The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

21stamps

Your Thanksgiving food selections looked yummy!

Hubs and I had a prime rib dinner with salad and veggies. It was a nice restaurant, and they brought hot popovers to the table to start. :hungry: Oh, for dessert, I had pumpkin pie. There was so much food, and we took home a lot of the prime rib. There's enough for another 2 meals!! (P.S.: We also gave meat to some Jack, along with his dog food for dinner. He ate the prime rib, and left the dog food in the bowl!! HAHAHA!!!) :hilarious:

Sounds nice! Lol @ Jack!

MrMcDuck

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

It went well here. Only little hiccup was that our meal was supposed to be ready for pickup from the restaurant at 10:30 AM (it's one of those things where you finish everything in the oven/on the stove), but apparently they didn't schedule that well and they had so many orders that the line of cars went all the way down the main street and into a side road. They didn't get to putting our order in our trunk until just before noon. Thank goodness dinner wasn't until late afternoon!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

Hubs and I had a prime rib dinner with salad and veggies. It was a nice restaurant, and they brought hot popovers to the table to start. :hungry: Oh, for dessert, I had pumpkin pie. There was so much food, and we took home a lot of the prime rib. There's enough for another 2 meals!! (P.S.: We also gave meat to some Jack, along with his dog food for dinner. He ate the prime rib, and left the dog food in the bowl!! HAHAHA!!!) :hilarious:

Your meals sound relaxed and yummy! I’m glad Jack got a thanksgiving treat too.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR

Love ya Jack. :inlove:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Hope you all enjoyed your Thanksgiving Dinners. :hungry:

We do fine dining for Thanksgiving, a running tradition for well over 30 years, even before I had kids. Last 10 years Harry Carray's. You order your meat on main dish and then there is a Side ROOM!!! Choice of 18.

The wine is a very nice dry Riesling.
DsqNy9KUUAA1XvK.jpg

So there is roasted to perfection Brussel Sprouts, mixed fresh veggies of sweet pepper, onion and Zucchini, Parmesan mashed potatoes, bread stuffing and a lightly creamed fresh corn. The carrots had to flow over to the meat plate 'cause there wasn't any more room on the side plate. There was also an orange/cranberry sauce and a gravy urn.
DsqNyVfV4AAq1Ug.jpg

And the star of the show a 18oz dry aged ribeye. Overflow, side of carrots and parsnips cooked perfectly.
DsqNjWHUcAEyayu.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tomorrow will be our beyond low key Black Friday Feast. There will be a few roasted chickens (not a fan of turkey) Polish smoked Kielbasa, green bean casserole, my Gran's Irish Stuffing, fresh sweet corn, buttered carrots, lime jello, Mac & Cheese, baby new potatoes roasted in garlic and herbs and Garlic & Chive Mashed Potatoes along with Cranberry Sauce and my awesome gravy.

I mean very low key. Everything gets served in GladWare and we eat from Chinette. This family tradition started when we had employers that gave us 'Gift' Turkeys. I'd make the Feast while the family decorated for Christmas the day after ThanksGiving. Now instead of decorating we slightly dabble in Black Friday in the afternoon and Feast in the evening.

Everything was prepped on Wednesday, chopped etc. Now all that remains to to mix the ingredients for Gran's Irish Stuffing and stir together the green bean casserole, everything else is oven ready, thank goodness for 2 ovens. Then I'm done cooking for the week I hope.

21stamps

Remember the kid who’s mom keeps buying him almost everything that T has? Including soccer jerseys of teams he doesn’t watch?

Well, I just saw a photo on FB.. for Thanksgiving (which I never realized was a gift giving holiday).... he received (with a comment of “for Sunday’s game”)- the exact same soccer cleats as T received a few weeks ago. Which T wore to our indoor game last Sunday. We purposely go to a specialty soccer shop for T’s soccer shoes.. he chooses them based on what his favorite players wear during games. There is thought behind it on his end. I spend the money because he gets so excited about them. Also, I can always spot him on the field.. no joke, this is one of the main reasons why I don’t mind it.
So crazy that now his friend ends up with the exact same shoes.

Sorry to sound petty, especially on Thanksgiving.. but 😑 UGH. Why??

StarWarsGirl

Sure blame the poor little kitties:rolleyes: They should get some extra turkey for their troubles;)
They were having a wresting match on the bed. First, they wrestled. Then, Belle ended up on the floor. I was finally able to make the bed after the wrestling match. Belle laid on the floor while Jasmine laid on the bed. I finally picked Belle up, told her she was being completely ridiculous, and then put her back on the bed, across from Jasmine. Eventually, Jasmine moved close to Belle so they were only about three inches away from each other, and that is how they spent the day.

Figgy1

Yea Jack is getting 2 proper meals:joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom