The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Does that mean it goes over the roof of that building, or to the side. I think they need a new room designation. Obstructed view.

EXACTLY what I was thinking when I first saw that eyesore outside of a hotel room!! It better end up in the lowest price category for that location. Really stupid, though.

I don't think landscaping is going to help if that is outside your window. Not to mention, those things tend to have a distinctive hum when in operation. Wonder how loud it is going to be?

Down through the years, I've ridden on various gondolas and chairlifts in mountain areas. I know what you mean about the "hum'. (Some people who live near windmills also mention that.) Anyway, some that I rode were quieter than others. Guess we won't know anything about this one, until it's up and running.

Goofyernmost

Old remedy--my grandmother used to use that, too. She also used Witch Hazel. You never hear about those old remedies anymore.
Witch Hazel was never allowed in our house. My mothers name was Hazel and she refused to acknowledge the existance of a product by that name. She also hated an old early TV show called HAZEL It was a situation comedy about a maid named Hazel. It was really a little complimentary and the character was, if I recall, the only smart one in the household, but, she would leave the room when the show came on. My Father loved the show.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Witch Hazel was never allowed in our house. My mothers name was Hazel and she refused to acknowledge the existance of a product by that name. She also hated an old early TV show called HAZEL It was a situation comedy about a maid named Hazel. It was really a little complimentary and the character was, if I recall, the only smart one in the household, but, she would leave the room when the show came on. My Father loved the show.

We get a channel on DirecTV called FETV and it has a lot of older TV shows. Hazel is on there and it is quite a funny show, and you are right Hazel is the only smart one on the show, well she keeps the family in line anyway.

SteveBrickNJ

I know there is a Disney Vacation Planning forum....but you guys are my friends so I'll ask you my wristband question.
Our last visit to DisneyWorld we stayed off property and did not have wrist bands. Our prior stays were PRE wrist bands. So this will be our first wrist band trip.
When do I let Disney know our colors and actually order our wrist bands? So far I've only put the $200 deposit.
Dates to help you know my situation:
Check in at Pop Century is this Nov. 6th
Final Balance Payment due this Oct. 7th
Fast Passes may be arranged Sept 7th

Last edited:

Cesar R M

EXACTLY what I was thinking when I first saw that eyesore outside of a hotel room!! It better end up in the lowest price category for that location. Really stupid, though.

Down through the years, I've ridden on various gondolas and chairlifts in mountain areas. I know what you mean about the "hum'. (Some people who live near windmills also mention that.) Anyway, some that I rode were quieter than others. Guess we won't know anything about this one, until it's up and running.
I was wondering the same. What kind of noise would the towers make? would they make a "chunk chunk" as the chairs touched the rolley system?

Cesar R M

I know there is a Disney Vacation Planning forum....but you guys are my friends so I'll ask you my wristband question.
Our last visit to DisneyWorld we stayed off property and did not have wrist bands. Our prior stays were PRE wrist bands. So this will be our first wrist band trip.
When do I let Disney know our colors and actually order our wrist bands? So far I've only put the $200 deposit.
Dates to help you know my situation:
Check in at Pop Century is this Nov. 7th
Final Balance Payment due this Oct. 7th
Fast Passes may be arranged Sept 7th
The first time I went, the bands were in "test phase". I selected them around 60 or 30 days before my trip.
The next one, I do not remember very well but I think you actually select them after confirming your trip and paid for it.

SteveBrickNJ

The first time I went, the bands were in "test phase". I selected them around 60 or 30 days before my trip.
The next one, I do not remember very well but I think you actually select them after confirming your trip and paid for it.
Thank you Cesar. Most of our friends are sleeping. I bet you are correct and others can comment in the morning.
Thanks again :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom