The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

21stamps

A rainy bunch of days coming up. I am going to miss the sun. I actually put on a sweatshirt this morning. :(

Sunday was supposed to be storms here.. my mom and dad both have bdays this week- 68 and 69. T wanted to take them to Kings Island for their bday on Sunday.. we got so lucky!!

Didn’t rain at all! 0 crowds. Walk on every ride. My parents did all of the big coasters and Drop Tower. T said “You are the coolest old people” 😂😂
We had so much fun!

If you like coconut, you should try this. I just got one to see and it is yummy!!View attachment 298122

Yes! We love those!

This can be yours at the Disney Caribbean Resort. View attachment 298201
Photo credit Charlene Moore. via Facebook

Do any rooms face that? It’s horrible!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Ironically.. an area near Yellowstone was recently closed because one of the areas near the volcano had a big fissure opening with steam gas rising from it (Grand Teton).
Yellowstone caldera might be reactivating and the nearby volcanoes might get crusty. or not, who knows...

I saw that briefly in the news. Well, if is going to blow, nothing we humans can do to stop it. And if it blows as big as some scientists predict, it's been nice knowing you. :eek::cool:

Figgy1

Fastpass day. You would think since Fastpass day happens literally every morning that Disney would iron out their process. At 7:00 am the dates opened but all dates said distribution was done. At 7:03 you could select a park, but no fastpasses came up. From 7:03 to 9:05 (now)... 90% of the time when you're trying to view what rides are available for fast passes, you get the OOPS! Something went wrong! Olaf page instead. Then when you finally manage to select a ride, and a time, and get to the confirmation screen, you have to refresh the page and hit confirm 18 times before it actually confirms.

My coworker started looking into a Disney trip last night for her family, and watching me go through this she said.... "nevermind......."
MDE has been crashing quite frequently this week. Get a screen shot of everything

SteveBrickNJ

I know there is a Disney Vacation Planning forum....but you guys are my friends so I'll ask you my wristband question.
Our last visit to DisneyWorld we stayed off property and did not have wrist bands. Our prior stays were PRE wrist bands. So this will be our first wrist band trip.
When do I let Disney know our colors and actually order our wrist bands? So far I've only put the $200 deposit.
Dates to help you know my situation:
Check in at Pop Century is this Nov. 6th
Final Balance Payment due this Oct. 7th
Fast Passes may be arranged Sept 7th
Hi again! I got confused by the booklet Disney sent months ago. It is the one that confirms your upcoming family vacation details and lists things to accomplish between now and then. The back page made it look like my final payment was due 60 days before check in..
Not 30 days . I will show the photo please.20180725_135539.jpg

SteveBrickNJ

Hi again! I got confused by the booklet Disney sent months ago. It is the one that confirms your upcoming family vacation details and lists things to accomplish between now and then. The back page made it look like my final payment was due 60 days before check in..
Not 30 days . I will show the photo please.View attachment 298526
There is a dot/bullet under the date September 7,2018. There is no reference to October 7th so I started to be concerned that I told my wife the wrong balance due date.......but when I went back to the e-mail Disney sent me re. receiving my $200 deposit.....the balance due date on the e-mail matches the date on the notes I took with the Disney representative when I booked the vacation. The Disney e-mail states my balance is due date is indeed Oct. 7th.
Does anyone else think the graphic in the photo might make the customer wrongly conclude their final payment should be on Sept. 7th??

21stamps

There is a dot/bullet under the date September 7,2018. There is no reference to October 7th so I started to be concerned that I told my wife the wrong balance due date.......but when I went back to the e-mail Disney sent me re. receiving my $200 deposit.....the balance due date on the e-mail matches the date on the notes I took with the Disney representative when I booked the vacation. The Disney e-mail states my balance is due date is indeed Oct. 7th.
Does anyone else think the graphic in the photo might make the customer wrongly conclude their final payment should be on Sept. 7th??
Yes, that’s weird. I may have to go back and look at one of mine.

SteveBrickNJ

Yes, that’s weird. I may have to go back and look at one of mine.
I'd like that. Thanks.
I called Disney and interacted with their automated system. After giving my reservation number and confirming my name and address, the automated system gave my balance due amount and the due date. All of that matches the Disney e-mail. $blah blah dollars are due by Oct. 7th.
I'm so glad it's not Sept. 7th.....because.....as a teacher I'm going the entire summer with no pay. Some teachers in America have their salary spread out over 12 months. Not in my town. The last day of school is our last paycheck. Then we don't see another penny until Sept. 10th. That's fine and appropriate ( no work-no pay) I'm cool with that. I'm just sayin' that it helps me if I don't owe Disney the big money until OCTOBER 7th;)

93boomer

I'd like that. Thanks.
I called Disney and interacted with their automated system. After giving my reservation number and confirming my name and address, the automated system gave my balance due amount and the due date. All of that matches the Disney e-mail. $blah blah dollars are due by Oct. 7th.
I'm so glad it's not Sept. 7th.....because.....as a teacher I'm going the entire summer with no pay. Some teachers in America have their salary spread out over 12 months. Not in my town. The last day of school is our last paycheck. Then we don't see another penny until Sept. 10th. That's fine and appropriate ( no work-no pay) I'm cool with that. I'm just sayin' that it helps me if I don't owe Disney the big money until OCTOBER 7th;)
Yeah that is weird! I got mine yesterday and after reading yours, I checked mine. It is confusing. But, both phone and online MDE gives August 30 for balance due on mine. Exactly 30 days before we arrive. If I remember correctly, the balance is always due 30 days before your trip starts.

SteveBrickNJ

Yeah that is weird! I got mine yesterday and after reading yours, I checked mine. It is confusing. But, both phone and online MDE gives August 30 for balance due on mine. Exactly 30 days before we arrive. If I remember correctly, the balance is always due 30 days before your trip starts.
Great. :) Balance due 30 days before.
So @93boomer , you say: "It is confusing". Do you ALSO have a dot under a date that is 60 days before you arrive? The same general principle as mine?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom