The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Cool. He did a good job!!

Thanks! We worked today on putting the rest of the decorations up in the house, so the whole house has been Christmas-fied. We have 9 trees, they range in size from 4 ft to 7ft. Hubs put his whole Christmas village up too and I have a large nutcracker collection (I have around 50+) and those have been scattered around the house. We kind of like Christmas in this house! ;)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We went and saw The Nutcracker and the four realms tonight and it exceeded my expectations. I must confess, I am not a fan of the ballet, in general. Swan Lake, The Nutcracker, whatever...it makes no sense to me. I don't understand what's being portrayed. So for me, the original ballet version is really not that appealing. I went once in college when my boyfriend at the time was in the orchestra, and I like the music, but ballet just isn't my thing. But someone here said the movie was not the same story, and that gave me some hope that I might like it, and it had Mackenzie Foy in it, so I decided to give it a try, and I'm glad I did. And I had no idea who else was in it, but I was like..." Hey!! There's Mr. Darcy!" and then "So....when does the Hollowgast arrive?" and then "Is that Keira Knightly???" (Brilliant performance....it took me a while to recognize her because her voice and everything were so different.) I'm really bad with actor names...so mostly I recognize them from some other movie they are in, hence the Pride and Prejudice and Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children references.
But I liked it a lot more than I was expecting, being based on the Nutcracker. And DD liked it, too. But I don't know enough of the original to tell you how closely (or not) if follows the storyline in the Ballet. I liked that it wasn't your standard ballet, but if that's what you love, I'd guess you probably won't like this version so much? Costuming was pretty cool...I love Clara's wardrobe/accessories. And I liked that there was just a touch of humor in a couple of places. Anyway, I'm glad I went. Has anyone else seen it?

I saw it a couple weeks ago and I was impressed with the movie. I LOVE the original ballet. I just adore everything about it and will watch every version of it I see of it on tv, and hubs even proposed after taking me to see it. But I knew this movie would not be based on the original so I told myself that going in so I wouldn't be disappointed and I was pleasantly surprised with it. I would like to see it in the theater again before Christmas.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I'm also making stuffing, mashed potatoes, lasagna, leeks and bacon, green bean casserole and so on and so on. Dh is also smoking some type pf sausage

We are doing a small Thanksgiving meal tomorrow. I have the stuffing and mashed potatoes made today. I haven't thought of doing lasagna for Thanksgiving, we have done it for Christmas day. Nothing wrong with having lasagna thought, it's one of my favorite foods.

Goofyernmost

Since I used to go the end of February every year, we got up to a car covered with fluffy frost on many a morning. By noon it was close to the mid 70's. Of course, we had just arrived from Vermont where the temperatures were in the below zero range so even that light frost felt warm to us. I'd head on out in the morning wearing shorts and a T-shirt only to be confronted with CM's wearing parka's, knitted hats and mittens. Use to make me chuckle a little. It gave me the opportunity to mutter under my breath about how they didn't know what real cold was. There was only one time when I had to turn around and go back to the hotel and get my coat. That was one of those colder, windy days.

Last edited:

Rista1313

Week day one is done. Despite the snow at home and in Chicago, both flights were pretty much on time! It’s been a couple years since we’ve been to the Tampa airport. I didn’t remember there being a fonorail, and now they moved the car rentals away from the airport. We had to take a second train to get to those. But the new car terminal is nice and Enterprise had us on our way in a jiffy!

Our first stop is always close to the airport, we stopped at ybor for lunch at the Columbia restaurant and hubby needed to get his cigars for the week.
I’ll leave you with some pics.

D1CF2C8D-4747-4E89-BD35-0D2FAF3B6E9D.jpeg
C4131E77-CDAF-4715-9810-DDA81B6F6112.jpeg9E795A84-0A87-40DE-B0BC-ED0B601B92BD.jpegF9F26446-EA06-480A-A8D6-DE056DCCE1DD.jpeg42785653-227D-4992-9BFC-CF63119AD888.jpeg4884D5CF-0E12-47D9-B0C5-1866FA319A97.jpeg

Songbird76

My dh wants my written Christmas list yesterday:banghead:
Because you haven't given him enough blatant hints about what you want?
Well, I can't really talk...I just buy my own stuff so I know I'm getting what I want, and DH usually asks what I want, and then says "OK, go ahead and order it/get it" This year, Santa is bringing me a Fitbit Charge 2, a set of thick and fluffy Lady and the Tramp PJs, and a fuzzy Stich poncho. And the Unofficial guid to Universal Orlando...that might end up being for my birthday.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
We are doing a small Thanksgiving meal tomorrow. I have the stuffing and mashed potatoes made today. I haven't thought of doing lasagna for Thanksgiving, we have done it for Christmas day. Nothing wrong with having lasagna thought, it's one of my favorite foods.

Are you also cooking on Thanksgiving as well, or are you and Brad going someplace for dinner?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Because you haven't given him enough blatant hints about what you want?
Well, I can't really talk...I just buy my own stuff so I know I'm getting what I want, and DH usually asks what I want, and then says "OK, go ahead and order it/get it" This year, Santa is bringing me a Fitbit Charge 2, a set of thick and fluffy Lady and the Tramp PJs, and a fuzzy Stich poncho. And the Unofficial guid to Universal Orlando...that might end up being for my birthday.

That's a nice selection. :)

All I asked for was a DVD of Christopher Robin. Really, that's all I wanted. Hubs and I are keeping the holiday gift prices way down this year.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Week day one is done. Despite the snow at home and in Chicago, both flights were pretty much on time! It’s been a couple years since we’ve been to the Tampa airport. I didn’t remember there being a fonorail, and now they moved the car rentals away from the airport. We had to take a second train to get to those. But the new car terminal is nice and Enterprise had us on our way in a jiffy!

Our first stop is always close to the airport, we stopped at ybor for lunch at the Columbia restaurant and hubby needed to get his cigars for the week.
I’ll leave you with some pics.

View attachment 326660
View attachment 326661View attachment 326662View attachment 326663View attachment 326664View attachment 326665

Love the tile designs on that restaurant (food looked good, too!!). Cute photos of you both and also of the roosters. It's nice to see photos outside of Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom