The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Rista1313

We went to Disneyland and played for the last day. Until 7 then we had to leave. We left for the airport 4 hours early because we heard that LAX was going to get slammed today. And we have had previous experience with Lax traffic. It took about an hour to get within about 2 miles to the airport then basically a dead stop for 30 minutes. Then we decided to walk the mile and a half with a bunch of other people along part of the freeway and road. Once we were through security we had about an hour and 45 before our flight! Currently we are waiting at the gate waiting to board soon (it’s about 10:45 pm here). I’m sure glad we left early!

And my husband wonders why I always want to leave for the airport early! THIS!

MySmallWorldof4

Do you ever use those foot size metal things in shoe depts.? Those might help with the sizing. However, I will say that different manufacturers seem to cut shoe sizes a little differently from one another. I know in my own experience, there are brands that fit me well and other brands seem way off in the sizing. So the only thing you can really do is just try a bunch of different brands until you find something that fits you well.
I bought a shoe measuring device a few years ago.

MySmallWorldof4

I have a love hate relationship with Thanksgiving. I love the prep, cooking, time with family and doing the last of the Christmas shopping:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:. I hare the exhaustion and migraine that always seems to follow:banghead: I fell asleep with a blanket over my head with Frozen on very low. Just waiting for round 2 of Tylenol to kick in
Sympathy like. Hope you feel a bit better now.

MySmallWorldof4

We went to Disneyland and played for the last day. Until 7 then we had to leave. We left for the airport 4 hours early because we heard that LAX was going to get slammed today. And we have had previous experience with Lax traffic. It took about an hour to get within about 2 miles to the airport then basically a dead stop for 30 minutes. Then we decided to walk the mile and a half with a bunch of other people along part of the freeway and road. Once we were through security we had about an hour and 45 before our flight! Currently we are waiting at the gate waiting to board soon (it’s about 10:45 pm here). I’m sure glad we left early!
That is crazy! I am guessing there are no direct flights to the Orange County airport.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Yikes! Glad you planned to leave early to get to the airport. Can't believe they let people walk along the side of the freeway! :jawdrop:
And my husband wonders why I always want to leave for the airport early! THIS!

Yep that’s why we leave early. There were some people running with their suitcase along the road.

Luckily our driver had taken us a back way to the airport so we only had a short stretch of freeway to walk. There was a pedestrian section on what we walked, so it must happen a lot. But the cars weren’t moving much anyway.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
That is crazy! I am guessing there are no direct flights to the Orange County airport.

We could have flown into Orange County but the direct flights were really early in the day and we wanted to stay longer at Disneyland. We might rethink that next time, although next time maybe we won’t be flying on one of the biggest travel days of the year. 🤨😃

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom