

Funny story. When I moved over here, it was November, so close to Christmas. We lived with my in-laws and my MIL and I went to the market in the city square every friday to buy vegetables and flowers, and then we'd go for coffee/hot chocolate at this cafe that was right off the square. Over here, when things are busy, it's not uncommon for people to ask you if they can join you at your table if there are empty seats. Kind of like in the German pavilion, where you'll be seated with another family to maximize the number of people they can accommodate. So I was wearing my Christmas shirt....it's read and has a Christmas tree on it, but it's not your typical "ugly sweater" type shirt. But it was SO embarassing to my MIL, who kept telling me I couldn't wear that shirt because no Dutch person would ever wear such a thing!! So of course I wore it as often as it was clean, just because she was always trying to take control of my wardrobe and tell me what I could and couldn't wear, according to "Dutch" standards. This pair of ladies came up and asked if they could please sit with us as there were no other seats in the place. My MIL immediately explains to them that I'm wearing this shirt because I'm American and that's what we wear at Christmas. She had to explain to every person she saw....then there was a woman who came up and said "Oh, I just love your shirt!!" and my MIL says "You must be American." :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Now the "ugly sweaters" are ALL over the place in every store, and people are wearing them left and right. I still wear that shirt when we visit my in-laws at this time of year, just because I know she really doesn't approve. :angelic: She thinks they are so unstylish and can't understand why anyone would choose to wear one.:p
:hilarious: I had a great aunt and uncle in Montreal when I was a kid. I went to visit them in the summer, and I remember my great aunt telling me not to speak English on the bus because the French Canadiens didn’t approve. :rolleyes: Considering I didn’t speak French, I had no idea how I was to communicate. This was back in maybe ‘80 or ‘81.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom