The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
I question if you would have even liked this particular snow storm. It started as rain then ice pellets for hours. Moved onto slush and then to huge and heavy snow flakes. A wet snow. It went down overnight to low 20s. At dawn it stopped. It was a foot deep but likely more cause it compacted into the slush below. You could walk on top of the snow it was to heavy to lift and you couldn't get the shovel down to the sidewalk anyhow or break it loose to clear. The cars were encased in ice and slush then frozen snow. It took hours to get snow and ice off the cars mainly by letting them run and warm spots to try and budge it. Kid just took an Uber to work.

The plow finally came here and plowed the driveway. To exit it is down hill so even with my 4x4 it was too risky cause if I couldn’t stop on the ice I’d hit the barn.

A bad first of the season sticking snow. Schools were closed so these kids have been off school since November 17th for Thanksgiving Break. Now it’s is going to get real cold so the crunchy snow and ice will be with us a while

But you’d likely enjoy looking at it more than being one with it.

View attachment 328547View attachment 328548View attachment 328549View attachment 328550View attachment 328551View attachment 328552View attachment 328553View attachment 328554View attachment 328555

Blurg! You'd swear these were Black & White Photos. :(:cautious::coldfeet::cold:
Sympathy like, please tell me you're in until it's safe out there!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Good to hear. We had some high winds last night as well, as told by my dh. He said he woke every 20 to 30 minutes last night due to what sounded like banging against the siding. He thinks it was one of the screens of our windows.
Sympathy like. I'm taking a nap today and it's not optional. I figured out how much sleep I got the last 2 weeks or so:banghead:

MySmallWorldof4

Sorry about the flooding ours turned to carp at the very end and we have a light coating, Inside is good today
We are safe where we are. Only flooding we could ever get would be if a pipe burst in our house. Knock on wood that never happens, again. (Happened 6 years ago when a hose pipe burst. Oh it also happened when Sandy's wind and rain go under a seam in a gable and flooded our bedroom and ruined the newly installed wall to wall carpeting.) Hmm... ok, maybe I shouldn't say anything.

MouseDreaming

T just comes out of his bathroom..

“Mom.. mom... mommm.. come here please. Come see how nice I look! I’m totally ready!”

I stop messing with the cranberries and go to him.

He’s showered, dressed. ..And.... his hair is in a Mohawk!! A Mohawk slathered with So MUCH Product 😡😡😡😡😡😡

“TRISTAN ALEXANDER WHAT DID YOU DO?!”

He answers calmly..

“You tokd me to shower, get dressed, and do my hair. I did that.”

“Not in a Mohawk!!!! Get undressed. Get back in the shower. Start over!”

“Mom, listen. If you make me dress in fancy clothes, then it’s only fair that I get to choose my own hairstyle. My swag needs to come out somehow.”

“Get. Back. In. The. Shower. And. Wash. That. Product. Out. Of. Your. Hair. NOW.”

“But Mom...”

“Now.”

“You’re ruining my swagger!”

“I’m going to ruin a lot more than that if you don’t do what I say Right This Second.”

“Oh fineeeee. I don’t know why I need to look like I’m going to a palace. I’m not meeting a queen, Mom.”

“Now,Tristan.”

🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Do the teen years start at 8.5????????

This kid. His “palace clothes” are skinny pants, a vneck tee, and a sweater. 🙄

Where is my little boy???? Why do I feel like I’m becoming my parents?? :hilarious:
I bet he rocked that Mohawk. You have a long way to go until teen years. That is when, as a parent, you learn not to sweat the small stuff.

MouseDreaming

MouseDreaming

DD finally found someone to take her Black Friday shopping, because there is no way this mom is doing that. Her friend and friend's mom, who do this every year, though not so "early", picked her up 10:45 Thursday night. They hit the mall, too crazy. Went to Kohls and stood in line for 45 minutes. They gave up, because in that time, the line moved about one foot. So, DD has come to appreciate her mother's dislike of Black Friday. She has decided that, maybe, she is more of a Cyber Monday kinda girl.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom