The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Rista1313

Ever have lentil pasta? Tastes better than regular pasta and it has 21g of protein in a serving. I have made almond “ricotta” and it actually tastes and has a similar texture to regular. My dh who is picky, my oldest who is a food snob, and my youngest all liked it. My youngest said “it’s weird, but it’s good”.

The ricotta doesn't sound bad, but I hate lentils, so lentil pasta does not appeal to me.

Figgy1

While I’m picture dumping, and while we’re redoing everything in the house before holiday company comes (I’m attempting a floating hardwood floor today) this is what happened to Bambi when somebody not named Tony was being clumsy while moving things:

View attachment 324636

Did his face always look that angry before?
Good luck with the decorating and floor

Figgy1

An observation

I’ve lived here 35 years. Never has our polling place been packed like this let alone mid morning. Never even close. We walked two blocks to park. What an awesome sight no matter who your person is. And this is a town of just a few thousand residents. Wooba.
I was #2 today. My great, great....aunt who lived to about 105 and a few others from her generation couldn't vote when they turned 21 and a relative of mine couldn't vote when he lived elsewhere in this country so I always go early. I don't need ghosts visiting.;)

Figgy1

Ever have lentil pasta? Tastes better than regular pasta and it has 21g of protein in a serving. I have made almond “ricotta” and it actually tastes and has a similar texture to regular. My dh who is picky, my oldest who is a food snob, and my youngest all liked it. My youngest said “it’s weird, but it’s good”.
The guys really like this brand 1541538976106.png

Goofyernmost

Yep, quite sad, indeed.

But, here's the thing...
When he closed down the other store in the outdoor mall, and every time he had to move at the other mall, he was displaced by another business that WAS willing to pay the higher rent for the space.
Sooooo...
Just like WDW :cautious:;), if you raise the "rent" and folks are still goin' for it in droves, there is absolutely NO incentive (and it'd be stupid to, from a business standpoint) to freeze or lower the rent. So, instead, you charge higher rent because you can, for the foreseeable future, until it all cycles back again.
My feeling is that you can get away with that for awhile and if you have a good product you might decide that the store or business that was there before was a lousy business man, underfunded and and number of reasons why they went out and your new venture will be wildly successful.

After one has invested thousands of dollars in a store and stock then find out that you can't sell anything to people that aren't there and the hard reality is that it wasn't the other merchant at all, but, location, location, location.
The Mall that I featured on a thread a few days ago has been hemorrhaging stores so anyone that jumps in there either has a death wish or an ego that won't quit. Yet, about a year and a half ago a store that focuses in on the younger set opened. They spent what looked like thousands of dollars to build it as a corporate copy of other stores in the chain. The name of the store was quite familiar. It was a Rue 21. Eleven months after it opened, they were gone. They couldn't buy a customer. I guess I can understand thinking that they might have a chance because the mall is just across the street from the Local High School. Two thousand four hundred students, most with some cash to spend didn't show up in droves.

Those that left did so for a reason and it isn't always because they were not savvy to business. So the mall did get away with charging the higher rent for a little over a year, but, all that rent bought was yet another black eye for the mall it self. They left everything, fixtures, signs. Hell, even after almost another year a lot of the lights are still on. The same thing with Macy's all the brand name displays are still sitting there in the entrance right were they were when the store was open with the lights still on. That one closed at least 3 or 4 years ago. It isn't hard to see the the mall management has their head firmly planted where the sun don't shine.

FutureCEO

An observation

I’ve lived here 35 years. Never has our polling place been packed like this let alone mid morning. Never even close. We walked two blocks to park. What an awesome sight no matter who your person is. And this is a town of just a few thousand residents. Wooba.

I was actually debating on voting but I voted. None of my major election candidates I vote for ever win. (president, governor). And this year is the same.

MySmallWorldof4

I was #2 today. My great, great....aunt who lived to about 105 and a few others from her generation couldn't vote when they turned 21 and a relative of mine couldn't vote when he lived elsewhere in this country so I always go early. I don't need ghosts visiting.;)
I was 1036. Dh who was there an hour and a half after me was 1540. Huge turnout. The lady I checked in with said it had been busy all day. We do have a governor's race, so that may be why it was busy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom