The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Because you haven't given him enough blatant hints about what you want?
Well, I can't really talk...I just buy my own stuff so I know I'm getting what I want, and DH usually asks what I want, and then says "OK, go ahead and order it/get it" This year, Santa is bringing me a Fitbit Charge 2, a set of thick and fluffy Lady and the Tramp PJs, and a fuzzy Stich poncho. And the Unofficial guid to Universal Orlando...that might end up being for my birthday.
A list I can relate to:joyfull: You my friend have excellent taste;)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Week day one is done. Despite the snow at home and in Chicago, both flights were pretty much on time! It’s been a couple years since we’ve been to the Tampa airport. I didn’t remember there being a fonorail, and now they moved the car rentals away from the airport. We had to take a second train to get to those. But the new car terminal is nice and Enterprise had us on our way in a jiffy!

Our first stop is always close to the airport, we stopped at ybor for lunch at the Columbia restaurant and hubby needed to get his cigars for the week.
I’ll leave you with some pics.

View attachment 326660
View attachment 326661View attachment 326662View attachment 326663View attachment 326664View attachment 326665

My friends and I ate at the Columbia restaurant in Clearwater. It was really good, especially the mojitos. I do regret not buying a can of their coffee, but I guess I'll just have to make it back there someday. I hope you are having a great time.

Goofyernmost

I feel like my son is setting me up...:cautious:

A few days ago I asked him when he was going to write a letter to Santa...

“I’m going to skip a letter this year. I want him to surprise me.”

You don’t have anything you want to ask for?

“No, he’ll know what to bring me.”

????????????????
Just throw it back... Santa isn't a mind reader, he is just a wonderful person that does his best to give things to kids that they ask for. He has all he can do to just keep track of who's been good and who's been bad.

21stamps

Just throw it back... Santa isn't a mind reader, he is just a wonderful person that does his best to give things to kids that they ask for. He has all he can do to just keep track of who's been good and who's been bad.

I think he’s going to write a letter at school and not tell me. I don’t know though, he’s said a few times that he just wants to be surprised...so we’ll see.

Goofyernmost

I think he’s going to write a letter at school and not tell me. I don’t know though, he’s said a few times that he just wants to be surprised...so we’ll see.
Sounds to me like he is just telling you that he already knows the scam, but, either wants you to confirm it or prove it when nothing he wanted shows up. Clever kid, but, he is playing with fire. There was a time, when I was a kid, that we could carry on that show for an more extended period of time, but, in today's world I don't think one can get that age without having some serious doubts. Even then, I played the part for a long time after I had figured out what was happening because I had a sister that was 7 years younger then me, so I figured that I could play it out and actually get more gifts believing then not.

93boomer

Premium Member
Thanks! We worked today on putting the rest of the decorations up in the house, so the whole house has been Christmas-fied. We have 9 trees, they range in size from 4 ft to 7ft. Hubs put his whole Christmas village up too and I have a large nutcracker collection (I have around 50+) and those have been scattered around the house. We kind of like Christmas in this house! ;)
Christmas Land!! 😊

Songbird76

That's a nice selection. :)

All I asked for was a DVD of Christopher Robin. Really, that's all I wanted. Hubs and I are keeping the holiday gift prices way down this year.
Well, I pulled a stupid. I bought the Stitch Poncho weeks ago and they only had size extra small/small, but because it's a poncho, it fit. But I know I kept the receipt because I was thinking if they got another shipment in, I might be able to get a bigger size, and then I could return the smaller one. So yesterday, we were there, and they had size medium/large, and I tried it on, and it fits a little bit looser, so I bought it, thinking I could then return the small one next time were there. Only now I can not for the life of me find that receipt. I'm thinking it must have fallen on the floor and I tossed it without really realizing what it was. So now I'm stuck with an extra fuzzy Stitch poncho.

Goofyernmost

Well, I pulled a stupid. I bought the Stitch Poncho weeks ago and they only had size extra small/small, but because it's a poncho, it fit. But I know I kept the receipt because I was thinking if they got another shipment in, I might be able to get a bigger size, and then I could return the smaller one. So yesterday, we were there, and they had size medium/large, and I tried it on, and it fits a little bit looser, so I bought it, thinking I could then return the small one next time were there. Only now I can not for the life of me find that receipt. I'm thinking it must have fallen on the floor and I tossed it without really realizing what it was. So now I'm stuck with an extra fuzzy Stitch poncho.
Find a small person and give it to them. You'll feel better about everything and love yourself again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom