The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Well, I pulled a stupid. I bought the Stitch Poncho weeks ago and they only had size extra small/small, but because it's a poncho, it fit. But I know I kept the receipt because I was thinking if they got another shipment in, I might be able to get a bigger size, and then I could return the smaller one. So yesterday, we were there, and they had size medium/large, and I tried it on, and it fits a little bit looser, so I bought it, thinking I could then return the small one next time were there. Only now I can not for the life of me find that receipt. I'm thinking it must have fallen on the floor and I tossed it without really realizing what it was. So now I'm stuck with an extra fuzzy Stitch poncho.

Is there any charity you could donate it to? With Christmas just around the corner maybe some child would like that as a gift. Is there a Toys for Tots type of program there? We have Toys for Tots around here but in our county there is a program called Christmas for Kids. The Christmas for Kids has clothing sizes as well as the toy the child wants.

Figgy1

Well, I pulled a stupid. I bought the Stitch Poncho weeks ago and they only had size extra small/small, but because it's a poncho, it fit. But I know I kept the receipt because I was thinking if they got another shipment in, I might be able to get a bigger size, and then I could return the smaller one. So yesterday, we were there, and they had size medium/large, and I tried it on, and it fits a little bit looser, so I bought it, thinking I could then return the small one next time were there. Only now I can not for the life of me find that receipt. I'm thinking it must have fallen on the floor and I tossed it without really realizing what it was. So now I'm stuck with an extra fuzzy Stitch poncho.
it might make a nice gift for one of your dd's friends if you don't find the receipt. Who wouldn't like a Stitch poncho;)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Wish me luck I only will have Wednesday to get all my food cooked for travel on Thursday:eek: At least the stuffing bread is baked:joyfull:

Meh, this is a piece of cake for you. You cook for an army all the time anyway, so all you have to do is just put it up in containers, and travel with it--easy peasey! :happy: (Now if it was me who had to cook all that stuff--it wouldn't happen. People would be ordering take-out on turkey day!!! :hilarious: )

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I went to the typical tourist trap areas lol. Actually bought something at the Disney store. Went to Macy's on 34th street for the first time (9 floors) :eek:, the tree was under construction and the second day of FAO Schwarz opening had a line down the block.

Yes, I heard that NYC had opened up a new FAO Schwartz up near Rockefeller Center. Glad they put that store back again--fun place, even if it's not on 5th Avenue, as the original was.

Figgy1

I went to the typical tourist trap areas lol. Actually bought something at the Disney store. Went to Macy's on 34th street for the first time (9 floors) :eek:, the tree was under construction and the second day of FAO Schwarz opening had a line down the block.
That sounds like a wonderful day but I can't believe you've never been to the 34th Street Macy's before. :eek: It's where the real santa hangs out;)

Figgy1

Meh, this is a piece of cake for you. You cook for an army all the time anyway, so all you have to do is just put it up in containers, and travel with it--easy peasey! :happy: (Now if it was me who had to cook all that stuff--it wouldn't happen. People would be ordering take-out on turkey day!!! :hilarious: )
Thank you but it will be a real challenge doing everything in one day. I usually have Tuesday and Wednesday for prep work and getting the make ahead items done. The upside is my mother inlaw has a turkey and will take care of that. She also said one day of canned cranberry sauce won't kill anybody, my dh begs to differ:banghead:

MySmallWorldof4

I feel like my son is setting me up...:cautious:

A few days ago I asked him when he was going to write a letter to Santa...

ā€œIā€™m going to skip a letter this year. I want him to surprise me.ā€

You donā€™t have anything you want to ask for?

ā€œNo, heā€™ll know what to bring me.ā€

????????????????
Uh oh. My 2 youngest still believe. Homeschooling does help a bit with this. Sometimes though, I think it would be easier to never have them believe because my 11 year old is so sensitive and will be crushed. Maybe you should just ask T straight up the reason for not wanting to make a list.

MySmallWorldof4

Is there any charity you could donate it to? With Christmas just around the corner maybe some child would like that as a gift. Is there a Toys for Tots type of program there? We have Toys for Tots around here but in our county there is a program called Christmas for Kids. The Christmas for Kids has clothing sizes as well as the toy the child wants.
I agree with this @Songbird76 .

MySmallWorldof4

So every year we get a family Christmas ornament. It is cool to see how our little family has increased in number over the years. I couldnā€™t wait to open our new one when it arrived yesterday. This is it.
B1F3CC96-4128-4E43-8CDF-D5F9C30E8F26.jpeg
Problem is, those arenā€™t our names. :hilarious: Apparently another family ordered the same ornament and the addresses got mixed up. The ornament company will send another at no charge and they told us to donate the other.

donaldtoo

Spent the day at DWifeys moms side of the family Thanksgiving gathering, and yā€™all know what that means...catching up...and a lot of food.....!!!!!! :joyfull::hungry::happy::)

The hall is up the road in the distance just to the right in the pic. Out in the middle of Nowheresville farmland, about an hour northeast of us...

74F46FBE-C388-4BE2-8818-EE8420207004.jpeg

Late cotton (due to all the rain) just across the dirt road next to the hall...

E27402AE-7EAD-4E12-B492-F14FC95398BD.jpeg
D44569BE-E357-4F69-8FDE-3DBA9848CA7A.jpeg

Giving thanks, indeed...!!!!! :happy:

FA441DF3-83C0-4976-9914-98F377E4E8DB.jpeg

Get it while itā€™s hot...!!!!!!! :joyfull::hungry:

7A5AD99A-E56D-43EB-8820-98D37724B4BC.jpeg
7F4781E6-A06F-405D-8C4E-D6A3CC5742FE.jpeg

My plate...!!!!!!! :hungry:

7A604F24-84B6-452D-9FA8-B73E98A87AEE.jpeg

And, the dessert table...!!!!!!! :hungry:

CACE5004-498F-478F-A3A4-B847C4DF99BA.jpeg

A little about the hall that the gathering has been held in the last several years.
The hall is run by an American Czech fraternal organization. DWifeyā€™s Family is predominantly of German heritage, but, there are also Czech family members that have married in (including myself :)).

202357EB-60E4-4C68-8E9B-95BFA8376313.jpeg

This means ā€œHow are you?!ā€ In Czech...!!! :)

24BCD243-E16F-491A-9B50-7AEF26D36C52.jpeg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom