The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

Fun question I had no intention of asking here but since I was summoned:

If a mole gets red around it and then the next day turns black, am I dying, or did I just hit it the wrong way while struggling to move a heavy cabinet into my van and then into the dining room?
My guess is you irritated it and what you may be seeing is dry blood? You can always get it checked out though. I had a red mole called a hemangioma removed a couple of months ago. Didn't feel a thing.

MySmallWorldof4

It never ceases to amaze me. Do people that own things like malls not see what is happening around them. Malls are dropping like flies and yet, they keep raising rents expecting the tenants to be able to make a profit from a dying concept. I think malls will be back someday, when the idiots allow the retail establishments to make money and the idiot public gets tired of having to drive to every store, walk in the heat, cold, rain, snow, sleet and hail and suddenly realize how malls came into existence to begin with. Malls themselves seem unwilling to advertise or promote the virtues of mall shopping. Instead they keep raising rents causing merchants to have to charge more for what they sell. One of the main reasons why malls have lost popularity is that everything is more expensive there by a huge margin. I often wonder if our enemies haven't tainted our drinking water with something that lowers people IQ's. That would explain the sudden lack of common sense or any other sign of possible intelligence.

I hope there is intelligent life on other planets because there certainly isn't any of that here anymore. Short sighted greed is the current ruler.
Online shopping I think also plays a huge role in the demise. That and security issues that didn't exist in the 70's, 80's, and 90's. I completely agree on the rent. I also think the towns and cities should cut the malls a break on the taxes. Maybe not raise the taxes on them if they don't increase rents so business can remain in business.

Tony the Tigger

Around here even a senior matinee is almost $9.00. Of course that is a multi-theater facility. When I have gone, which admittedly, isn't often there usually is no more then three or four people in the theaters. I often wonder if they were to lower the price and advertise it, they might not possibly get maybe ten people in the place. The cost to run the move would at least be the same and the highway robbery snack area would also more then double sales. Have been yet where the cost of a coke and a pitifully small box of candy hasn't cost more the admission.

There are AMC theaters in many towns. You pay something like $15 a year for a “Stubbs” membership, and then every Tuesday every movie is $5 for your entire party all day and night. Not a bad deal.

MySmallWorldof4

Around here even a senior matinee is almost $9.00. Of course that is a multi-theater facility. When I have gone, which admittedly, isn't often there usually is no more then three or four people in the theaters. I often wonder if they were to lower the price and advertise it, they might not possibly get maybe ten people in the place. The cost to run the move would at least be the same and the highway robbery snack area would also more then double sales. Have been yet where the cost of a coke and a pitifully small box of candy hasn't cost more the admission.
A theater by us on Tuesdays charges $6 a ticket and $1 for popcorn.

Tony the Tigger

Online shopping I think also plays a huge role in the demise. That and security issues that didn't exist in the 70's, 80's, and 90's. I completely agree on the rent. I also think the towns and cities should cut the malls a break on the taxes. Maybe not raise the taxes on them if they don't increase rents so business can remain in business.

Yes, but we have an online component to our business. That’s vital these days. Some owners don’t realize that.

MySmallWorldof4

More important question: can I avoid getting rid of these two side tables with the cute “old Florida” palm tree detail by pushing them together to make a coffee table?

Part of me thinks it looks stupid, part of me doesn’t care because I like the palm trees lol.

View attachment 324633
Sure, why not? You can always put a runner across the top.

THE Monorail Lime

While I’m picture dumping, and while we’re redoing everything in the house before holiday company comes (I’m attempting a floating hardwood floor today) this is what happened to Bambi when somebody not named Tony was being clumsy while moving things:

View attachment 324636

Did his face always look that angry before?
Will you remember me.....😢

MySmallWorldof4

While I’m picture dumping, and while we’re redoing everything in the house before holiday company comes (I’m attempting a floating hardwood floor today) this is what happened to Bambi when somebody not named Tony was being clumsy while moving things:

View attachment 324636

Did his face always look that angry before?
Oh no! You'd better glue his tail back before he bites you.:hilarious: Good luck on the floor. My dh has installed a few floating floors. One in our old house and one at his sisters.

Goofyernmost

A theater by us on Tuesdays charges $6 a ticket and $1 for popcorn.
Sure, but, on the downside it is in Pennsylvania and that is in the middle of the winter snow belt. $2.00 more for a ticket seem minor compared to paying for heating fuel for six months out of the year. Now if you were a state or two to the south, I'd be packing as we speak.

SteveBrickNJ

The shiny lobby is the Welcome Center where future students and parents are greeted. As I am sure you figured out, the other photo is a dorm. Left to right....Mrs Steve wearing red...daughter in the middle with a white cap...tour guide to the right.
Today is so exciting....college tour at 1pm...Cracker barrel meal around 3:15.....then with full bellies we will drive to Pop Century. Arriving by 10pm . Wow...very blessed :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom