The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
So every year we get a family Christmas ornament. It is cool to see how our little family has increased in number over the years. I couldn’t wait to open our new one when it arrived yesterday. This is it.
View attachment 326790
Problem is, those aren’t our names. :hilarious: Apparently another family ordered the same ornament and the addresses got mixed up. The ornament company will send another at no charge and they told us to donate the other.

It's kind of funny they messed up (as long as you get what you really ordered). The idea of donating it is fine, but who would want it if it wasn't their names. I say hang it up with a photo of your family for laughs! (Maybe that is just my weird sense of humor though.)

A few years ago our band teacher at school ordered photo Christmas cards. She was in a rush when she ordered them and didn't really proof read what it said. Nor did she proof it when it arrived. She sent them all out and a couple days later her brother called her wanting to know why she changed her name. Well in large letters under the family photo it said Merry Christmas From the Robinson's! Not even close to her last name (her's only has 3 letters even). It was really funny, she framed it and hung it up.

donaldtoo

So every year we get a family Christmas ornament. It is cool to see how our little family has increased in number over the years. I couldn’t wait to open our new one when it arrived yesterday. This is it.
View attachment 326790
Problem is, those aren’t our names. :hilarious: Apparently another family ordered the same ornament and the addresses got mixed up. The ornament company will send another at no charge and they told us to donate the other.

Laughing with you...!!!!! :hilarious:
But, donate it to who?!
What are the odds of finding another family with those EXACT 6 same names, other than the original family...?!?!?! :cyclops:

:hilarious: ;) :)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Spent the day at DWifeys moms side of the family Thanksgiving gathering, and y’all know what that means...catching up...and a lot of food.....!!!!!! :joyfull::hungry::happy::)

The hall is up the road in the distance just to the right in the pic. Out in the middle of Nowheresville farmland, about an hour northeast of us...

View attachment 326783

Late cotton (due to all the rain) just across the dirt road next to the hall...

View attachment 326786
View attachment 326785

Giving thanks, indeed...!!!!! :happy:

View attachment 326787

Get it while it’s hot...!!!!!!! :joyfull::hungry:

View attachment 326792
View attachment 326791

My plate...!!!!!!! :hungry:

View attachment 326793

And, the dessert table...!!!!!!! :hungry:

View attachment 326789

A little about the hall that the gathering has been held in the last several years.
The hall is run by a Catholic Czech men’s organization. DWifey’s Family is predominantly of German heritage, but, there are also Czech family members that have married in (including myself :)).

View attachment 326794

This means “How are you?!” In Czech...!!! :)

View attachment 326795

It all looks tasty! I hope you had a good time eating and showing off the grandbaby.

MySmallWorldof4

Spent the day at DWifeys moms side of the family Thanksgiving gathering, and y’all know what that means...catching up...and a lot of food.....!!!!!! :joyfull::hungry::happy::)

The hall is up the road in the distance just to the right in the pic. Out in the middle of Nowheresville farmland, about an hour northeast of us...

View attachment 326783

Late cotton (due to all the rain) just across the dirt road next to the hall...

View attachment 326786
View attachment 326785

Giving thanks, indeed...!!!!! :happy:

View attachment 326787

View attachment 326792
View attachment 326791

View attachment 326793

View attachment 326789

A little about the hall that the gathering has been held in the last several years.
The hall is run by a Catholic Czech men’s organization. DWifey’s Family is predominantly of German heritage, but, there are also Czech family members that have married in (including myself :)).

View attachment 326794

This means “How are you?!” In Czech...!!! :)

View attachment 326795
What an amazing spread! Quite a variety of food. Was that a tamale on your plate?

MySmallWorldof4

It's kind of funny they messed up (as long as you get what you really ordered). The idea of donating it is fine, but who would want it if it wasn't their names. I say hang it up with a photo of your family for laughs! (Maybe that is just my weird sense of humor though.)

A few years ago our band teacher at school ordered photo Christmas cards. She was in a rush when she ordered them and didn't really proof read what it said. Nor did she proof it when it arrived. She sent them all out and a couple days later her brother called her wanting to know why she changed her name. Well in large letters under the family photo it said Merry Christmas From the Robinson's! Not even close to her last name (her's only has 3 letters even). It was really funny, she framed it and hung it up.
Dh said to hang it on the tree too because it was funny. :)

donaldtoo

The name tag table I laid out early while there where just a few of us setting up...we already had our tags, as they would have gone off the table otherwise...!!!!! :hilarious:

49D7EAFB-FF76-4069-A0AD-74644601A24B.jpeg

The history table and the memory/memorial table...

4011D938-6CF5-4E61-8852-F99DFEB33837.jpeg
225823C9-4952-42A2-B812-6C781B0959EB.jpeg

The matriarch and patriarchs wedding photo...

4B95C102-BC70-403F-BA27-0BFD244E0067.jpeg

Some shots of the family around the hall...!!! :)

21F69C79-38E6-48AA-9025-9F603185DE50.jpeg
A4EC8F76-2EFD-418A-AA99-535439399678.jpeg
82300F7D-515F-4FEE-A9F1-E6F1A6B5C29C.jpeg

Our lovely, adorable little Emy is family member number 199...!!!!!!!!!!!! :joyfull::happy:

826D44A5-7D03-4724-A424-6F8C5E94F0D4.jpeg

And, finally, headin’ home through the farmland after another great DWifeys family Thanksgiving gathering...!!!!! :)

84446477-E99B-4A7F-B845-B2FBBB42E825.jpeg
AD8BE0B2-152D-4F44-9D09-A3670C4D7F32.jpeg

donaldtoo

Wow...an excruciating experience gettin’ those 2 posts up...!!!!! :hilarious:
The site kept tellin’ me there was a problem so the page had to reload. Then, when it reloaded, pics would be missing or out of order, or it would tell me I could only attach 10 files after some pics were missing and all I could see were 7, or 8, or less in the pre post... :cyclops:
After I finally finished the first post, I logged out and turned my phone off. After I turned my phone back on and started into the second post it was even worse...!!!!! o_O:facepalm::hilarious:
But, whewwww, I ultimately persevered...!!!!! :happy::hilarious:;):)

Goofyernmost

View attachment 326790
Or you could just simply change your names. Or make them aliases.

Songbird76

View attachment 326790
Cute!!! If you are at all crafty, you could just get some white paint and paint over the names and write in your own with a permanent marker...then you'd have 2 of them in case one breaks? Donating is always good, but something with names on it....hard to reuse that.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Thank you but it will be a real challenge doing everything in one day. I usually have Tuesday and Wednesday for prep work and getting the make ahead items done. The upside is my mother inlaw has a turkey and will take care of that. She also said one day of canned cranberry sauce won't kill anybody, my dh begs to differ:banghead:

Easy solution to the cranberry sauce -- if your hubs wants it that bad, he can make it for everyone. I think you and your mother in law have enough to do under trying circumstances than to worry about something like that.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
View attachment 326790

Um, donate it? :rolleyes: What are the chances that there would be a family at a donation center/shelter that would have all those names?! :facepalm:

Just glad to hear that you'll be getting the correct one soon.

MySmallWorldof4

The name tag table I laid out early while there where just a few of us setting up...we already had our tags, as they would have gone off the table otherwise...!!!!! :hilarious:

View attachment 326804

The history table and the memory/memorial table...

View attachment 326806
View attachment 326805

View attachment 326807

Some shots of the family around the hall...!!! :)

View attachment 326808
View attachment 326809
View attachment 326810

Our lovely, adorable little Emy is family member number 199...!!!!!!!!!!!! :joyfull::happy:

View attachment 326813

And, finally, headin’ home through the farmland after another great DWifeys family Thanksgiving gathering...!!!!! :)

View attachment 326821
View attachment 326822
Wish I could like all this more than once. Emy is as beautiful as ever. :inlove:

MinnieM123

Premium Member

These photos remind me of farmland scenes in New Hampshire (not the cotton fields--we don't have those, but the others).

I'm drooling over this food FEAST!!! :jawdrop::hungry: :hungry:

Did they bring in a forklift from behind the building, to help transport that plate to the table? :hilarious:

Oh my!!! :hungry::hungry:

Elegant photo--I love the veil in particular, on the bride. Truly, I'm just blown away by tables of name cards, photos, history, etc. I can't even relate to anything like that--it's so beautiful, and you all are blessed, to say the least.

Emy is the star of the event!! :happy::happy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom