The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
That's nuts! Didn't know that. I wouldn't live near an active volcano. I have issues with the huge one under Yellowstone.

I don't know if I would want to live near an active volcano but many of those places are very pretty to visit. When we went to the Big Island a few years ago we stayed at a little house about 1/2 mile from the open crater (it had just opened again a 1 year before) in Kilauea summit. I was a little scared because I knew the risk of what could happen, but I played the odds and had a fabulous time. I felt the same when I went to Yellowstone, I knew what was underneath me but it was just so gorgeous and an interesting place I am so glad I saw it and I forgot about a lot of the danger while I was there. I figured if it blew I probably would be obliterated right away and at least I would have died having an adventure. And I also figured I was in greater danger of the wildlife life (bears, buffalo, etc...) than I was of an eruption. Plus in regards to Yellowstone, I have seen predictions that if it blows even my home area would be affected and I would probably die or have significant problems. :cool:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Annnnnnd now all my booked fastpasses have disappeared :cry::cry::cry:

Log out and log back in, if they are gone call. Sorry that happened to you, it is frustrating when their site doesn't work. I had all of mine made and I went back in a couple days later and they were all for just one guest! I freaked but logged out and logged back in and all of a sudden it was 2 guests again.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Log out and log back in, if they are gone call. Sorry that happened to you, it is frustrating when their site doesn't work. I had all of mine made and I went back in a couple days later and they were all for just one guest! I freaked but logged out and logged back in and all of a sudden it was 2 guests again.

Current wait time is more than 60 minutes :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
So they aren't showing on any of the regular pages.... or in the app. Like it says "you have not yet booked any fastpasses" but when I click the link to my planning page, they're all there. Fingers crossed it's just a glitch because I have already spent 3 hours on this and I have work to do :hilarious::hilarious: Ugh. Disney's gonna get me fired

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Current wait time is more than 60 minutes :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
So they aren't showing on any of the regular pages.... or in the app. Like it says "you have not yet booked any fastpasses" but when I click the link to my planning page, they're all there. Fingers crossed it's just a glitch because I have already spent 3 hours on this and I have work to do :hilarious::hilarious: Ugh. Disney's gonna get me fired

Ugh, even more frustrating to wait on the phone. Since the fast passes all show up in your planning page, they are probably all secure. I would take a picture and/or screen shot of all of them listed on the planning page and write them down. So you will at least have a record of what you made if you decide to stay on the line to talk to someone. There must be a lot of problems if the wait time is that long to talk to someone.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Ugh, even more frustrating to wait on the phone. Since the fast passes all show up in your planning page, they are probably all secure. I would take a picture and/or screen shot of all of them listed on the planning page and write them down. So you will at least have a record of what you made if you decide to stay on the line to talk to someone. There must be a lot of problems if the wait time is that long to talk to someone.

I did! But I cannot stay on the line. I'll call back this evening if I'm still having trouble. Usually the wait time is minimal in the evening

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Also..... Meet Mickey and Minnie and Goofy at Epcot is listed as Tier One now... is that a glitch? When did that happen?

Not a glitch, the characters are no tier one. I do NOT like this change. It changed in June sometime I think. Luckily it didn't impact my fast passes. I do not like it because the only things in Epcot that really ever benefit from a fast pass are Frozen, Test Track, Characters, and Soarin' so it hurts that they are all tier one. I guess it is often beneficial for Spaceship Earth and Livin' with the Land, but there are many times those are a complete walk on, the others not so much.

I did! But I cannot stay on the line. I'll call back this evening if I'm still having trouble. Usually the wait time is minimal in the evening

Maybe the glitch will be fixed by then, hope so.

Cesar R M

The volcano is just a friendly reminder from nature that she will always win in the end.

The volcano has been erupting for decades so why did people bother living near it? Who knows. You feel bad for people losing their homes but you have to wonder what they were thinking at the same time.
Living near a volcano has been a normal behavior of humankind for millenia. Particularly because the areas near volcanoes have incredibly fertile soils.

For the Hawaii thing... I dont think you can select where you live, since all the islands are volcanic and the big one has 3. 2 dormant and one active.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Not a glitch, the characters are no tier one. I do NOT like this change. It changed in June sometime I think. Luckily it didn't impact my fast passes. I do not like it because the only things in Epcot that really ever benefit from a fast pass are Frozen, Test Track, Characters, and Soarin' so it hurts that they are all tier one. I guess it is often beneficial for Spaceship Earth and Livin' with the Land, but there are many times those are a complete walk on, the others not so much.

Maybe the glitch will be fixed by then, hope so.

That's crazy! I mean, I know the line can get long, but a meet and greet being Tier One feels very different than the norm. Especially since that's not even the talking Mickey!

Cesar R M

Not that I know anything about volcanoes, but I assume that the eruptions were usually fairly well contained, up to this point. People who lived nearby probably never thought anything massive like this would happen.
Well, not to rain in their parade but it has happened. Recurringly with this volcano.

The ridge area has been erupting every 10 to 20 years via fisures.

Take this image for example..

image-523.jpg
https://volcanoes.usgs.gov/observatories/hvo/maps_uploads/image-523.jpg

There has been lava flows dating 2014-2016, 2018, 1955, 19760, 1840,.

Anyway, seems Isaac Hale Park is now almost overtaken by lava.
In the good side.. The island grew quite a bit..

MySmallWorldof4

Fastpass day. You would think since Fastpass day happens literally every morning that Disney would iron out their process. At 7:00 am the dates opened but all dates said distribution was done. At 7:03 you could select a park, but no fastpasses came up. From 7:03 to 9:05 (now)... 90% of the time when you're trying to view what rides are available for fast passes, you get the OOPS! Something went wrong! Olaf page instead. Then when you finally manage to select a ride, and a time, and get to the confirmation screen, you have to refresh the page and hit confirm 18 times before it actually confirms.

My coworker started looking into a Disney trip last night for her family, and watching me go through this she said.... "nevermind......."
Sometimes the App works better than the website for fp’s.

Cesar R M

Cesar, fyi, a notation on the video you posted indicated that it's not available. Not sure why that happened, but thanks just the same for trying to share it with us.
Might be blocked in your country but the link works just fine.

In the other hand.. wishing these neckbeards could shut up about "this isnt star trek". "This is garbage". "This isnt scifi".
When its clear they have not even seen the episodes.

Cesar R M

Go to your My Disney Experience account. Scroll to Magic Bands. You should be able to select your color there. Pretty sure you can do it already.
In the other hand.. he can always ask for a color change when he gets to his resort reception desk..
my last trip.. my "box" of magicbands were incorrectly all grey. The staff happily gave us the color we wanted and configured them with no biggie.

Cesar R M

I don't know if I would want to live near an active volcano but many of those places are very pretty to visit. When we went to the Big Island a few years ago we stayed at a little house about 1/2 mile from the open crater (it had just opened again a 1 year before) in Kilauea summit. I was a little scared because I knew the risk of what could happen, but I played the odds and had a fabulous time. I felt the same when I went to Yellowstone, I knew what was underneath me but it was just so gorgeous and an interesting place I am so glad I saw it and I forgot about a lot of the danger while I was there. I figured if it blew I probably would be obliterated right away and at least I would have died having an adventure. And I also figured I was in greater danger of the wildlife life (bears, buffalo, etc...) than I was of an eruption. Plus in regards to Yellowstone, I have seen predictions that if it blows even my home area would be affected and I would probably die or have significant problems. :cool:
Ironically.. an area near Yellowstone was recently closed because one of the areas near the volcano had a big fissure opening with steam gas rising from it (Grand Teton).
Yellowstone caldera might be reactivating and the nearby volcanoes might get crusty. or not, who knows...

MySmallWorldof4

It’s a glitch. Don’t worry.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom