The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Tony the Tigger

2 more days of work, then I go to the lakeshore for a knitting retreat thurs-sunday... 50 knitters all in the same room... it gets pretty loud. Since it's only 35 minutes away, I drive home at night to sleep in my own bed. So I keep anyone awake with my crazy snoring!

Then I work for a week,

Then Florida the next week. Boy that week in between is going to be a long one!

What are you knitting? Try Mickey ears - save a bundle!

But, an update on the clothing store...
He finally returned my text late this morning.
Unfortunately, he is, indeed, out of business. :(
They were going to double his rent, and he said he just couldn’t make any money at that point, so he really had no choice but to close the business.
He said he really doesn’t know what he’s gonna’ do now, but, it probably won’t be retail.

Myself and others that worked there always wondered why he didn’t advertise more. We always thought he could make a lot more money doing so. Guys of all ages (and gals lookin’ for stuff for guys) used to come in all the time and comment how they wish they knew about the store sooner because we had so much cool stuff.
But, ultimately, when he had the 2 locations he appeared to have his hands full, and seemed relieved when he went back to just the one.
He really wasn’t interested in creating an empire, he just wanted to be hands on with one location. He was just interested in selling good quality cool stuff for a good price and making a decent living for his family.
It just sucks.

I said for him to get in touch with me if there was anything I could help him with, asked him to stay in touch, and wished him the best of luck.
Hopefully, he lands on his feet again soon, doin’ somethin’ he loves...!!! :)

Boy, can I relate to all of that.

I’m looking to move one of my two stores before the rent increase, and the thought to close it (at least for awhile) has crossed my mind.

But then I’d have to move everything twice and pay for storage in the meantime.

Tony the Tigger

I found a Sunday morning matinee for Fantastic Beasts 2 for 6.50 a ticket now all I have to do is check everybody's schedules when they get up in a few. Half or no day for everybody but me today:banghead: edit I may have to check when I get home because they don't move on their days off:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Well,our dead mall's AMC tickets are only $4.99 all day. :)

$5 AMC Tuesdays! Going to see Queen today.

Goofyernmost

Thank you, too bad indeed.
And, yep. Good quality at good prices.
He just really needed to find a way to do more volume in the current economic climate, with rents skyrocketing, to stay in the game.
It never ceases to amaze me. Do people that own things like malls not see what is happening around them. Malls are dropping like flies and yet, they keep raising rents expecting the tenants to be able to make a profit from a dying concept. I think malls will be back someday, when the idiots allow the retail establishments to make money and the idiot public gets tired of having to drive to every store, walk in the heat, cold, rain, snow, sleet and hail and suddenly realize how malls came into existence to begin with. Malls themselves seem unwilling to advertise or promote the virtues of mall shopping. Instead they keep raising rents causing merchants to have to charge more for what they sell. One of the main reasons why malls have lost popularity is that everything is more expensive there by a huge margin. I often wonder if our enemies haven't tainted our drinking water with something that lowers people IQ's. That would explain the sudden lack of common sense or any other sign of possible intelligence.

I hope there is intelligent life on other planets because there certainly isn't any of that here anymore. Short sighted greed is the current ruler.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

$5 AMC Tuesdays! Going to see Queen today.
Around here even a senior matinee is almost $9.00. Of course that is a multi-theater facility. When I have gone, which admittedly, isn't often there usually is no more then three or four people in the theaters. I often wonder if they were to lower the price and advertise it, they might not possibly get maybe ten people in the place. The cost to run the move would at least be the same and the highway robbery snack area would also more then double sales. Haven't been yet where the cost of a coke and a pitifully small box of candy hasn't cost more the admission.

Last edited:

MySmallWorldof4

What are you knitting? Try Mickey ears - save a bundle!

Boy, can I relate to all of that.

I’m looking to move one of my two stores before the rent increase, and the thought to close it (at least for awhile) has crossed my mind.

But then I’d have to move everything twice and pay for storage in the meantime.
It is very tough being a small business owner. My dh has his own business as well, not retail but nonetheless running a small business in this day and age is very difficult, especially when you are nice. Hope you have a very busy holiday season.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom