The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Tony the Tigger

No offense but that sounds HORRIBLE!

Actually, Birds Eye now makes a frozen pasta that is made out of lentil & zucchini and somehow tastes pretty close to regular pasta (not mushy, etc.) They were BOGO at Publix last week, so I tried a couple - ended up going back to stock the freezer. Makes a very quick, easy, when I’m by myself meal. (I throw some extra sauce on it and usually some version of Boca crumble.)

Haimia

While I’m picture dumping, and while we’re redoing everything in the house before holiday company comes (I’m attempting a floating hardwood floor today) this is what happened to Bambi when somebody not named Tony was being clumsy while moving things:

View attachment 324636

Did his face always look that angry before?

I have that same statue along with the bunny, Thumper. I also have a Lady and a Tramp statues. They are from long, long ago!!

Songbird76

2 more days of work, then I go to the lakeshore for a knitting retreat thurs-sunday... 50 knitters all in the same room... it gets pretty loud. Since it's only 35 minutes away, I drive home at night to sleep in my own bed. So I keep anyone awake with my crazy snoring!

Then I work for a week,

Then Florida the next week. Boy that week in between is going to be a long one!
Hilarious timing for this post...we're just watching Gilmore Girls and it's the episode with the knit-a-thon. People knitting all over town. Anyway, have fun!!

donaldtoo

That is sad. He put his heart and soul into that business. As noted, his ambition was not to build up an empire, but to have a good business and treat his customers well.

And, with the slowdown in customers in malls, etc., I was surprised that the mall owner/real estate agent, wanted to double his rent. I mean, what the heck? They're shooting themselves in the foot with that strategy. :cautious:

Yep, quite sad, indeed.

But, here's the thing...
When he closed down the other store in the outdoor mall, and every time he had to move at the other mall, he was displaced by another business that WAS willing to pay the higher rent for the space.
Sooooo...
Just like WDW :cautious:;), if you raise the "rent" and folks are still goin' for it in droves, there is absolutely NO incentive (and it'd be stupid to, from a business standpoint) to freeze or lower the rent. So, instead, you charge higher rent because you can, for the foreseeable future, until it all cycles back again.
Sad, but, as we all know, that's the way it's pretty much always been/worked...not just these days..... :bored::cyclops:;)

Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
An observation

I’ve lived here 35 years. Never has our polling place been packed like this let alone mid morning. Never even close. We walked two blocks to park. What an awesome sight no matter who your person is. And this is a town of just a few thousand residents. Wooba.

MySmallWorldof4

No offense but that sounds HORRIBLE!
Ever have lentil pasta? Tastes better than regular pasta and it has 21g of protein in a serving. I have made almond “ricotta” and it actually tastes and has a similar texture to regular. My dh who is picky, my oldest who is a food snob, and my youngest all liked it. My youngest said “it’s weird, but it’s good”.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom