The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
Splash Mountain will soon be sponsored by Ziploc. Seriously. bit.ly/2LMzA1s

Maybe they can dial down the cannons and a zip lock for our phones if not.

Hoping with $$$ the fountain rooms will be restored.
Thy are also sponsoring the Kidcot stations and will have bags that "look like luggage" and the kids will collect cards. I'm not sure how I feel about card collecting as opposed to coloring time. I know most little ones like to color and older ones like to collect things.

SteveBrickNJ

I know there is a Disney Vacation Planning forum....but you guys are my friends so I'll ask you my wristband question.
Our last visit to DisneyWorld we stayed off property and did not have wrist bands. Our prior stays were PRE wrist bands. So this will be our first wrist band trip.
When do I let Disney know our colors and actually order our wrist bands? So far I've only put the $200 deposit.
Dates to help you know my situation:
Check in at Pop Century is this Nov. 6th
Final Balance Payment due this Oct. 7th
Fast Passes may be arranged Sept 7th
If I remember correctly, since Cesar answered last night, three more people were kind to also respond. So THANK YOU to all four friends!
My take away from taking in the total of helpful answers I've benefited from is:
I CAN order the Magic Bands/Wristbands now or whenever it is convenient....but Disney will not ship them to my house until approx. 30 days before I check in to my first night at Pop Century Resort on Nov. 6th. Basically a correct summary I hope??? o_O
Thanks friends!!!!! :joyfull::);)

Goofyernmost

I remember the show Hazel. It was replayed along with Leave it to Beaver and Father Knows Best on a local channel when I was a kid. I loved the old black and white shows when I was a kid.
Sadly, I watched them first run! :bawling: The first time my kids saw a black and white show they both jumped up and tried to adjust the color. When they couldn't they ran in and told us that the TV was broken. I think it was an I Love Lucy episode.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

The volcano is just a friendly reminder from nature that she will always win in the end.

The volcano has been erupting for decades so why did people bother living near it? Who knows. You feel bad for people losing their homes but you have to wonder what they were thinking at the same time.
You should see the population around Vesuvius. Millions of people that currently live closer to it then Pompeii was. It is still considered an active volcano. In those situations one takes the risk of losing a lot more then their homes.

Last edited:

MySmallWorldof4

If I remember correctly, since Cesar answered last night, three more people were kind to also respond. So THANK YOU to all four friends!
My take away from taking in the total of helpful answers I've benefited from is:
I CAN order the Magic Bands/Wristbands now or whenever it is convenient....but Disney will not ship them to my house until approx. 30 days before I check in to my first night at Pop Century Resort on Nov. 6th. Basically a correct summary I hope??? o_O
Sounds right to me! So feel free to choose colors now and then change your mind and choose different colors before the 30 day mark.;) You can also put the date on the bands instead of just your name so you can use it as a souvenir.

MySmallWorldof4

You should see the population around Vesuvius. Millions of people that currently live closer to it then Pompeii was. It is still considered an active volcano. In those situation one takes the risk of losing a lot more then their homes.
That's nuts! Didn't know that. I wouldn't live near an active volcano. I have issues with the huge one under Yellowstone.

93boomer

Premium Member
Yes they give you an end date on the my Disney experience to change your band colors. We usually get ours around 3 weeks before our trip. We are going end of September and I can already choose mine too. They will also let you know when they ship the bands to you.

SteveBrickNJ

Yes they give you an end date on the my Disney experience to change your band colors. We usually get ours around 3 weeks before our trip. We are going end of September and I can already choose mine too. They will also let you know when they ship the bands to you.
Thank you! I am now at VBS and it is Day 3. I have to log out and receive my students
I will post a photo here before I log out.20180725_084759.jpg

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Fastpass day. You would think since Fastpass day happens literally every morning that Disney would iron out their process. At 7:00 am the dates opened but all dates said distribution was done. At 7:03 you could select a park, but no fastpasses came up. From 7:03 to 9:05 (now)... 90% of the time when you're trying to view what rides are available for fast passes, you get the OOPS! Something went wrong! Olaf page instead. Then when you finally manage to select a ride, and a time, and get to the confirmation screen, you have to refresh the page and hit confirm 18 times before it actually confirms.

My coworker started looking into a Disney trip last night for her family, and watching me go through this she said.... "nevermind......."

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Maybe they will hand out huge Ziploc's for us to cover ourselves from getting wet in the ride. Maybe the ponchos will be made by Ziploc.:hilarious:

We hardly ever ride Splash Mt because we hate getting wet on rides, especially our shorts. We can tolerate it a little on our shirts or hair. So when we had our Frontierland Friday on a couple Fridays ago we knew we had to go on Splash Mt to make sure we did everything in Frontierland, so we wrapped our bottom half in a cheap poncho as we got onto the ride and luckily that part stayed dry as did our shoes. But a fully body Ziploc poncho with just our heads sticking out would have been better, and funnier!

93boomer

Premium Member
Fastpass day. You would think since Fastpass day happens literally every morning that Disney would iron out their process. At 7:00 am the dates opened but all dates said distribution was done. At 7:03 you could select a park, but no fastpasses came up. From 7:03 to 9:05 (now)... 90% of the time when you're trying to view what rides are available for fast passes, you get the OOPS! Something went wrong! Olaf page instead. Then when you finally manage to select a ride, and a time, and get to the confirmation screen, you have to refresh the page and hit confirm 18 times before it actually confirms.

My coworker started looking into a Disney trip last night for her family, and watching me go through this she said.... "nevermind......."
Wow! I never get on early the FP morning. I always wait later in the day and I still get the ones I want. Good luck!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom