The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MouseDreaming

I question if you would have even liked this particular snow storm. It started as rain then ice pellets for hours. Moved onto slush and then to huge and heavy snow flakes. A wet snow. It went down overnight to low 20s. At dawn it stopped. It was a foot deep but likely more cause it compacted into the slush below. You could walk on top of the snow it was to heavy to lift and you couldn't get the shovel down to the sidewalk anyhow or break it loose to clear. The cars were encased in ice and slush then frozen snow. It took hours to get snow and ice off the cars mainly by letting them run and warm spots to try and budge it. Kid just took an Uber to work.

The plow finally came here and plowed the driveway. To exit it is down hill so even with my 4x4 it was too risky cause if I couldn’t stop on the ice I’d hit the barn.

A bad first of the season sticking snow. Schools were closed so these kids have been off school since November 17th for Thanksgiving Break. Now it’s is going to get real cold so the crunchy snow and ice will be with us a while

But you’d likely enjoy looking at it more than being one with it.

View attachment 328547View attachment 328548View attachment 328549View attachment 328550View attachment 328551View attachment 328552View attachment 328553View attachment 328554View attachment 328555

Blurg! You'd swear these were Black & White Photos. :(:cautious::coldfeet::cold:
Yes, this one has been awful. The wind is crazy. We were lucky to keep electricity. A lot of people have been out since Sunday. I look outside, and the service line to my house is very weighed down with the snow. It was a good thing we didn't have school, as shoveling the drive was an all day job. It is so heavy, with icy stuff packed under, that you had to do it in short shifts. And I still haven't been able to get through to ComEd about the limb that fell, but is caught on an electric line. And in case you were wondering...Oh look! More snow! Grumble,grumble.

Figgy1

DD finally found someone to take her Black Friday shopping, because there is no way this mom is doing that. Her friend and friend's mom, who do this every year, though not so "early", picked her up 10:45 Thursday night. They hit the mall, too crazy. Went to Kohls and stood in line for 45 minutes. They gave up, because in that time, the line moved about one foot. So, DD has come to appreciate her mother's dislike of Black Friday. She has decided that, maybe, she is more of a Cyber Monday kinda girl.
Next time have her go 4 to 7am;) We went to almost empty stores:joyfull:

Figgy1

Yes, this one has been awful. The wind is crazy. We were lucky to keep electricity. A lot of people have been out since Sunday. I look outside, and the service line to my house is very weighed down with the snow. It was a good thing we didn't have school, as shoveling the drive was an all day job. It is so heavy, with icy stuff packed under, that you had to do it in short shifts. And I still haven't been able to get through to ComEd about the limb that fell, but is caught on an electric line. And in case you were wondering...Oh look! More snow! Grumble,grumble.
Sympathy like stay safe and warm my friend

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
What are your plans with A for today @dryerlintfan ?
I hope @MOXOMUMD has a wonderful holiday. I tried to tag betty rose as well, but she didn't show up in a search!

Hi!! I actually didn't have her for turkey day! I started painting my room a fun happy color, took in a temporary foster dog, went on a hike, and I bought a puzzle!! Which of course I couldn't fully finish because said foster dog ate three pieces, lol

Hope everyone's turkey day was amazing!!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
@dryerlintfan , I hope you and A had a very nice Thanksgiving together. Also, I assume your dad is feeling better. Any plans for the holiday season?

No big plans. My mom comes to town this weekend though and will stay with me for a few days. We have our house decorated for christmas and I even bought the cutest hot cocoa mugs for us. A is all about presents and has pointed out literally everything in Target. I hope Santa is doing deadlifts, LOL.

93boomer

Premium Member
Hope you all enjoyed your Thanksgiving Dinners. :hungry:

We do fine dining for Thanksgiving, a running tradition for well over 30 years, even before I had kids. Last 10 years Harry Carray's. You order your meat on main dish and then there is a Side ROOM!!! Choice of 18.

The wine is a very nice dry Riesling.
DsqNy9KUUAA1XvK.jpg

So there is roasted to perfection Brussel Sprouts, mixed fresh veggies of sweet pepper, onion and Zucchini, Parmesan mashed potatoes, bread stuffing and a lightly creamed fresh corn. The carrots had to flow over to the meat plate 'cause there wasn't any more room on the side plate. There was also an orange/cranberry sauce and a gravy urn.
DsqNyVfV4AAq1Ug.jpg

And the star of the show a 18oz dry aged ribeye. Overflow, side of carrots and parsnips cooked perfectly.
DsqNjWHUcAEyayu.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tomorrow will be our beyond low key Black Friday Feast. There will be a few roasted chickens (not a fan of turkey) Polish smoked Kielbasa, green bean casserole, my Gran's Irish Stuffing, fresh sweet corn, buttered carrots, lime jello, Mac & Cheese, baby new potatoes roasted in garlic and herbs and Garlic & Chive Mashed Potatoes along with Cranberry Sauce and my awesome gravy.

I mean very low key. Everything gets served in GladWare and we eat from Chinette. This family tradition started when we had employers that gave us 'Gift' Turkeys. I'd make the Feast while the family decorated for Christmas the day after ThanksGiving. Now instead of decorating we slightly dabble in Black Friday in the afternoon and Feast in the evening.

Everything was prepped on Wednesday, chopped etc. Now all that remains to to mix the ingredients for Gran's Irish Stuffing and stir together the green bean casserole, everything else is oven ready, thank goodness for 2 ovens. Then I'm done cooking for the week I hope.
Trying to catch up. That looks amazing!! :hungry:

MySmallWorldof4

Hi!! I actually didn't have her for turkey day! I started painting my room a fun happy color, took in a temporary foster dog, went on a hike, and I bought a puzzle!! Which of course I couldn't fully finish because said foster dog ate three pieces, lol

Hope everyone's turkey day was amazing!!
Sounds like a fun day. Do you have a picture of your foster pup?

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Hope I haven't missed anything important. I skipped a whole bunch of pages. My eyes are blurry from eye drops. I had an eye appt this morning-not my annual. I had flashes of light and some new floaters show up yesterday. Nothing ended up torn- just old age. Not something I wanted to hear 4 days before my birthday. :banghead::banghead:
Happy 21st for Saturday.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom