The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
OK, we need a new law. Anyone that has a four day weekend is to go to Drivers Ed. before heading out on the highway. I had to go 21 miles this morning to Durham and there were four accidents on the road west bound and two more east bound. That created a I-40 parking lot for much of the way. An hour and a half later I arrived at my destination. Coming back took just a little under 20 minutes. I guess that all super highways need a no rubber necking lane to keep traffic moving.

:joyfull: Good one!!!
I burst out laughing reading this! It's true--people can't drive as it is, let alone on mobbed roads on a long holiday weekend. :p

As did I! :hilarious:

Gabe1

That's so bad I can't even sympathy like it. I have quite a few words but this being family friendly and all I can't list them. More ammo? Something stronger than wine?

Ammo and Wine would be perfect. Across the room is a nice dry (expensive) bottle of Riesling looking my way. I bought it for our Black Friday Feast but never got to it. Tempting.
:inlove:

wdwfan4ver

Holidays zap the strength out of a lot of people. You had some extra planning this time, with transporting the feast. Takes some extra energy to line up all your cards correctly on that undertaking. And then there's spending the day with the rellies . . . :facepalm:
Holidays isn't the only time with issues with the relatives. What I dealt with for my birthday parties when I was a kids with the relatives over was not the best of memories. My favorite birthday parties as a kid was the ones without the relatives for a reason.

All I am willing to say is back when I was kid my parents had my have 2 birthday parties on different dates. My parents had the relatives over for my birthday on the actually day I was born back when I was a kid.

Last edited:

Gabe1

It was pretty good - had a houseful for the week! It’s nice to have company, but it’s nice to have a quiet house again too!

Concur! :)
200w.webp

Gabe1

Holidays isn't the only time with issues with the relatives. What I dealt with for my birthday parties when I was a kids with the relatives over was not the best of memories. My favorite birthday parties as a kid was the ones without the relatives for a reason.

All I am willing to say is back when I was kid my parents had my have 2 birthday parties on different dates. My parents had the relatives over for my birthday on the actually date I was back when I was a kid.

That is exactly what we did. A kids party and Family one cause I could never inflict my inlaw family and most of their kids on friends. None of us like them not even the kids own father liked them and it was his family. We did away with those types of parties when my kids were young teens and actually younger than that for the daughter. Why do something you hate?

My families idea of a birthday celebration is taking you out to buy whatever you want as a gift and then taking you out for a nice meal-you choice of where.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom