The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
A: I have a rainbow giraffe
Me: he's so pretty, what's his name?
A: HAKI!!! And today's his birthday!!
Me: oh it is??
A: yeah!! He's three years old like me! And Thea!!
Me: oh!! Three is a good age!!
A: yeah, and he needs Cheetos for his birthday!!
Me: well, Haki is a giraffe, so he needs leaves and lettuce...
A: nooo... Haki is a rainbow giraffe and rainbow giraffes are magical. Cheetos are magical. Rainbow giraffes eat Cheetos...
Me: okay, we can get Cheetos for Haki's birthday....
A: AND CHOCOLATE CAKE!!

Happy birthday Haki!!??!
20180422_154806.jpg20180422_154625.jpg20180422_154544.jpg

MinnieM123

Premium Member
A: I have a rainbow giraffe
Me: he's so pretty, what's his name?
A: HAKI!!! And today's his birthday!!
Me: oh it is??
A: yeah!! He's three years old like me! And Thea!!
Me: oh!! Three is a good age!!
A: yeah, and he needs Cheetos for his birthday!!
Me: well, Haki is a giraffe, so he needs leaves and lettuce...
A: nooo... Haki is a rainbow giraffe and rainbow giraffes are magical. Cheetos are magical. Rainbow giraffes eat Cheetos...
Me: okay, we can get Cheetos for Haki's birthday....
A: AND CHOCOLATE CAKE!!

Happy birthday Haki!!??!
View attachment 279692View attachment 279693View attachment 279694

This whole scene is adorable!! Happy birthday Haki !!! (Hey, save some Cheetos for me!) :joyfull:

donaldtoo

I hope they do investigate what went wrong with the engine.

The only other explosion that I remember from.. was the ROLLS ROYCE engines of the super jumbo, which was found to have heavy defects in its oil system.

The same type of damage that ended affecting other models of engines as well, all from Rolls Royce.

Seems their engines are still having issues.. https://leehamnews.com/2018/04/14/faa-ad-may-severely-limit-etops-of-rr-powered-787s-sources/

I mean.. 40% to 50% failure rate on engines of the 787.. Thats insane..

*edit*

Found that the engines are actually made by General Electric and Safran Aircraf Engines (CFM Engines) and not Rolls Roys on their Trent series.

Yep, this is totally an axial engine compresor blade failure issue. Seems something like inferior castings quality, or inferior materials, or just the need for replacement beyond normal recommended maintenance.
The NTSB and FAA will nail it down over time.

I remember reading stuff at a very young age about the first pressurized cabin de Havilland Comet airliner shortly after it entered service. There were 2 of them that came apart at attitude during perfect flight conditions, and one during bad weather, and all on board were lost.
They eventually determined it was the constant cabin compression and decompression stress on the airframe (something relatively new in the commercial airline industry at the time) and was especially evident in the square-cornered window openings of the Comet.
As a result, the entire fleet was grounded until they figured out the problem, and all subsequent Comets were redesigned with more oval-shaped windows.
Problem solved.
Unfortunately, lesson learned the hard way...but, many times, that is the only way we can progress... We don't know how things will go until we go places we've never been before...........

donaldtoo

Drama Queen Alert-

I just cried all the way home from dropping T off from school. I feel so horrible!!! I’ve been baking/decorating for about 9 years now. I’ve done cakes and cupcakes galore. Last year was the first time I did flooded royal icing cookies. They weren’t perfect..but the kids loved the Minecraft design and knew what they were.
Today’s cookies—- not the right color.. never dried.. no writing. Just a wrinkled blue shirt cookie!! I could tell that T was embarrassed. I told him that I would run and get bakery cookies and bring them to school later. He said “No. I’ll bring them. And I won’t tell anyone that you messed up. “
I replied, “Please do tell them that I messed up!” 😂😂

Omg I’m going to be the laugh of the PTA I’m sure. More importantly though, I just hope the kids are nice about it and actually eat them!

Sympathy like.
But, at this point, I've gotta' comment ( and yes, I realize this is several days old...but, stop kicking yourself already!!!!! :bored:
You're an awesome mom and your doing the best you can (and weather you like it or not, I think you go a bit overboard at times...you're stressing yourself out WAYYYYYYY too much.
You're probably stressing him and you're self out waaaaaayyyyy too much, as all he really wants to know is that his mother simply loves him more than anything...he knows it, he more than gets it, give yourself a break...with him.
You seem like an amazing mother, just don't feel like you hafta' conquer it all at one time... ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom