The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

So.. my oldest had a haircut today. My girl’s all have long hair. Hers was down to her lower back. She got about 12 inches cut off and now it is just around the level of her underarms. I am used to her with the longer hair, but she looks fantastic with the shorter length. She also donated her hair which was very thoughtful of her.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
What are you knitting? Try Mickey ears - save a bundle!

Boy, can I relate to all of that.

I’m looking to move one of my two stores before the rent increase, and the thought to close it (at least for awhile) has crossed my mind.

But then I’d have to move everything twice and pay for storage in the meantime.

Sending pixie dust your way, Tony. Small businesses have built up this country more than larger businesses. You've put your heart and soul into your music stores, and you're living the American dream. Praying for your continued success, even if you eventually downsize a little bit.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
More important question: can I avoid getting rid of these two side tables with the cute “old Florida” palm tree detail by pushing them together to make a coffee table?

Part of me thinks it looks stupid, part of me doesn’t care because I like the palm trees lol.

View attachment 324633

Looks like outdoor patio furniture tables. Do you have any second had stores around, that might sell them for you on consignment?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
The shiny lobby is the Welcome Center where future students and parents are greeted. As I am sure you figured out, the other photo is a dorm. Left to right....Mrs Steve wearing red...daughter in the middle with a white cap...tour guide to the right.

For some reason, that photo reminds me of the American Pavilion at EPCOT. I can just see the Voices of Liberty singing songs in that Welcome Center. :)

21stamps

An observation

I’ve lived here 35 years. Never has our polling place been packed like this let alone mid morning. Never even close. We walked two blocks to park. What an awesome sight no matter who your person is. And this is a town of just a few thousand residents. Wooba.

I volunteered outside from 6am - 12pm with coffee, donuts, bagels, and ballots.
There wasn’t anyone from the “opposing side”, but there never is in my district. I take what I saw with a grain of salt, I know it’s not indicative of my greater area, and definitely not the country.lol

Happy voting day to all! (Regardless of your affiliation) :)

21stamps

Does anybody know if shipping from the Disney store is usually broken into different shipments? I got an email saying one part of the order should arrive today or tomorrow but nothing yet about the other part of the order.

I think it’s pretty common. I have a Dicks Sporting Goods order that was broken into 4.. packages arriving today, tomorrow, Thursday and Friday 😂

21stamps

So.. my oldest had a haircut today. My girl’s all have long hair. Hers was down to her lower back. She got about 12 inches cut off and now it is just around the level of her underarms. I am used to her with the longer hair, but she looks fantastic with the shorter length. She also donated her hair which was very thoughtful of her.

Oh what an amazing act!! Love this!!!!!!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
An observation

I’ve lived here 35 years. Never has our polling place been packed like this let alone mid morning. Never even close. We walked two blocks to park. What an awesome sight no matter who your person is. And this is a town of just a few thousand residents. Wooba.

Hey good to hear that people are turning out. I left work a bit early today. I always vote at night (takes too long in the morning and I'd be late for work). But the best thing is that most people vote during the day, and it's not as crowded at night--so even with higher turnouts, I didn't face any long wait at all. :happy:

So I got home maybe 6:45 after voting, and plopped in front of the computer, with snacks and juice. So Jack trots in and I figured he was after the food on the desk. Nope. He's such a wacko dog--he came over to me and licked my left knee, and then the right knee, and then walked out of the room! :hilarious:

93boomer

Hey good to hear that people are turning out. I left work a bit early today. I always vote at night (takes too long in the morning and I'd be late for work). But the best thing is that most people vote during the day, and it's not as crowded at night--so even with higher turnouts, I didn't face any long wait at all. :happy:

So I got home maybe 6:45 after voting, and plopped in front of the computer, with snacks and juice. So Jack trots in and I figured he was after the food on the desk. Nope. He's such a wacko dog--he came over to me and licked my left knee, and then the right knee, and then walked out of the room! :hilarious:
Doggie kisses😁

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I was #2 today. My great, great....aunt who lived to about 105 and a few others from her generation couldn't vote when they turned 21 and a relative of mine couldn't vote when he lived elsewhere in this country so I always go early. I don't need ghosts visiting.;)

I was voter #2 in our town today as well. Although I believe I was technically first because the lady in front of me chose to use the paper ballot instead of the electronic ballot, so I submitted my vote first! When I left the hall was packed with people waiting to vote. Usually hubs and I are in the voting hall alone or maybe there is one other person waiting to vote.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom