The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

My parents are thinking about getting Echo dots and putting them throughout the house. There'd be about five of them throughout. We used to have an intercom system, but it hasn't worked for a while now, and my mom hates yelling through the house. So they're thinking about doing this so they can page the different Echos and then just patch the walls where the intercoms used to be.

My parents...they went from having dial up in 2008 to having a smart home in 2019.:hilarious:
Dont these devices keep listening 24/7?

Figgy1

Premium Member
I have to go into work in about an hour. I took a half day today, luckily my afternoon will consist of my prep and my student teacher teaching class. So I just have to observe and not fall asleep.

By the way when we picked up the dog from the boarding kennel she was super excited and squealed. When I took my shower she sat outside the bathroom door and whimpered and whinned. She hasn't left my side since. I think she missed me.
Poor baby somebody should get a steak for dinner;)

Figgy1

Premium Member
We had a great visit with our Dd, SIL and grand doggie! The vegan, gluten free meal was wonderful. The 3 meat eaters did have pork chops though! 😁We could not give up the meat!
Pictures of my sweet baby! ❤️He was so awesome this weekend. He loved the new pumpkin doggie treats I made him!
Dinner was pork chops, wild rice and mushrooms, Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes, and green bean casserole. We fried our own onion strips. I forgot the dessert. It was a pumpkin pie that was the best I have ever eaten!! When I get the recipe, I will share. View attachment 328361View attachment 328362
Yum and so cute:joyfull:

Figgy1

Premium Member
I took my new Surface to work. It has Windows Hello on it, meaning the camera activates and it recognizes me to unlock. Only, well...I wear glasses at work, but I typically don't need them as much at home. So I programmed it without the glasses. So with the glasses, it's like "Well, who are you!" And then I take off the glasses, and it's like, "Hello, gorgeous.":hilarious:
1543266428721.png

Songbird76

I have a love hate relationship with Thanksgiving. I love the prep, cooking, time with family and doing the last of the Christmas shopping:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:. I hate the exhaustion and migraine that always seems to follow:banghead: I fell asleep with a blanket over my head with Frozen on very low. Just waiting for round 2 of Tylenol to kick in
Sympathy like. I hope the tylenol worked. I've always loved the holidays, but I have to say I really don't like the rush of everything...it's so stressful. Poor DS can't take it. He's SO intensely sensitive to stimuli right now. We're riding our bikes home, and we come to a stoplight and he starts shouting that the stoplights are too bright. Then he's freaking out because the dog barking is sooooo loud. Then out of nowhere, he says "Mommy, is there a plane here?" and I had to listen really close, but he was right...we couldn't see it, but there was a sound from a plane somewhere. Between HIS birthday, Sinterklaas, MY birthday, my nephew's birthday, Christmas, his presentation this week for school, etc, it's just too much for him to process. So I can completely understand why you have a headache and you're exhausted...this time of year just does that to people! Feel better soon!

Songbird76

My guess is "misused" is supposed to be "missed". Probably a typo.
Oh that would make SO much more sense! I read it, and reread it, and it just didn't compute. Sometimes, my dyslexic brain just won't register things. I will get stuck on one word in a sentence and have to read that sentence 5 or 6 times before it clears and makes sense. And this was one of those that just wouldn't clear up! So frustrating when that happens. It makes me feel so stupid!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Sympathy like. I hope the tylenol worked. I've always loved the holidays, but I have to say I really don't like the rush of everything...it's so stressful. Poor DS can't take it. He's SO intensely sensitive to stimuli right now. We're riding our bikes home, and we come to a stoplight and he starts shouting that the stoplights are too bright. Then he's freaking out because the dog barking is sooooo loud. Then out of nowhere, he says "Mommy, is there a plane here?" and I had to listen really close, but he was right...we couldn't see it, but there was a sound from a plane somewhere. Between HIS birthday, Sinterklaas, MY birthday, my nephew's birthday, Christmas, his presentation this week for school, etc, it's just too much for him to process. So I can completely understand why you have a headache and you're exhausted...this time of year just does that to people! Feel better soon!
Sympathy like and thank you. The headache is gone but I'm tired. The last 2 weeks have been heck

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom