The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

It's one of those days. The power went out and I woke up shivering, I went looking for Thanksgiving nail designs and every one I saw looked like a candy cane, it's windy, not going to get much above freezing and I can't put off food shopping:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: I'm either going to be found locked in my bathroom with Basin and wine or in Florida tonight;)
Hope you got your power back.

MySmallWorldof4

Can I tell you how much I LOVE this post? So much of the "good" in this world is not even seen, because it takes place on smaller, local venues. I belong to a local environmental group, and one of the activities during the holiday season is a donation drive to provide Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners, to local families in need. Two thousand dollars was raised, and that's a lot of turkey dinners, and smiles to families that will now have a nice holiday--and it won't cost them a penny. World goin to hell? Not in my community . . ..
I agree. There is plenty of love around. I read it on this thread everyday.:inlove:

MySmallWorldof4

Can I vent for a few seconds? I know that I have mentioned in the past, that I have trouble dealing with the phrase, "Thank you for your service" when random people find out that I am a Vietnam Veteran. I know that most people are sincerely trying to show an appreciation of what was a sacrifice, in some cases an extreme sacrifice and I should be appreciative. However in a effort to point out why, so many times it just seems like empty words, let me say something about an experience I had just this week.

I believe that I have spoken about the housing situation that I am currently having to deal with. For those that don't... I have been told that I will have to move out of my apartment shortly because they are in the process of upgrading all the apartments to justify charging up to $300.00 per month more for them. My place is quite comfortable, but, there idea upgrading is the following.... Replace all perfectly good appliances with the currently popular stainless exterior, paint the really rich looking Oak Cabinets a cold white and change the handles. Modify and replace the current durable counter tops with a fake granite top that is so flimsy that a neighbor accidentally placed a hot pan on it just for a brief moment and it burnt through the fake immediately, Change the wall color from off white to light tan, replace my almost new carpeting with a slightly darker one (either one is really just a tan), change out the linoleum entrance, kitchen and bathroom, with a very dark stone like pattern. For that my apartment rent goes up $100.00 per month. I have savings and do have the money to pay it, but, if it were my choice I would never have rented an apartment even at my lower rate that felt as cold as their new design.

Anyway, in the process of trying to negotiate with my property manager we were discussing the various reasons why I was upset about being told a 70 years old, a veteran and in need of a ground floor apartment due to a leg injury that makes stairs a problem, has to up an move so they can do that. When we got to the point of discussion where the fact that I was a veteran came up, she looked at me and said... Thank you for your Service! I almost gagged at the irony of that. Here she is telling me that I have to uproot and move for what will ultimately be an extra $100.00 per month in their pocket and instead of just trying to show a concern not only for the elderly or the veteran, it was all about money. Regardless of the fact that even if I found a way to pay the higher rate, I still had to pack up my stuff, and relocate. I have been here for 8 years, have paid the rent on the first day of the month every single month that I have lived here, do not complain about anything and have tried to be a good tenant... it just doesn't matter what hardship is inflicted on anyone as long that the $$$$$ keep being the priority in life.

Sorry... just feeling a little angry and hurt that trying to do the right things gets one no place. OK, done with that. I know that people my age have much bigger problems then mine and I am reminded of that every time I make a trip to the VA hospital for the clinics. That usually helps me snap out of my self pity and just move forward. One more thing I will get through, I'm just getting tired.
This situation just plain stinks. I don't see why they need to make you move when you are perfectly happy with the apartment as is. Are they giving no one a choice? When dh and I first got married, we lived in a rental. It was actually a lovely little enclave with attached ranch style homes. They had started renovating some after we moved in but were only doing the renovations once a tenant had purposely moved out. That seems to be a much fairer way to treat tenants, especially those that have lived there a long time.

21stamps

I've never even heard of Hollister. But I've never shopped at any of those stores.

Here's the article about Abercrombie. I googled it.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...oesnt-want-larger-people-shopping-stores.html

Thank you. Wow, what a jerk! I’m glad that all of this happened after I stopped shopping there.. I had no idea.

I honestly don’t remember anything special about their employees.. they were all kids... just like all of the similar storesAE, Hollister, etc..... but I don’t ever recall being in there and thinking “this is a beautiful staff, I want to look like them!”.
The stories of making them work out, are horrible! I wonder if that only happened in Europe? Shocking either way!!

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Why on Earth would you want to downsize from a Rebel? They're wonderful!

Ya know, besides killing your back lugging them around WDW.
Exactly. I went to a mirrorless canon a few years back. Them last year went with the TZ ( best compact i could afford with a viewfinder)
I can do the parks with no bags now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom